Linux AudioEngine testers - Linux only
(2012-06-04, 20:18)wingrunr21 Wrote: ATI compatibility is covered specifically not only on the first post of this thread but with several other micro discussions within the thread.

(2012-04-09, 14:53)wingrunr21 Wrote: Other Random Notes
  • Due to the way the fglrx drivers are implemented in Linux, ATI based cards cannot stream HD audio via HDMI (DTS and Dolby 5.1 are not HD audio codecs. You can still get surround sound, just not TrueHD or DTS-HD). This is because their audio system cannot handle more than 2 channels. At the current time, the radeon open-source driver only supports 2 channel HDMI audio when running Linux kernel >= 3.3. (http://phoronix.com/forums/showthread.ph...HDMI-Audio)

I've read that.
But... it says it can't handle more than 2 channels now.... How is it possible that i'va DTS and other 5.1 audio right now?
and... i don't want to have any thing to do with channels.. i want pass-trough (bit perfect 1:1 streaming)

That is why I asked anyway.

Or is the 2 channel limitation only for HD streams? and not for normal 5.1 streams?

Can this be worked arround by using my s/pdif connection on the motherboard (optical or coax)? (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec)

Messages In This Thread
Almost there, but still no HD - by OkvOkv - 2012-04-17, 03:54
AudioEngine testers - Linux only - by Ritzie - 2012-05-12, 18:36
RE: AudioEngine testers - Linux only - by HellStorm666 - 2012-06-04, 20:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AudioEngine testers - Linux only4