Linux AudioEngine testers - Linux only
@ray1112

Quote:NVIDIA current drivers (295.40): no HD sound. After starting XBMC all applications say "busy device".
Downgrade NVIDIA drivers to 290.10 (290.10-0ubuntu2) !!!

So with 295.40 XBMC put a resource lock on the audio device, but when you downgraded your NVIDIA drivers it fixed this? Or are you saying it only fixed the no HD audio part? I'm having this issue with launching emulators with RCB through XBMC. Emulators have no sound unless XBMC is not running when I launch the emulator. Same is true for Firefox.

Update:

So I downgraded to nvidia-current_290.10-0ubuntu2. AudioEngine still won't share the output device with anything else. Sure, HD audio is cool and all but at the cost of not being able to use XBMC to launch external applications...not a good trade; but why even have to trade in the first place? There should be a way to force XBMC to release the output device and the to grab it again when returning. Maybe an xbmcsend command or something so launcher add-ons like RCB and advanced launcher can still work. Something like have xbmc release audio dev --> launch external app --> play --> close app --> grab audio dev again when returning to xbmc.

Messages In This Thread
Almost there, but still no HD - by OkvOkv - 2012-04-17, 03:54
AudioEngine testers - Linux only - by Ritzie - 2012-05-12, 18:36
RE: AudioEngine testers - Linux only - by Aubrien - 2012-06-20, 05:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AudioEngine testers - Linux only4