• 29(current)
Linux AudioEngine testers - Linux only
I'm running a recently build from OpenELEC XBMC with new audio engine and noticed some strange behaviour. When playing a DVD with multiple episodes and it jumps to next episode, audio is missing.
Can't find anything usefull in log. What do you guys want me to do?
(2012-08-03, 15:50)schumi2004 Wrote: I'm running a recently build from OpenELEC XBMC with new audio engine and noticed some strange behaviour. When playing a DVD with multiple episodes and it jumps to next episode, audio is missing.
Can't find anything usefull in log. What do you guys want me to do?

Post the log anyway.
I just want to mention that the new audio engine is just awesome.

Today i compiled XBMC 12 ALPHA 5 the 1st time with libcec and pvr from the opdenkamp git. It worked "out-of-the-box" with my Asus ENGT430 DC SL DI 1GD3.

No .asoundrc editing and/or "aplay -L" trys. Selecting my Denon AVR in the Audio-Settings and playing play. Thats all! Nice Job!!!!!!!
Still not managed to get the correct log for my problem but yesterday i noticed something else, when watching the movie Battleship i noticed that high sound levels were misformed as in if your speaker has blown up. It's a crackling sound from speakers, can't find the correct way to describe it so will try to record a good sample from it. XBMC sound level was set to 0 Db
Some kind of a rant..
After the big merge AE broke on my HTPC (ubuntu natty, re installed to Ubuntu precise x64, see signature), which worked OK before. I've posted more than enough logs which should be sufficient to track down the problem with (audio) device enumeration. No one cared and I've lost patience compiling over and over again after a few weeks.
Last week I saw wingrunr21's post about the fixed device enumeration, happily updated my sources, configured, built and installed it. Testing was even more frustrating since it didn't detect my directly connected AV any more.
If somebody really wants take a look into this problem, I'm willing to upload the xbmc.log and try patches to iron out this bug which should, from my point of view, affects only Ubuntu precise. I'm not expecting that AE works perfectly, but that it detect the AVR and it's capabilities again.

Thank you
Home AV[/b]: Panasonic TX-P42ST33 Plasma | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Teufel 5.1 THX- Speakers | ATV2 | Wetek Core| DN2820FYK LibreElec | Harmony One Remote

Intel HD audio:

Thanks to direx for finding Intel-gfx and the filed HBR bug.
I tried a patch today, received from the Intel-gfx developers, unfortunately it did not fix the problem.

Temporary fix:

Play TrueHD and DTS-HD decoded and output (on HDMI) as Multichannel PCM.
This is done by disabling TrueHD and DTS capabilities in XBMC System Settings - Audio.

This way my system can play all test files I have for DTS-HD and TrueHD, all is output as PCM 7.1 48KHz.
(2012-08-09, 04:12)OkvOkv Wrote: Intel HD audio:

I tried a patch today, received from the Intel-gfx developers, unfortunately it did not fix the problem.

Temporary fix:

This is done by disabling TrueHD and DTS capabilities in XBMC System Settings - Audio.

This way my system can play all test files I have for DTS-HD and TrueHD, all is output as PCM 7.1 48KHz.

unless something has changed dts-hd cannot be decoded by xbmc, what you're getting is the dts core decoded as pcm. someone correct me if i'm wrong and this has changed.
Please remember that mainline and nightly builds are not guaranteed to work 100 percent, things churn and break, get fixed, etc. If you need stable, then I suggest installing Eden until the next 'stable' version is released.
(2012-08-09, 04:12)OkvOkv Wrote: Intel HD audio:

Temporary fix:

Hi, would you tell me your test environment ? Also it's better to paste the dump of intel-audio-dump output, I wonder check whether hbr bits are setting correctly.

Thanks
--xingchao

My environment is sandy bridge i3-2100 with intel 2000HD graphic + my receiver onkyo sr-608 and xbmcbuntu (12.04).
Can I do for you some test?
(2012-08-09, 18:20)forall Wrote: My environment is sandy bridge i3-2100 with intel 2000HD graphic + my receiver onkyo sr-608 and xbmcbuntu (12.04).

Thanks a lot. Currently we can manage the hbr bits setting correctly at alsa hda side,but gfx side did not reflect hbr correctly. That's maybe caused by some wrong setting sequence,anyway I hope you can provide the output of intel-audio-dump to check pin status. Sorry I have no hdmi receiver handy to receive hbr formats audio.
(2012-08-09, 05:27)furii Wrote: unless something has changed dts-hd cannot be decoded by xbmc, what you're getting is the dts core decoded as pcm. someone correct me if i'm wrong and this has changed.

I suppose you are right, my test was just to see if any sound was played.
(2012-08-09, 18:13)wxc200 Wrote: Hi, would you tell me your test environment ?

XBMC 12.0-ALPHA1 Git:20120416-afbac7c, Platform: Linux (Ubuntu precise (development branch), 3.2.0-23-generic-pae i686). Built on Apr 16 2012.
Alsa 1.0.25 (Compiled yesterday Aug 09 2012).

Hardware:
Asus P8H67I-Deluxe with Intel i3 2120 cpu, 4Gb RAM (Intel Cougarpoint HD audio).
HDMI to AV-receiver Denon AVR-1912.
(2012-08-09, 18:41)wxc200 Wrote:
(2012-08-09, 18:20)forall Wrote: My environment is sandy bridge i3-2100 with intel 2000HD graphic + my receiver onkyo sr-608 and xbmcbuntu (12.04).

Thanks a lot. Currently we can manage the hbr bits setting correctly at alsa hda side,but gfx side did not reflect hbr correctly. That's maybe caused by some wrong setting sequence,anyway I hope you can provide the output of intel-audio-dump to check pin status. Sorry I have no hdmi receiver handy to receive hbr formats audio.

@wxc200 - this is my intel-audio-dump: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1140832/
Code:
My environment - ubuntu 12.04 / Linux xbmc-media 3.3.0-999-generic-pae #201203030408
xbmc-12.0-alpha-20120811-aeeff96
alsa-base                            1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu1

vainfo
Code:
vainfo
No protocol specified
libva: VA-API version 0.32.0
libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA-API version: 0.32 (libva 1.1.0.pre1)
vainfo: Driver version: Intel i965 driver - 1.0.19.pre1
AudioEngine pulseaudio passthrough support

Currently audioengine pulseaudio does not do profile probing/switching. This results in passthrough device not set probably in the settings menu.

I put a comment on the github here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/506#is...nt-7675014
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AudioEngine testers - Linux only4