• 46(current)
Linux AudioEngine testers - Linux only
I dont even think you need alsa-plugins in any install... All Evryone needs is alsa-utils and libasound2, proper user permissions and done.

Then again I know nothing about AMD machines let alone whatever it is you have. so Ill give that a big miss.

Hopefully someone that knows about your special setup can shed some lght as I obviously know nothing of use to you. :/

uNi
(2012-12-25, 01:46)uNiversal Wrote: I dont even think you need alsa-plugins in any install... All Evryone needs is alsa-utils and libasound2, proper user permissions and done.

Then again I know nothing about AMD machines let alone whatever it is you have. so Ill give that a big miss.

Hopefully someone that knows about your special setup can shed some lght as I obviously know nothing of use to you. :/

uNi

No worries, thanks for trying ...
(2012-12-20, 22:48)vicbitter Wrote:
(2012-12-20, 17:43)zombor Wrote: I checked those patches, and they are already in the mainline 3.7 release it seems.

Have you applied the alsa-lib patch? See post #612 for further details...

how do i apply these patches?
First post, and a long time reader of these forums.
I'm in the same boat. Intel i3-530, running Frodo RC2, only sound is thru analog and pure static on HDMI, just like the bug report referenced in Post #612 states. Are the patches really in the new 3.7 kernal and for that matter how do you update a kernal if they are? I installed a minimal setup from this thread link
Thanx to all the gurus
Does anyone have any tips on how to make DTS CDs play? It seems things are not quite bit perfect with my setup. I'm using XBMCBuntu Frodo RC2 with an Nvidia 620, DTS-HDMA and all other formats supported by the prepro work well but DTS CDs just play as digital noise. I have the audiophile setting enabled and resample disabled but it seems something is still interfering with the stream. Has anyone managed to get DTS CD rips (eg. Flac or Ape lossless) to play? (Term is too short for me to search)
(2012-12-27, 00:57)goslo Wrote: First post, and a long time reader of these forums.
I'm in the same boat. Intel i3-530, running Frodo RC2, only sound is thru analog and pure static on HDMI, just like the bug report referenced in Post #612 states. Are the patches really in the new 3.7 kernal and for that matter how do you update a kernal if they are? I installed a minimal setup from this thread link
Thanx to all the gurus

What distribution are you using?
Here's some info on my setup. I installed using the minimal install script on Ubuntu 12.10 found in the link in uNiversals sig, which I think installs from here - ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba - and is supposed to have Intel support. I did have HDMI passthrough working in Eden with the custom settings for my GPU, but Frodo has been a bust so far. I guess I need to wait for a distribtion using the 3.7 kernel and test that out.

Code:
uname -r
Linux xbmc 3.5.0-21-generic

Code:
apt-cache show xbmc | grep Version
Version: 2:12.0~git20121223.0918-rc2-2quantal
Version: 2:11.0~git20120510.82388d5-1ubuntu2
You can install the 3.7 kernel though idk what will be like.

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

intel-next or

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mai....1-raring/

uNi

Quote:You can install the 3.7 kernel though idk what will be like.

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

intel-next or

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mai....1-raring/

This would be beyond me, I can barely do an update, but I am willing to learn!
you just download the .deb file for your instal x32 or x64 and do

Code:
cd ~/

wget linktofile.deb

dpkg -i *.deb

You either succeed or fail gloriously.

uNi
Moved to Linux and Live support section.
(2012-12-29, 13:12)Krobar Wrote: Does anyone have any tips on how to make DTS CDs play? It seems things are not quite bit perfect with my setup. I'm using XBMCBuntu Frodo RC2 with an Nvidia 620, DTS-HDMA and all other formats supported by the prepro work well but DTS CDs just play as digital noise. I have the audiophile setting enabled and resample disabled but it seems something is still interfering with the stream. Has anyone managed to get DTS CD rips (eg. Flac or Ape lossless) to play? (Term is too short for me to search)

Hi,
I'm running XBMC Frodo compiled today on Gentoo and I have audiophile setting enabled and resample disabled, too, and DTS and AC3 in wav-files play fine. DTS-CDs however do not work, when I select "play disc" XBMC just skips through all the tracks on the CDs in a few seconds, so it never starts playing really. Normal Audio CDs work fine.

I am getting a very loud digital click/pop/thump when the PC first boots, when I change sources, or even play a recording. I sometimes get a waterfall sound on exit of a recording. I am worried about blowing out my speakers and it scares the living crap out of us. I tried enabling and disabling various audio settings without success -- I either get the pops or nothing. OE is pointing me here.

Openelec 2.95.6 ION x64
Kernel 3.6.11
Zotac Zbox Ion
HDMI out

Edit: I installed xbmcbuntu. There were more options for for hdmi passthrough, but all of them had the same pop/click/thump

ajaxmike - I am running a zotac zbox ion id-41 with HDMI out directly to an LG tv running xbmcbuntu - i had the clicking as well and I just had to choose analog (assuming because it's stereo vs 5.1 digital receiver) as the 'audio output' under the sound options. This resolved all audio issues for me on the tvs I use without a digital receiver attached.
Disable boost volume level on downmix for popping/crackling issues.

uNi
(2013-01-04, 00:01)Murdock304 Wrote: ajaxmike - I am running a zotac zbox ion id-41 with HDMI out directly to an LG tv running xbmcbuntu - i had the clicking as well and I just had to choose analog (assuming because it's stereo vs 5.1 digital receiver) as the 'audio output' under the sound options. This resolved all audio issues for me on the tvs I use without a digital receiver attached.

Hmmm, that might be OK for casual TV watching but this is my 5.1 home theater room. Not encouraged to hear that your Zotac (same model as mine) has the same problem.
(2013-01-04, 00:33)uNiversal Wrote: Disable boost volume level on downmix for popping/crackling issues.

uNi

No change.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AudioEngine testers - Linux only4