Simply wont update library
Hi everyone,

After several hours of playing around with XMBC and setting it all up scanning in files, I noticed that everything but 1 folder so far isnt recognized.

Ive tried hitting C and searching for new content, updating library but it will not show up. I tried cleaning the library and then doing it again, closing and launching XMBC again but it really just doesnt want to add this series in.

To be specific, its Spartacs Gods of The Arena, a special season to the series.

Am using my Windows 7 rig to host the files and stream it over the network to my old retired laptop that is the victim of XMBC now.
The filing structure is as shown:
Spartacus
-Season 1
-Season 2
-Gods of The Arena

I tried changing the folder of Gods to The Arena to another name, Season 3, Special and even placing it in the main TV Series folder and named it as Gods of The Arena but no matter what I do it will not pick it up and register it in the library.

The file names for all my TV Series are as follows:
TV Series Name - SxxExx - Episode Name
Spartacus - S01E01 - Etc Etc.
Gods of The Arena - S01E01 - Etc Etc.

Ive also tried changing Gods of The Arena to E01-E06 only or Changing it to S03 and placing it in as Season 3 in the Spartacus series folder but to no luck.

A little confused puzzled and tired now. Hope its just something am missing out on, really am just puzzled why this 1 folder wont register.

Many thanks in advance!
Rename the folder to Specials and then you have to change the file names to Spartacus - S00E01 - etc etc.

It should work then.
Mar16 is correct on the setup for TV show specials, more info in the link.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_...w_specials
WOW... that simple. Many many thanks guys. That'll be helpful for any other "Specials" I have too.
Great! i had the same problem and its now working! thanks to you Mar16 Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simply wont update library0