xbmc pvr epg W7 problem
I am only using over the air tv and I can watch all my channels through xbmc but none of my epg information works. Everything has "no information available". I can't find anything on this really so I'm now making a post. Any point in the right direction would be great!
Windows 7 ultimate
latest margo pvr build
Did you setup EPG? What backend are you using? MediaPortal does support EPG data, but requires a fairly involved setup process. It's the only backend I'm familiar with however.
I setup epg in mediaportal. All my channels are ota antenna though. But nothing seems to update in xbmc. Also the logs only show this really for EPG.
16:14:25 T:3152 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:14:26 T:4936 NOTICE: EPG::CEpgContainer::Start - EPG thread started
16:14:26 T:4324 NOTICE: Epg - EPG::CEpg::Load - no database entries found for table 'Unknown 19-3'.
16:14:26 T:4324 NOTICE: Epg - EPG::CEpg::Load - no database entries found for table 'Unknown 19-4'.
16:14:26 T:4324 NOTICE: Epg - EPG::CEpg::Load - no database entries found for table 'WPT3'.
16:14:26 T:4324 NOTICE: Epg - EPG::CEpg::Load - no database entries found for table 'WPT2'.
16:14:26 T:4324 NOTICE: Epg - EPG::CEpg::Load - no database entries found for table 'WHA-HD'.
16:14:26 T:4324 NOTICE: Epg - EPG::CEpg::Load - no database entries found for table 'ThisTV'.
16:14:26 T:4324 NOTICE: Epg - EPG::CEpg::Load - no database entries found for table 'MeTV'.
16:14:26 T:4324 NOTICE: Epg - EPG::CEpg::Load - no database entries found for table 'WKOW-DT'.
16:14:26 T:4324 NOTICE: Epg - EPG::CEpg::Load - no database entries found for table 'WBUW HD'.
16:14:26 T:4324 NOTICE: Epg - EPG::CEpg::Load - no database entries found for table 'TCN'.
16:14:26 T:4324 NOTICE: Epg - EPG::CEpg::Load - no database entries found for table 'CoolTV'.
16:14:26 T:4324 NOTICE: Epg - EPG::CEpg::Load - no database entries found for table 'WMSN-TV'.
16:14:26 T:4324 NOTICE: Epg - EPG::CEpg::Load - no database entries found for table 'WISC-DT'.
16:14:26 T:4324 NOTICE: Epg - EPG::CEpg::Load - no database entries found for table 'TVW'.
Make sure that it works in Mediaportal first. When MediaPortal shows EPG items, XBMC should pick them up also. If you didn't install MediaPortal frontend, check the TVServer database table "program" for EPG items with a tool like HeidiSQL (for MySQL).
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
When I open the table "program" this is what is in there. http://i42.tinypic.com/33tp3rb.png
Make sure you have enabled EPG grabbing in the MP TV Server interface.
It is. Does it make it trickier when it is free over the air? This shouldn't be this hard.
I have the same problem. MP does not get any information. I have a cheap little Walmart digital box and it shows the channel information so I know it is being sent. MP must just not be able to see it?
(2012-04-19, 04:13)CakeM1x Wrote: It is. Does it make it trickier when it is free over the air? This shouldn't be this hard.

I'm using it with the DVB-T service here in Ireland. It is a free to air (FTA) system using MPEG-4 and and a mix of HD and SD TV channels (8) and radio channels (10). I can see a week's worth of TV and radio programmes in xbmc.
I clicked on "all" channels and "all" languages in the EPG tab in the MP TV server config. I noticed the "check CRC" box was already ticked, but that seems to work with the EPG data I am receiving. You could try unticking that option to see if it makes a difference. Can you see the actual EPG in the MP database? Your earlier post of the database table was just showing the design view rather than the actual contents. I didn't have to go looking at the MySQL tables as it just works in xbmc.
What country are you in? Some systems (like the HD services in the UK) encrypt or compress EPG data so you can only see "now and next" programme data unless you have access to their proprietary algorithms. If it's standard DVB-T EIT tables, then it should work ok.
That's another concern. I'm in the USA but I see a lot of posts regarding mediaportal epg outside of the USA and not so much in it.
I'm getting ready to head down this road also. I'm still using WMC on my Win 7 box, due to the fact I havent' had time to tinker w/ the xbmc pvr builds much lately and it was a quick set-up. I did find a program, EPG Collector, that will use your tuner to find the broadcast ATSC guide. I believe that it's format is xmltv...which mediaportal uses. I haven't done it myself yet, but maybe this will lead you in a direction...
I've got Medial Portal setup using 2 HDHR3's OTA grabbing the EPG with a program called MC2XML http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/ which goes out and grabs the same info that MCE uses. If you need more info on setting up the xmltv for MP follow the steps below

How would I use mc2xml with MediaPortal? *

Create a folder for the EPG data (example: c:\mc2xml) and put the mc2xml.exe binary and a copy of xmltv.dtd ( http://xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/.../xmltv.dtd ) in that folder (use a GUI file manager or command line)
Optionally create an "mc2xml.chl" file listing the channels you want included in your EPG (see above for file format) (make sure that notepad doesn't append a ".txt" extension to this filename)
MediaPortal wants the produced .xml file to be called "tvguide.xml", so you must open a DOS box, change to the EPG data directory and specify the output filename on the mc2xml command line.

On the first run of mc2xml on Windows it will ask you to input your Postal/Zip code (ie: "10000"), Country Code (ie: "us"). If not using windows, you must specify this info on the command line.

mc2xml will then ask you to select a lineup number. mc2xml will save this selection to mc2xml.dat and create a tvguide.xml file in this folder. (Delete mc2xml.dat if you selected the wrong lineup, and try again)

md "C:\mc2xml"
cd "C:\mc2xml"
copy "C:\downloads\mc2xml.exe" "C:\mc2xml"
copy "C:\downloads\xmltv.dtd" "C:\mc2xml"
notepad "C:\mc2xml\mc2xml.chl"
mc2xml -c us -g (zip code) -o tvguide.xml

Start MediaPortal's "TVserver configuration"
Go to plugin "XmlTv" (make sure XmlTv plugin box is checked) and select the folder with the newly generated tvguide.xml (example: c:\mc2xml)
Go to Tab "Mappings"
Select your "Group"
Press "Load/Refresh"
The list box will now show your "channels" with drop down boxes to select the descriptions from the tvguide.xml file
After selecting descriptions, press "Save"
Verify the selections by pressing "Load/Refresh" again (all boxes should now be white)
Go back to the "Settings" tab and press "Import" (you should see your channels/programs after importing (takes a few seconds))
Close "TVserver configuration"
Optionally schedule a daily task to keep the tvguide.xml file up-to-date:

Start->Control Panel->Scheduled Tasks->Add Scheduled Task (Press Next)
Browse and Select C:\mc2xml\mc2xml.exe
Select daily -> Next
Set desired time -> Next
Set computer username/password -> Next
Check "Open Advanced Properties when I click finish", and click Finish, and set these options (modify paths if necessary):

Run: c:\mc2xml\mc2xml.exe -o "c:\mc2xml\tvguide.xml"
Start in: C:\mc2xml

Press OK
I don't have a xmltv.dtd file anywhere on windows 7. I find this kinda humorous, I can set up exchange, sharepoint, etc., but not mediaportal's backend for epg info lol
(2012-04-20, 00:56)CakeM1x Wrote: I don't have a xmltv.dtd file anywhere on windows 7.

The xmltv.dtd is created by mc2xml.exe after you run it the first time.
It created a .xml and .dat file after first run, no dtd file

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc pvr epg W7 problem0