TV Show Library empty after waking from sleep
My HTPC was fine yesterday with going to sleep and coming back and showing all the episodes for all of my TV Shows.
However when I turned it today, all the Shows were listed, but the only episodes it showed were the 4 new ones I added to the server today.

The TV Shows exist on a central server and I added the TV Shows Library via SMB. if I go to each show and bring up the context menu I can rescan the whole show and the episodes will show, but that is a big hassle.
FWIW the Movies were still all there and i didn't have to rescan them.

How can I keep the library from not showing all the shows? I must be missing something simple that I overlooked.

Info:
XBMC 11.0
Aeon Skin
Win7 x64
http://pastebin.com/3aRZJCdH
Sorry forgot to add the log.
Do you have the clean on update setting in your advancedsettings.xml file?

From your log:
13:56:15 T:2824 NOTICE: CVideoDatabase::CleanDatabase: Starting videodatabase cleanup ..
13:56:16 T:2824 NOTICE: CVideoDatabase::CleanDatabase: Cleaning videodatabase done. Operation took 00:01
(2012-04-10, 02:13)kricker Wrote: Do you have the clean on update setting in your advancedsettings.xml file?

From your log:
13:56:15 T:2824 NOTICE: CVideoDatabase::CleanDatabase: Starting videodatabase cleanup ..
13:56:16 T:2824 NOTICE: CVideoDatabase::CleanDatabase: Cleaning videodatabase done. Operation took 00:01

I don't have an advancedsettings.xml file setup. However I did notice that on the XMBC Library Auto Update add-on that I had Clean Libraries Enabled.
I went ahead and disabled this. Will this resolve the issue?
If your server is offline when the database is cleaned, then all unreachable items will be deemed as missing and removed from the library.
(2012-04-10, 02:23)kricker Wrote: If your server is offline when the database is cleaned, then all unreachable items will be deemed as missing and removed from the library.

Gotcha, it likely didn't reconnect fast enough on startup today.
I'm seeing the same problem. My videos are on my NAS and it requires a few seconds to spin up. This wasn't a problem in Dharma. Ack! Another issue to work around. Sad
This has always been the case for XBMC. If the videos can not be found when running the clean operation, they are deemed missing and removed. This is something I hope one day can be changed seeing how more people are moving to not always on media servers for storage.
This worked fine for me under Dharma. Under Eden I'm seeing TV Shows disappearing. Hardware & OS for the client has changed though. Under Dharma my client was a ION box (Live), under Eedn it's a i32120T box (Windows 7).
Are you also running the Library updater add-on?
I'm not running the updater add-on. I have the clean on update in advancedsettings and scan on startup. Once I get a chance I'll remove the advancedsettings entry.
If you have the clean on update setting as true in the advancedsetting.xml you best be sure your server is reachable via XBMC before an update is run or those items not reachable will be removed. this has always been the case. I'm not sure how you avoided it in Dharma, but I can assure you it did it as well. I've been trying to get this looked at since XBMC first appeared on the windows OS.
Since my Dharma installs were all XBMCLive that may explain it, the problem only occurs in Windows. Unfortunately I can't use XBMCbuntu (tried it, can't get around a bug). I can work around this.
It should happen under any flavor of XBMC. It has to do with how the library works. Intersting to hear about it. If I ever get time I may have to play with an old live disc.
I can say for sure that I never had this happen in Dharma Live. In Eden under Windows it'll come up with no TV Shows regularly with the clean on update. Then after you tell it to scan the shows still don't appear in TV Shows on the main menu. Why? Because it cleaned them all out along with the type of file they are for the source. You have to go back in and re-enter that the source is TV Shows. I am also seeing this for Movies.

This is becoming all moot for me. My Windows install hasn't been usable and now the menu/info/start signals from the remote quit being recognized by Eden. With talk of going back to Directv from my wife I have to fix this. I've been fighting a constant stream of bugs since I started to try and move to Eden and burned way to many hours, I'm going back to Dharma.

I bought a bunch of parts to upgrade my 2 clients from ION to i32120T systems. Since I have those extra parts I put together another client. I've loaded JRiver Media Center on it and I'm going to see if it is a decent HTPC. If it is, I think I'll move over to it.

I've been happy with XBMC, but Eden really is too buggy for my use and I really want to have the ability to play my collection of HD 5.1 flac recordings. I can't get this in Dharma, it still doesn't work in Eden, and I will not wait/try to use a development release for the audioengine when I can't even get the main code to work. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Library empty after waking from sleep0