Have to press escape twice at startup
This is a new problem since upgrading to the latest Eden (rc2 i think)

when i start xbmc on 3 different pc's the screen is black and i have to press escape twice to get it to appear.

any ideas?

thanks,
It sounds like something may be stealing focus from XBMC. You can try to delay the startup of XBMC following the instructions here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...seconds.3F
That's odd. Can you post a debug log. Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC and wait a minute or twoassuming the screen is indeed black press escape as many times as you need to display the home screen then immediately close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
(2012-04-10, 11:53)johnmerrick Wrote: This is a new problem since upgrading to the latest Eden (rc2 i think)

when i start xbmc on 3 different pc's the screen is black and i have to press escape twice to get it to appear.

any ideas?

thanks,

Are you, by any chances, using the svn version of the Neon skin? If so, see this post from Stoli. You will also need to install the XBMC intro addon, download can be found in the first post in the thread i referenced to.
(2012-04-10, 22:28)KRKA01 Wrote:
(2012-04-10, 11:53)johnmerrick Wrote: This is a new problem since upgrading to the latest Eden (rc2 i think)

any ideas?

thanks,

Are you, by any chances, using the svn version of the Neon skin? If so, see this post from Stoli. You will also need to install the XBMC intro addon, download can be found in the first post in the thread i referenced to.

that was it. thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Have to press escape twice at startup0