Eden Wont start

Hi,

I've been using Dharma on my Asrock Vision3d and decided to move to Eden. I uninstalled dharma (including the optional profiles box tick) and installed Eden but fo rsome reason it hangs at the XBMC startup screen. Am stumped now so would appreciate some help.

My previous version of Dharma launched external players (a more tech savvy friend configured this for me), so not sure if there is something still on the PC that is conflicting?

Thanks in advance

http://pastebin.com/tTkCcVAt

Meant to say, I'm not going to use the external players any more so happy to delete any legacy files etc. I don't know what I'm looking at in the log but could it be the old amended player core file that is causing the issue? If so let me know what to delete and I'll do it - happy with a fresh install of Eden 11.0
Create an advancedsettings.xml file and set the log level to 1 or higher. Then start XBMC and grab that log and post it.

The file should look like below.
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <loglevel hide="false">2</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>
Put this in your userdata folder.
Thanks for the reply, but dont know how to do that. I'm competent using the functions within the program but once it gets to replacing code and making files its beyond my comprehension.

Is there an idiots guide to what u want me to do anywhere?
Select the code above and create a new text file. In Notepad, paste the code in the new file. Name the file advancedsettings.xml. Or just download and extract the file I attached. Place this in your userdata folder. Click the link above to see where that folder is.
A debug log should tells us what is going on. Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then when XBMC crashes kill it.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
Unless I misread something, XBMC is crashing on start, so he can't get to the settings screen. He needs to create the advancedsettings.xml file to enable logging.
Yes kicker is correct, I can't actually get into xbmc- just get the xbmc, Eden 11.0 screen, then it hangs. thanks, I'll try that later when I get a chance.
Here you go, hope i did what you asked!

http://pastebin.com/GZG920K6

You got the logging enabled properly. Good work there! Hopefully a dev can make use of it. Oddly the GUI setting is overriding the advancedsetting.xml debug setting. At least it is still set to 1.

Where did you get your version of Eden from? Is this a Pulse-Eight build?
@acamp76144: removed the cd/dvd from drive and try again.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Wiso, What in the log leads you to this? I'd like to be able to spot this in the future.
I also have a problem with eden not starting but i just get a "xbmc has encountered a problem" dialogue. Never had any problems with v10.1.

http://pastebin.com/21GdGGr6
It's the official one off the main xbmc site
@kricker:
Code:
20:52:18 T:1828    INFO: CD Analysis Report
20:52:18 T:1828    INFO: __________________________________

Indicates that a CD/DVD is in the slot but I see no result. We have the problem that our libcdio doesn't work well with certain usb blueray drives and freezes for about 4 minutes. Even though the detection is in a separate thread it blocks xbmc as we locked access to libcdio. In master after Eden are some changes to prevent this but if one enters the video/music section its blocked again since we need libcdio again.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden Wont start0