Linux Nvidia sound and wireless Help
i managed to get the latest nvidia drivers to install. i still have sound and wireless at the minute. I have rebooted too. just doing a test on a video, it lost connection at around 16 minutes. so fingers crossed it wont lose connection wirelessly. And then i can try and get wired connection to work

thank you so much for all your help so far

(2012-04-11, 12:01)syborg Wrote: tbh I'm stumped

if you run a

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

will download and install the newer packages

sudo apt-get install wicd

will install a graphical user network manager which be more help too

i will do the above in 20 mins or so. and let you know what happens

thank you
no problem - glad to (try to) help!
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
lost connection, I have updated and upgraded and installed wicd and rebooted. I see the wireless connection ok but not the wired connection.
When i right click the wicd icon near the clock i see connections and then wired, and 2 wireless connections, i select the wired connection and it goes back to wireless again. I gonna try and setup the wired connection with a static ip and see what happens.

Is there a way of seeing beta versions of updates

sorry i dont know about beta updates.

let me know how you get on with the static ip
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
I installed wicd and had disconnections alot but they reconnected pritty much straight away, i then uninstalled network-manager, and i now see wired and my wireless connection in wicd, i tried setting up static ip but came up done connecting and never connected. i checked my router and see it listed.

now i tried to connect through dhcp and now getting the bar going across on getting ip address. i have set my router to the mac address and given it the ip address, and still no wired Sad
have you tried rebooting since you have uninstalled the network-manager? might allow it a reset itself
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
I have had wireless working with NO disconnections at all..

I just have to sort out the wired connection, Static IP didnt work.
could you run a ipconfig again and post the results
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Same as before, i have got my debug log from xbmc. I dont know what is giving me the service.py error. and how to fix it.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1436

Well from your debug log it's your artwork downloader that is the reason for the service.py failing make sure you have the most recent version and failing that check the thread incase there is a fix. I'm at a loss to why you still don't have wired Internet hopefully someone else can maybe help.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2012-04-11, 20:09)syborg Wrote: Well from your debug log it's your artwork downloader that is the reason for the service.py failing make sure you have the most recent version and failing that check the thread incase there is a fix. I'm at a loss to why you still don't have wired Internet hopefully someone else can maybe help.

Thank you for all your help
Very strange thing has happened.
I now have wired connection, BUT now lost sound and also when I connect by wireless it wont connect to my NAS which worked very well yesterday.

I think the Ethernet driver is breaking the sound, I keep checking other forums but no one has same problem.

I would maybe be doing a full install again something has broke somewhere along the line it might just be easy to start again instead of trying to fix it.

When I installed mine the wired internet connection worked from the very start without any configuration at all. All i had to do was to setup the audio using the instruction on the wiki.

But I think it was my third full install before I got it working correctly.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
I gonna try installing Ubuntu 12.04 beta and then install xbmc see if I can get it to work that way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia sound and wireless Help0