• 33(current)
Kodi/XBMC in the media? Post links here
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...legal.html

"Is this the end for Kodi? European court rules 'fully loaded' boxes ARE illegal"

Give it about 5 seconds and all the "youtube" experts will be posting crap
HTPC
PC: Home Built
Processor: i7 6700k
GPU: GTX 980 ti
Ram: 16GB DDR4
XBMC: Kodi Jarvis
Skin: Aeon Badnox Beta

Kodi Counters Scaremongerers and Clarifies Its Stance on DRM

https://torrentfreak.com/kodi-counters-s...rm-170427/
(2017-04-28, 02:01)blossom24 Wrote: Kodi Counters Scaremongerers and Clarifies Its Stance on DRM

https://torrentfreak.com/kodi-counters-s...rm-170427/

Those comments are actual cancer.
Which comments?
The comments under the article. Article is great. Comments are... ugh.
That's weird. I don't see any comments... It just says " There are 0 comments. Add yours?"

---Edit---
I changed browser form IE 11 to MS Edge, now I see the comments.
(2017-04-28, 03:10)natethomas Wrote: The comments under the article. Article is great. Comments are... ugh.
I think those guys just have a problem with concepts, words and sentence.

Suggestion: I have made a quick addon with samples (encrypted and non-encrypted) from exoplayer.
Make a before/after youtube video.

Before: unencrypted works, encrypted does not
After: unencrypted still works, encrypted works as well

Add some pink ponies and ship. Take some popcorn and enjoy the brand new complot theories they will come up with Wink

PS As a matter of fact, talking about encryption rather than drm might ease the communication. They obviously don't get that drm is just encryption + a username/password to get the decryption key, if applicable
(2017-04-28, 03:10)natethomas Wrote: The comments under the article. Article is great. Comments are... ugh.

Have you considered adding a basic intelligence test to the Kodi install process?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

If I was you, I would stay away from youtube for at least today, all the youtube kodi expert's have made clickbait videos to basically lie, bs and misinterpret what you guys are thinking about
HTPC
PC: Home Built
Processor: i7 6700k
GPU: GTX 980 ti
Ram: 16GB DDR4
XBMC: Kodi Jarvis
Skin: Aeon Badnox Beta

someone please help im using rom collection browser and ive scraped everything and got the artwork. but when i click on a game to play, it pulls up the emulator but no game plays. why would this be im soooo confused[/align]
(2017-04-28, 12:24)grasshopper400 Wrote: someone please help im using rom collection browser and ive scraped everything and got the artwork. but when i click on a game to play, it pulls up the emulator but no game plays. why would this be im soooo confused[/align]
And now i want that basic intelligence test for forum users as well Big Grin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
People see DRM rightly as a slippery slope, if you had DRM on Kodi for a while and big media start pushing for changes to lock out some content what would you do? change Kodi or loose big players like Netflix.
either way you're going to greatly anger different users.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
(2017-04-28, 16:49)deadite66 Wrote: People see DRM rightly as a slippery slope, if you had DRM on Kodi for a while and big media start pushing for changes to lock out some content what would you do? change Kodi or loose big players like Netflix.

We already do. Every time I write ill-informed YouTube idiots, a legion of even more idiot followers starts ranting. I couldn't care less. Rofl
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2017-04-28, 16:49)deadite66 Wrote: People see DRM rightly as a slippery slope, if you had DRM on Kodi for a while and big media start pushing for changes to lock out some content what would you do? change Kodi or loose big players like Netflix.

It would not be possible to lock out content. The DRM isn't in Kodi and odds are the GPL wouldn't allow for it no matter what we might want. If some big player demanded it, we'd say, "Sorry, can't help you." People asking this, I think, don't really understand how the GPL works.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi/XBMC in the media? Post links here5