Kodi/XBMC in the media? Post links here

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
DarkHelmet Offline
Posting Freak
(2017-08-04 23:58)twilight0 Wrote:  Regarding TVA and those "giants". There wasn't a single takedown request by any of them, which is required by law, to remove infringed content. So this reminds me of some unlawful tactics much in a same manner to what Kim DotCom suffered.

I argue also that it is a search engine, but not in the traditional manner of type-a text-and-get-results. A user wanted to watch live channels? Fine USTVNOW completely legit lets you do that. Available via a web interface and their indigo tool. Filmon was also legit as well. Even the popular "X-o-doos" had its legit side.

How do you know there was no takedown request? If tva wanted to change themselves to a "search engine" they would have to implement a reporting system that works and that would have made the site useless. Same goes for the addons themselves. An effective reporting system would just make them useless. If they really have their legit use like you say, there is no harm in a reporting system, right?
find quote
metalkettle Offline
(2017-08-07 13:20)DarkHelmet Wrote:  
(2017-08-04 23:58)twilight0 Wrote:  Regarding TVA and those "giants". There wasn't a single takedown request by any of them, which is required by law, to remove infringed content. So this reminds me of some unlawful tactics much in a same manner to what Kim DotCom suffered.

I argue also that it is a search engine, but not in the traditional manner of type-a text-and-get-results. A user wanted to watch live channels? Fine USTVNOW completely legit lets you do that. Available via a web interface and their indigo tool. Filmon was also legit as well. Even the popular "X-o-doos" had its legit side.

How do you know there was no takedown request? If tva wanted to change themselves to a "search engine" they would have to implement a reporting system that works and that would have made the site useless. Same goes for the addons themselves. An effective reporting system would just make them useless. If they really have their legit use like you say, there is no harm in a reporting system, right?

TVA always had a dmca contact on their website FWIW and still does.
find quote
metalkettle Offline
Kodi featured on today's (14/08/2017) episode of The One Show on BBC1 in the UK. Can be viewed on BBC iPlayer.
find quote
docwra Offline
Fan
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...-Kodi.html

[Image: cook.png] Formally chef Zag
find quote
RayW1986 Offline
Fan
(2017-08-16 12:45)docwra Wrote:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...-Kodi.html

Why is there such a focus on Kodi for this stuff? I'd wager that more people pirate the EPL outside of the Kodi eco-system than they do inside it. These dodgy IPTV groups usually ship with an equally dodgy Android application, and whatever content Kodi is reading via add-ons is coming from a website run and operated elsewhere, too. Why is this a Kodi issue and not an internet issue? I'll never understand.
find quote
Bluesmanuk Offline
(2017-08-16 13:52)RayW1986 Wrote:  
(2017-08-16 12:45)docwra Wrote:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...-Kodi.html

Why is there such a focus on Kodi for this stuff? I'd wager that more people pirate the EPL outside of the Kodi eco-system than they do inside it. These dodgy IPTV groups usually ship with an equally dodgy Android application, and whatever content Kodi is reading via add-ons is coming from a website run and operated elsewhere, too. Why is this a Kodi issue and not an internet issue? I'll never understand.

Such is the lack of journalistic integrity almost across the board these days.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story has never been more apt.
find quote
FXB78 Offline
Fan
What's particularly poor is the line "Kodi, Perfect Player and GSE IPTV are all believed to have been blocked, although more sites are likely to be targeted in the future.". That just sums up the knowledge of the journalist right there doesn't it, none of those applications are 'sites' which provide any content whatsoever, a quick google search will tell you that.
find quote