• 10(current)
Win HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
(2012-11-14, 20:00)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-14, 12:01)ibramadhan Wrote: I see truehd and dtshd in windows supported formats
And have successfully used my AVR to bitstream with intel before so i dont think EDID override is my problem

Specs:
Asrock matx
AMD a10 5700
Onyko st rx313

Any help i have read and read
and tried and tried with no success.
It still can be EDID problem between your AMD and Onkyo. Have you update AMD A10-5700 latest driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect and select proper AMD HDMI audio output in Windows control panel and XBMC audio output. You can select WASAPI: Onyko st rx313 (AMD High Definition....) in XBMC audio output. If you installed Realtek audio codec, you can un-install it....

Ya blu, i tried all that, even tried a fresh win install minus the Realtek audio codec.
and in windows control panel it says AMD onkyo.......
And under that in another box it says HDMI Jack

(2012-11-14, 21:59)ibramadhan Wrote:
(2012-11-14, 20:00)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-14, 12:01)ibramadhan Wrote: I see truehd and dtshd in windows supported formats
And have successfully used my AVR to bitstream with intel before so i dont think EDID override is my problem

Specs:
Asrock matx
AMD a10 5700
Onyko st rx313

Any help i have read and read
and tried and tried with no success.
It still can be EDID problem between your AMD and Onkyo. Have you update AMD A10-5700 latest driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect and select proper AMD HDMI audio output in Windows control panel and XBMC audio output. You can select WASAPI: Onyko st rx313 (AMD High Definition....) in XBMC audio output. If you installed Realtek audio codec, you can un-install it....

Ya blu, i tried all that, even tried a fresh win install minus the Realtek audio codec.
and in windows control panel it says AMD onkyo.......
And under that in another box it says HDMI Jack
Have you try it with TMT5? If it can bitstream using TMT5, then we can concentrate on XBMC side of thing afterward...

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks again for the help Bluray.

I bought the graphic card you recommened, and I've installed Frodo beta 1.

With the GPU that was builtin my motherboard, Frodo beta 1 was lagging and suttering on DTS-HD MA movies, but now with the new GPU it runs smoothly.
And even better, Windows 8 now agrees that I have 5.1 speakers and all the formats are in the list of encoded.
When I play movies with DTS-HD MA or DD True HD, the receiver shows DTS HD MSTR or DD TrueHD in its display.

XBMC has updated its audio engine in Frodo.
Correct me if I'm wrong, this is now coded in with XBMC and this trick is now obsolete?
Hey,

I am having difficulty in getting bitsteaming to work, both in Frodo beat 1 and when I tried previously with AE.

The usual story in this thread, when I play a dts-hd etc file I get slow playback and no audio.

Specs: ASrock 75M, A6 3500 APU.

I have uninstalled realtech audio drivers, installed CCC (even fully un installed and installed).

If I try in TMT5, they playback is fine, but only DTS, no DTS-HD on my AV receiver.

In XBMC I have set to WASAPI etc.

Incase it helps here is the log:

Code:
18:18:48 T:4800  NOTICE: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86020, channels: 8, sample rate: 192000, pass-through)
18:18:48 T:2968   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::Initialize: WASAPI initialization failed.
18:18:48 T:4988  NOTICE:  fps: 23.976024, pwidth: 1920, pheight: 1080, dwidth: 1920, dheight: 1080
18:18:49 T:4988 WARNING: CRenderManager::Configure - timeout waiting for previous frame
18:18:49 T:4988  NOTICE: Display resolution DESKTOP : 1920x1080 @ 60.00 - Full Screen (16)
18:18:49 T:4988  NOTICE: D3D: rendering method forced to DXVA2 processor
18:18:49 T:2968   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::Initialize: WASAPI initialization failed.
18:18:51 T:4884  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false

I'm at a loss if what to try next!
(2012-11-20, 20:36)mikegc Wrote: Hey,

I am having difficulty in getting bitsteaming to work, both in Frodo beat 1 and when I tried previously with AE.

The usual story in this thread, when I play a dts-hd etc file I get slow playback and no audio.

Specs: ASrock 75M, A6 3500 APU.

I have uninstalled realtech audio drivers, installed CCC (even fully un installed and installed).

If I try in TMT5, they playback is fine, but only DTS, no DTS-HD on my AV receiver.

In XBMC I have set to WASAPI etc.

Incase it helps here is the log:

Code:
18:18:48 T:4800  NOTICE: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86020, channels: 8, sample rate: 192000, pass-through)
18:18:48 T:2968   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::Initialize: WASAPI initialization failed.
18:18:48 T:4988  NOTICE:  fps: 23.976024, pwidth: 1920, pheight: 1080, dwidth: 1920, dheight: 1080
18:18:49 T:4988 WARNING: CRenderManager::Configure - timeout waiting for previous frame
18:18:49 T:4988  NOTICE: Display resolution DESKTOP : 1920x1080 @ 60.00 - Full Screen (16)
18:18:49 T:4988  NOTICE: D3D: rendering method forced to DXVA2 processor
18:18:49 T:2968   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::Initialize: WASAPI initialization failed.
18:18:51 T:4884  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false

I'm at a loss if what to try next!

Hi got same problem as you here but i can only see DTS and dolby digital in my setup (Encoded formats)
Wrong driver maybe ?

Sorry if my English is not quite right, it 's not my native language
Got latest OSMC running on Vero 4K+
(2012-11-20, 20:36)mikegc Wrote: If I try in TMT5, they playback is fine, but only DTS, no DTS-HD on my AV receiver.
What is your AVR? For TMT5, did you configure as below?

You can verify the audio file with this- MediaInfo

Hi Bluray,
My processor is IvyBridge (i3 3225). As suggested I uninstalled the Realtek driver first then tried using the AMD Driver detect to get the right software version but it did not find a compatible driver.
Can you advise?
Thanks
(2012-11-26, 19:21)Davidja Wrote: Hi Bluray,
My processor is IvyBridge (i3 3225). As suggested I uninstalled the Realtek driver first then tried using the AMD Driver detect to get the right software version but it did not find a compatible driver.
Can you advise?
Thanks
What is your discrete AMD GPU? You can manually download it from here "Graphics Drivers & Software" by selecting the correct options in step #1-4.....

THe Board comes with Intel HD GPU not AMD - Am I missing something?
(2012-11-26, 22:03)Davidja Wrote: THe Board comes with Intel HD GPU not AMD - Am I missing something?
You tried to update AMD driver in your earlier post. I thought that you have a discrete AMD GPU. If you are using Intel iGPU, you can update the latest Intel driver from here- Check your system for the latest updates .......

You can check out this thread for some tips on Intel configurations- Simplify XBMC configurations......

Sorry Im a little unclear here, I followed your instructions but could NOT download the AMD driver as there was not one for my board which is Intel based. Dont quite understand what a "discrete AMD GPU" is? I have the latest drivers according to the Intel test.
(2012-11-27, 01:10)Davidja Wrote: Sorry Im a little unclear here, I followed your instructions but could NOT download the AMD driver as there was not one for my board which is Intel based.
You must have missed my post #145. If you are using Intel iGPU, you need to update Intel driver instead. You can update it from here- Check your system for the latest updates

(2012-11-27, 01:10)Davidja Wrote: Dont quite understand what a "discrete AMD GPU" is? I have the latest drivers according to the Intel test.
Since your tried to update AMD driver in post #142, I thought that you have a discrete AMD GPU. A discrete AMd GPU is one of these- AMD graphic cards.....

No I don't. Sorry for confusion. So should I install the hd audio pack you refer to at the start of the thread only?
(2012-11-27, 22:30)Davidja Wrote: No I don't. Sorry for confusion. So should I install the hd audio pack you refer to at the start of the thread only?
Yes, the version in the first page work great on my HTPC....
Hi bluray,

Maybe you can help me with the following, I build my HTPC system with i3 3225 and ASRock H77m, I have installed windows 8 and using the Frodo Beta package (for HD audio), my receiver is capable of decoding both Dolby Tru-HD and DTS HD-MSTR, when I try to play a bluray mkv, the frame rate drops to very low and there is no sound, I used the link on first page to update intel drivers, but all it does it shows me what intel graphic card or system I have, does not provide me a link or auto download the latest drivers.

Do I have to manually find the drivers and load? if yes, then what driver you suggest for above system to enable bitstream?

Thanks
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC8