• 14(current)
Win HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
Hi Bluray

Bit stuck on getting the DTS-HD and Dolby-HD working.

I have bought a Intel NUC DC32171YE and it connected to a Onkyo TX-SR577
Windows 7 installed with all updates and XBMC Eden with the HD pack

DTS and Dolby digital work fine but HD does not.

The one problem i can see is it I look at the Sound playback in windows 7 with the TX-SR577 properties it is not coming up with supported formats of DTS-HD or DOLBY-HD.
Am i missing something?

Thanks
Have you installed the Intel Management Engine Interface driver? See http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb...ine+driver for how to check
(2013-01-08, 13:25)jjd-uk Wrote: Have you installed the Intel Management Engine Interface driver? See http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb...ine+driver for how to check

Hi

Yes I have installed Intel ME8 Managment Engine. I might also put the latest Intel HD graphics and do a Bios update. Otherwise I am at a loss.
Hello All, first time poster. Blush

I am having no luck getting HD audio flowing. I’m running a Zotac H77ITX-A-E Mini-ITX MB with an Intel i7-3770s quad core processor on Win8 Pro. I’ve deleted all traces of Realtek. When I go to the "Automatically identify and find drivers for Intel iGPU" link in the first post of this thread I get “This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>” The only audio driver that Zotac lists on their download page for my board is Realtek.... I would appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks, Steve.
(2013-01-18, 17:08)SteveInNC Wrote: Hello All, first time poster. Blush

I am having no luck getting HD audio flowing. I’m running a Zotac H77ITX-A-E Mini-ITX MB with an Intel i7-3770s quad core processor on Win8 Pro. I’ve deleted all traces of Realtek. When I go to the "Automatically identify and find drivers for Intel iGPU" link in the first post of this thread I get “This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>” The only audio driver that Zotac lists on their download page for my board is Realtek.... I would appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks, Steve.
You can manually download the latest Intel driver from here- Download Center....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2013-01-18, 19:49)bluray Wrote:
(2013-01-18, 17:08)SteveInNC Wrote: Hello All, first time poster. Blush

You can manually download the latest Intel driver from here- Download Center....

Thanks! Somehow I never made it to that page. Worked like a charm.
I want to try bitstreaming on eden 11 however i dont want to lose all my addon's and settings, anyway to do this without uninstalling my current xbmc setup ?
(2013-01-22, 03:21)Ryan00 Wrote: I want to try bitstreaming on eden 11 however i dont want to lose all my addon's and settings, anyway to do this without uninstalling my current xbmc setup ?
You can save the the entire XBMC folder in roaming and install HD audio version over it......or create a restore point.....

hi, hopefully i don't get beaten too badly for posting this here, i'm running frodo final on my windows 7 box and it works great for the hd audio.

what i am looking to do though is setup smart playlist(s) for HD audio movies. Can anybody tell me how xbmc recognises hd-audio in a movie (i'm talking about the media flags in file lists) and whether i can use that somehow to generate a smart playlist.

I'm guessing it has something to do with audio codec option in smart playlist but i don't know what value to put in there.

i've tried dts-ma, dts-hdma, dts-hd master audio, a_dts (got that from media info) and ma / core, all to no avail.
Hardware:
2011 Mac Mini - Windows 7 Pro 64bit Via Bootcamp

Receiver
Onkyo - 607

w/ XBMC Frodo i've gotten DD, DTS, DTS-HD to work just fine.

One odd thing and I'm not sure why it does this, but some MKV's i play, the receiver says that it's Dolby Digital AND DTS and
both icons light up. The sound plays fine, and i can hear different sounds coming out of certain channels so I know it's working
but it's odd that it does that. Not all movies do this, but some have this effect on the receiver.

Also blu-ray ISO's play fine and don't seem to have this issue. I'm extrememly happy though that bitstreaming is working fine
as i was worried it wouldn't. It's a shame it doesn't work in MAC OS, as i feel the performance is better and i have to reset my htpc less.

I tried linux but i had major issues with performance and XBMC crashing all the time.
Getting frustrated trying to get HD bitstream to work. MKV's with dolby-HD or DTS-MA are jittery displaying about 4fps.
I've tracked my problem down to the HDMI output not supporting HD audio, it lists DTS Audio, DD Plus , and DD, but no HD formats.
Its a Mcrosoft driver, which I understand could be the problem. My hardware is

Asus P8H77-M
Intel i5-3450 with iGPU 2500.
Windows 8,
My connection is HDMI -> Denon 3313 - > Sharp Aquos.

I have installed the latest Intel Graphic drivers, and Intel Management Engine interface drivers. But the Device Manager->HTPC->Audio I/O still shows as a Microsoft driver.

I've tried all the recommendations in this thread, but no avail. Any suggestions, maybe I have an EDID issue? Help!
Did you select Exclusive Mode as shown below? If that doesn't work, you might want to recheck HDMI input selection in Denon again. You can try another HDMI cable and input port on AVR too.....

Have you try the latest Frodo 12.0? You can find Frodo configurations in this thread- Simplify XBMC configurations......

Thanks for the tip. Yes I clicked "exclusive mode" and I am running Frodo 12. I'l try another cable and AVR port, but music, dvd, and non HD audio MKV's all work fine. Am I correct in understanding that until I can get the "Output Properties" window to show supported format as HD audio (DTS-MA, DolbyHD) that XBMC can't output HD audio? Does anyone know where the supported format info is coming from. Is it the result of an EDID scan, or is it based on installed codec? I'm only using HDMI audio, so am I right in assuming that this setup is part of the Intel GPU driver and nothing to do with audio drivers (realtek).

Thanks
For HTPC to bitstream HD audio codec to AVR for decoding, HTPC, AVR and software have to support it. It have to see DTS-HD/TrueHD as support formats in Windows control panel for it to work. If your AVR have CEC option turned on, you might want to turn it off for now. For CEC to work correctly, your HDTV, AVR and HDMI have to support ARC function. I have two network Onkyo receivers and two LEDTV's that supports CEC. The option works great on my home theater system.....
panel and XBMC audio output?
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC8