Linux Keyboard.xml changes not reflecting
Ive edited in the keyboard.xml removing the <z>function</z> from the full screen video section in attempt to unbind the cycle of display method. But I still seem to be able to use the key.

I've edited the keyboard.xml file in the ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml
As well as in ~/.xbmc/userdata/profiles/user/keymaps/keyboard.xml

Any ideas?
Make sure you didn't accidentally cause an XML syntax error by opening the XML file in Firefox.
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
Definately start with syntax. I would recommend using notepad++ for a free solution. It works very well and will help you avoid syntax errors. It's much better than something like notepad.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
(2012-04-11, 03:47)Okt00 Wrote: Ive edited in the keyboard.xml removing the <z>function</z> from the full screen video section in attempt to unbind the cycle of display method. But I still seem to be able to use the key.

I've edited the keyboard.xml file in the ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml
As well as in ~/.xbmc/userdata/profiles/user/keymaps/keyboard.xml

Any ideas?
From the wiki,
Quote:Keymaps defined in user folders add to or override mappings in the global keymap.
So if you still have the system-wide file in /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/ that has a function defined for "z" key it will still be valid (since you only deleted it from your local, not reassigned it).
I've found this tool to be absolutely key in testing to make sure I have no syntax errors after editing my keyboard.xml ... You need to run it in windows, but I always do all my edits via my desktop (as I have my XBMC drive shared over the network).. Perhaps it'll help make it easier to test with.

http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/

Download and run KeyMapEdit20, open your keyboard.xml file and it'll tell you if there are any syntax errors right away.
XBMCbuntu {Frodo} - Ubuntu 12.04 (Main):
Intel Q6600 [2.4GHz Quad Core], 4GB DDR3, nVidia GT-210, Antec Fusion Case (iMon LCD), PS3 BD Remote

XBMC Live {Frodo} - Ubuntu 10.04 (Bedroom): Intel Atom D510 [1.66GHz Dual Core], ION Graphics, 2GB DDR2, PS3 BD Remote
XML Copy Editor works well if your using Ubuntu its in the repository.
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard.xml changes not reflecting0