Win No video when played over the network
Hey all,

I have an HTPC that contains all of my TV and movies hooked up to a gigabit network. I'm trying to play the videos on my PC in a separate room, but I'm not getting any display. The source is fine because I see all the folders and shows, and the audio is fine because I can hear everything; even the subtitles are appearing. It's just that the screen in completely black. Both my HTPC and PC have Windows 7 installed.

I haven't upgraded to Eden yet on the PC that I'm playing the video, so I will try that tonight when I get off work, but is there anything else I can look at just in case this happens in Eden as well?

Thanks.
Check your GPU drivers and XBMC video output settings.

Do local videos play fine?
I tried playing a local video and still no picture. Only the audio plays. What's really odd is when I play the video it's just a black screen, but when I hit the ESC button and the menus pop up, the video starts playing just fine (along with the audio). As soon as I hide the menus, the screen goes black again. This happens when I view YouTube videos in XBMC as well.

My computer says I have the latest drivers installed. But, I went to ATI's website anyway to get what I thought were the correct drivers for my ATI Radeon HD 5770, apparently it wasn't as my screen went black and my computer restarted :/ So I rolled back the drivers and back to what I originally installed. So, I believe I have the latest drivers.

What XBMC video settings should I be looking at?
You can try different settings in the settings\video\playback and see if anything makes a difference. Probably start with turning DXVA2 off or on. Also, try turning off "adjust display refresh rate to match video" if it is on.
(2012-04-13, 04:55)kleptican Wrote: My computer says I have the latest drivers installed. But, I went to ATI's website anyway to get what I thought were the correct drivers for my ATI Radeon HD 5770, apparently it wasn't as my screen went black and my computer restarted :/ So I rolled back the drivers and back to what I originally installed. So, I believe I have the latest drivers.

If it is the latest AMD driver, you should be able to see 12.3rev in AMD CCC information....did you installed it from here- AMD Catalystâ„¢ Display Driver?

(2012-04-13, 04:55)kleptican Wrote: What XBMC video settings should I be looking at?
Did you try to select Display Mode as Fullscreen #1 in XBMC settings/system/video output? You can select the same resolution as what you selected in Windows screen resolution, and you can check "Use full windows rather than true fullscreen" in settings/system/video output....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look this over when I get off work.

bluray - I'm fairly certain that was the driver I downloaded the other day where my computer screen went black and I had to restart and reinstall the drivers from my cd.
I turned off hardware acceleration and it played the local movie just fine; no issues. I tried playing a video over the network and XBMC hung and just said "Working" in the lower right. Are there any specific network settings that I should fiddle around with to optimize videos being streamed over the network?

Thanks again.
Not really. You just need a solid network connection.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video when played over the network0