Export from Collectorz to KODI
Hallo there,

I've started using Kodi a while ago and created a kind of small C# program to get the media-information I've stored in Collectorz MovieCollector to Kodi.
As both programmes seemed to quite popular I am curious, if someone else might find it usefull and is willing to develop it to a bit more generelized programm. So far I've implemented the following features:

1. Reading the XML-Export and seperating the content in movies (with sets if present), series and episodes. This is managed by user defined fields.
2. Transforming the content to nfo-files for movies, series and episodes (contraining all information needed to get all field populated that are shown in the skins Confluence or Transparency!)
3. As these file are stored on two NAS-devices the programm is generating a bash-shell-skript thats is used by a cron-task to get the newly exported content automated into a (linked) network share that's used by Kodi as media source.

This far it's been the basic stuff. Additions had been so far the following:

4. As I have some series with different media-files for different languages a switch is implemented the can dupicate the entry in Movie-Collector to generate two or more entries in Kodi for each language.
5. Each episode of a series can be assigned to an induviduall Season, MPAA Rating, Rating, Video-Codec, Audio-Codec, ...
6. Subtitles in seperate srt-files can be assigned to a video (movie so far, episodes are about to come)
7. Cover and backdrops for seasons or extrafanart/extrathumbs as used in Transperancy!

If someone is interested in, I've created a GIT-repositiory for it. The source code can be downloaded from my Strato.de account, if nesseccery I can provide some more detailed information how to get it from there:

URL: [email protected]:public/CollectorzGIT/CollectorzGIT.git
Password: aNVgQyczXnBtB9MyloIJ

For sharing it effectively the following features might be important:
1. Configuring to the servernames and folders used and maybe some other stuff that should be seperated into some config file
2. Kind of deployment skript use to create linked files on Windows, at the time it's working on QNAP-NAS thats using a unix-bash-shell.

At the moment I've been testing Sandcastle to create an helpfile for this project, it will be also kind of for myself to remember all these features and how to use them in MovieCollector Rofl.

Holger

PS: I've checked different sub-forums, to find the right place for this post. If there's a different forums for this purpose ......

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Export from Collectorz to KODI0