Can't Scrap Fate Zero
Hi All,

I am unable to scrap Fate Zero from tvdb. Looking for suggestions (tvdb search fate zero works, same search in XBMC fails)
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=79151&lid=7
A Debug Log will show you why.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This is API search for Fate/Zero:

http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php...ate%20Zero

From the result is clear that this isn't problem of XBMC but site itself.
Basically TheTVDB.com returns different results for API search and WebPage search for some series. Fate/Zero is one of them.
Do a manual lookup for "Night" will allow it to be hit. My guess is the slash screws things up, as both "Fate" and "Night" don't give the required entry in the results.

It would be worth highlighting the issue over at thetvdb.com forums in case they're not aware of it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the input. I couldn't even get a hit searching Fate Stay Night which I thought was weird. I'll give it a try, reported it over at thetvdb forum
Jam it in
Here is there response:

This one is easy enough. The API returns the actual titles of an entry, while the onsite search returns aliases as well as entry titles. Aliases were a bit of a late addition to the site and as such aren't API searchable. This will be fixed on the new site which is currently being made and has no estimated release date. No further non-security related changes will be made to the current site.
Bug 
[RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
fate/zero are specials so must be season 0

Fate.Stay.Night.S00E01.tittle.extension
etc...

Fate/Stay Night is the series name though.

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...6596&lid=7

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=79151&lid=7

uNi
No, Fate/Zero is not a special. Fate/Zero is a prequel series.

The simple fact is that TMDB is rubbish for anime as it is now. The very nature of dealing with translated works/titles pretty much requires things like aliases. They also often screw up the "seasons". There's sometimes a fine line between what is a season and what is a series on it's own, and the only way to reliably handle it is to do what the Japanese do: treat each one as a series on it's own. Last I looked it was a strange mix, where sometimes they followed one convention and other times another. Sometimes the series are not actually connected in the story (such as reboots/alternative versions) and are listed as seasons. The per episode data is often great, but it's a nuts to actually try and use TMDB's naming conventions/season conventions.

It's no one's fault, really. It's just a situation that demands a technical solution that they are unable to provide. If one isn't adding a lot of data at once then it's fairly easy to just pull in what TMDB has and correct it as you go.

EDIT: and it seems they consider Fate/Zero to be Fate/Stay Night, Season 3. That's like saying that Star Wars episode 1 is actually episode 7 simply because one was made after the other.
[offtopic]Well it doesn't help to have a open database that solely based on user contributions and then lock those same season/series to prevent users from editing and correcting stuff....
Bad practice for a opendb or is it just me?

Its not a moan or rant but rather an observation without any inflexion or particular feelings about it.[/offtopic]
I understand that you can manualy set the name, i shud have wrote that in my question sorry.

The trouble is when we are using aniDB Omatic with the file names.
http://wiki.anidb.info/w/AniDB_O%27Matic
Renamer settings:: %a - EP%ep - %e %G%CRC[AniDB] (I added EP.)

Fate/Stay Night is named:
Fate Stay Night - EP01 - The Day It Began [Coalgirls](06DBFF51)[aniDB].mkv

Fate Zero - EP01 - Summoning of the Heroes [UTW](50256238)[AniDB].mkv

Even if we get the Alias fix. We will still have a BIG community that are naming the files after Alias and not seasons.

EP is not supported naming convention.

You need to name them

Fate Stay Night - E01 - The Day It Began.mkv

Fate Zero - E01 - Summoning of the Heroes.mkv

and if you add season needs to be

Seriesname.1x01.tittle.extension
Seriesname.s01e01.tittle.extension

Somewhere along those lines.

idk what [UTW](50256238)[AniDB] or [Coalgirls](06DBFF51)[aniDB] is but its also not doing anything in XBMC.

uNi
That's easy enough to adjust in advancedsettings.xml, though it does seem odd to use "ep" and not "e", since other standard naming conventions for release groups use sXXeXX and not seXXepXX.
Actually, "ep01" is supported natively, without having to add it to your advancedsettings.xml. It's about the only true "seasonless" numbering system that is supported (aside from the roman numerals-style "Part IV")

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't Scrap Fate Zero1