Linux XBMCBuntu and Advanced Launcher
Hello all,

Ive been away from the forums for quite a while, but I noticed the new "Eden" launch of XBMC and immediately gobbled it up. I am trying to get emulators (i.e. ZSNES) to work with the Advanced Launcher. I copied over my ZSNES folder containing the .exe and Roms folder via WINScp. I went into my XBMC Advanced Launcher and tried to get it to Launch ZSNES. All I get is a flicker to black screen for less than a half of second and then back to XBMC. I have NO IDEA how to get this to work, I tried forever on Dharma, and could never figure it out, so I am sure its me and my absolute lack of ANY knowledge of Linux.

I am running the XBMCBuntu (XBMCLive) Eden. Just XBMC, not the version that goes back and forth to the XBMC desktop.

I am running it on a Zotac Ion 330.

Is their a way to do it that I (Obviously) am not aware of? Do I have XBMCBuntu set up wrong in order to get it to play a .exe? I am so new and so lost, I hope a skilled XBMCLive guy reads this and helps out. Please and thanks a million to any and all help.

.exe files are windows/dos programs and XBMCbuntu is Linux. You have to install and run the linux version of ZSNES.
There are several tutorials on this on the forum and the web so just search it.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129256

I stumbled upon this thread a few days ago, I was able to get everything working just fine. Also, to get into Linux running behind your xbmc, go to where you'd shutdown, but instead choose exit, that will bring you to a login screen, and choose to login to xbmcbuntu (instead of xbmc). Hope this helps.
Don't you mean it will let you log into the LXDE desktop environment.
doing a control+alt+f1 will get you to a command prompt also,
and from there you should be able to login if you prefer the terminal.
pressing control+alt+f7 should get you back to xbmc.

(2012-04-22, 07:53)zafiros bonitos Wrote: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129256

I stumbled upon this thread a few days ago, I was able to get everything working just fine. Also, to get into Linux running behind your xbmc, go to where you'd shutdown, but instead choose exit, that will bring you to a login screen, and choose to login to xbmcbuntu (instead of xbmc). Hope this helps.

In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

(2012-04-22, 08:03)wilson.joe Wrote: Don't you mean it will let you log into the LXDE desktop environment.
doing a control+alt+f1 will get you to a command prompt also,
and from there you should be able to login if you prefer the terminal.
pressing control+alt+f7 should get you back to xbmc.

Thanks, I wasn't sure how to articulate what I wanted to say. Also, I had completely forgotten about using ctrl+alt to get to the terminal

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBuntu and Advanced Launcher0