Amd A6 3500 or Intel i3-2100 for full playback experience?
My requirement is
* wants to Bistream HD-Audio
* wants to play 3D 1080P movies

i can confirm that a6 can bitstream both hd audio. since i dont have 3d tv/bluray drive, i cant confirm whether a6 can playback 3d. i dont experience glaring 2d playback issue with a6. maybe there are, but havent noticed any.

Can i3-2100 playback 3d bluray and bitstream hd audio? flawlessly? any glaring issue that i should note of.

the reason im considering i3-2100 is total cost of ownership is cheaper than a6 in my country. i3-2100 with dh67cf is cheaper than any combination of a6 3500.

I know theres guide from eskro, but it hasnt been updated. plus, due to the complexity nature of hd media playback, i trust people who have hands on than on paper spec.
It should be fine, but for the same price I would look at the 2105 or the 2125 for the HD3000 graphics.
i'd go for A6-3500 all the way
If image quality is a concern for you... AMD, definitely. Intel's video is a crap, for many reasons.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
They both will do it but the AMD has better graphics were the i3 has a stronger cpu. So for HD playback the AMD is the choice even at a higher cost
Hi Eskro

I have just purchased an i3 2105 for my HTPC build, and I am due to order the remaining parts later today. However while continuously reading the forums I am now concerned that the AMD is a better choice than the Intel i3. Is this truly the case? What are the reasons for this so I can either return the i3 and purchase the AMD or proceed with the i3.

Thanks
z@n1c
(2012-04-14, 14:45)zanic Wrote: Hi Eskro

I have just purchased an i3 2105 for my HTPC build, and I am due to order the remaining parts later today. However while continuously reading the forums I am now concerned that the AMD is a better choice than the Intel i3. Is this truly the case? What are the reasons for this so I can either return the i3 and purchase the AMD or proceed with the i3.

Thanks
z@n1c
AMD have better iGPU, but Intel have better CPU. Your Intel i3-2105 is one of my favorite low power Intel all-in-one CPU, because it quipped with a better HD3000 iGPU. You should be able to playback everything with HD3000.....you'll enjoy it!

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
thats sorted that then! I will now move forward with the rest of the build, and update my post accordingly. The most difficult item it seems is the case. There are so many choices!!! :-)
(2012-04-14, 18:37)zanic Wrote: The most difficult item it seems is the case. There are so many choices!!! :-)
Case is very subjective....and it is all about individual choice......this Apex MI-100 should work!

Yes, I did look at the Apex cases, as there is a lot of talk regarding these on the forums. However I cannot seem to find UK retailers..?
(2012-04-14, 19:34)zanic Wrote: Yes, I did look at the Apex cases, as there is a lot of talk regarding these on the forums. However I cannot seem to find UK retailers..?
These cases in this list "Mini ITX Cases" should work......

(2012-03-15, 00:12)eskro Wrote: i'd go for A6-3500 all the way

I own it.... so yes it's very good. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amd A6 3500 or Intel i3-2100 for full playback experience?0