[UBUNTU 10.10] Advanced Launcher: pSX emulator chrashes on launch
I'm trying to set up the pSX 1.13 to run from within xbmc. I have put in the arguments as stated from this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134450 but it doesn't work. I've tried both states
1) From XBMC session
2) From Desktop session with startup application command.

It runs perfectly from GNOME session

Have tried all settings from the emulator, none works.

* I noticed from the desktop session, that pSX disables my sound while running.

Thanks in advance. Smile
HTPC Streacom FC8 Evo, BIOSTAR Hi-Fi 3D Motherboard, Intel Core i5 4670T 2.3 GHz, 4GB Kingston HyperX, 500GB 7200 HDD, Streacom IRRC Remote
TV Sony Bravia 32" Full HD
(2012-07-10, 12:43)doestergaard Wrote: I'm trying to set up the pSX 1.13 to run from within xbmc. I have put in the arguments as stated from this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134450 but it doesn't work. I've tried both states
1) From XBMC session
2) From Desktop session with startup application command.

It runs perfectly from GNOME session

Have tried all settings from the emulator, none works.
What is not working exactly? Cannot select iso? Cannot start pSX? Cannot start pSX with iso? pSX start but not launch iso? Could you please be more explicit?

Sry, sure. Games are opening fine, but here's what i have noticed:

pSX doesn't have any sound while running from XBMC, also very slow graphics. pSX also disables pulseaudio while running, maybe that is causing the problem. The emulator crashes if sound device is set to default in emulator settings. Set it to analog or digital (from sound card) makes the emulator run from within xbmc.

About fullscreen:

If i run xbmc from desktop session, it toggles fullscreen perfectly, but run it from xbmc session, its only half (one half emulator screen, other half wallpaper is visible).

I hope this is more specific information, otherwise I can provide you the debug log, but I don't know where to find it in Ubuntu.

Thanks again!
HTPC Streacom FC8 Evo, BIOSTAR Hi-Fi 3D Motherboard, Intel Core i5 4670T 2.3 GHz, 4GB Kingston HyperX, 500GB 7200 HDD, Streacom IRRC Remote
(2012-07-11, 13:02)doestergaard Wrote: pSX doesn't have any sound while running from XBMC, also very slow graphics. pSX also disables pulseaudio while running, maybe that is causing the problem. The emulator crashes if sound device is set to default in emulator settings. Set it to analog or digital (from sound card) makes the emulator run from within xbmc.

Seems that on your system pSX and XBMC have difficulties to run at the same time. Try to use external script to suspend or close XBMC before starting pSX. It always give positive effect.

(2012-07-11, 13:02)doestergaard Wrote: About fullscreen:

If i run xbmc from desktop session, it toggles fullscreen perfectly, but run it from xbmc session, its only half (one half emulator screen, other half wallpaper is visible).
External applications (like emulators) that require to use common resources with XBMC (video, audio, controles, etc...) are not supposed to be started for the XBMC session. Under XBMC session, all the system resources are used an control by XBMC. Always use desktop session to start external application. It will surely fix your previous problem.

I found out to get it work completely!

You'll need to remove pulseaudio or force xbmc to use alsa - deactivate vsync and set the sound settings in the emulator to default.

If you want, I can write a HOW-TO guide for the Advanced Launcher wiki?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[UBUNTU 10.10] Advanced Launcher: pSX emulator chrashes on launch0