• 11(current)
New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON)
(2014-09-06, 23:24)erichter Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 15:26)c4newb Wrote: having same issues as jbmedia. Driver is flawless in menus but once a movie starts it all goes haywire. clicking right or left after bringing up the OSD will step forward and backward rather than moving through the menu controls

Any update on this? The default behavior once bringing up the OSD when using the arrow keys is to move through the OSD, not stepping through the movies. I don't really have the expertise to edit the driver itself to fix. Any thoughts?

+1
Ok, so I have a question... I have Kodi/XBMC Gotham up and running but the Frodo version doesn't connect. The Gotham one looks like it was deleted and doesn't have any new versions. Help?

The driver from Chowmain/Houselogix works, but I don't want to have to pay for a driver if I don't have to. Is there anything I can do to get this free driver up and running?

Thanks!
(2014-12-18, 22:17)DCYeahThatsMe Wrote: Ok, so I have a question... I have Kodi/XBMC Gotham up and running but the Frodo version doesn't connect. The Gotham one looks like it was deleted and doesn't have any new versions. Help?

The driver from Chowmain/Houselogix works, but I don't want to have to pay for a driver if I don't have to. Is there anything I can do to get this free driver up and running?

Thanks!

This driver is working great for me. Worked with Gotham and still works since I've updated to Helix. When you say it "doesn't connect", what do you mean? Did you specify the ip address after you added the driver? Through the Connections->Network Tab->Identify button.
Does this control only Kodi or will it send commands to the windows machine that Kodi is running on? I'm pretty sure it's just talking to Kodi through tcp/ip but hoping to get someone to confirm that.
I read through this thread in its entirety and the git repo and realize that this sends commands directly to Kodi through the network. I was trying to get this working on Kodi running on Win 8.1 and didn't have any luck getting it to control Kodi. Running Composer on a HC250 with 2.6.

I'm going to try it against a different Kodi install and see if that works for me to see if it's something on that particular box.
Aaaaaaahhhhhh I finally figured out what was going on with this. I attempted this with the install I wanted it to work with as mentioned above and then I setup OpenElec on a RasPi I had and neither would work. Forked the driver and messed around with it for while today. I finally turned off all of the services Webserver / Remote Control / Zeroconf / Airplay and turned them on in different orders. I could get Kodi to throw an error about Remote Control couldn't start. So then I worked on why it was throwing the error.

Turns out that the Webserver Port is NOT the same port as the one rpc is using. So I changed the webserver port to 8080 and turned remote control back off and on and it didn't throw the error. So the root of this was that the webserver was running on the same port that remote control was trying to use.

I'm so freaking happy to have this working!!!! Thanks a million for sharing this driver.
Nevermind: I re-read the thread and posts #7 and #8 caught my attention.

I downloaded by going to https://github.com/RDX/Drivers and then choose "Download ZIP" and used the driver from there. Note that driver is like 45 kb for the Frodo version whereas if you right click and download from the 'other page' it is 410 kb.

I don't know why.. I must not know how to use github.

Will report if further problems Wink Thanks!

------------------------------------------------- OLD POST -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Composer 2.7.2

Trying to figure out this error, the driver won't load.

I get the same error with both the Eden and Frodo drivers.

Code:
2015-10-11 16:29:11,676 [7   ] WARN  Control4.Client.ConfigDataManager - Cannot load C:\Users\kevin\Documents\Control4\Drivers\XBMC-JSON-FRODO.c4i.crdownload.
2015-10-11 16:29:11,719 [7   ] ERROR Control4.Client.ConfigInfo - Error opening C:\Users\kevin\Documents\Control4\Drivers\XBMC-JSON-FRODO.c4i
System.Xml.XmlException: '>' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '='. Line 33, position 71.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowUnexpectedToken(String expectedToken1, String expectedToken2)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r)
   at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r, LoadOptions o)
   at System.Xml.Linq.XElement.ReadElementFrom(XmlReader r, LoadOptions o)
   at System.Xml.Linq.XElement.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
   at System.Xml.Linq.XElement.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
   at Control4.Client.ConfigInfo.FromXml(String file, Stream stream)
2015-10-11 16:29:11,719 [7   ] WARN  Control4.Client.ConfigDataManager - Cannot load C:\Users\kevin\Documents\Control4\Drivers\XBMC-JSON-FRODO.c4i.
Hi there.

I edited the original driver a bit , basically changed all XBMC reference to KODI , updated the version to 4, removed the C4 ID line ,changed the behavior in playback.
and updated the Help text to match the commands changed.
I am not really sure why in Player mode the control4 cannot send the default "select" json command but used a workaround so in Play mode you use the "INFO" Control4 Button to get the OSD MENU of Kodi and you then use the normal arrow keys as in other modes. in this case the arrow keys do not forward and backward the playback as in the original driver.
but you can use Page Up and Page Down in Control4 for a 10min leap or back same as the up and Down arrow keys.

These drivers were tested on both Control4 Version 2.5.3 and also 2.8 with OPENELC VER 5.9.5 running on a Intel NUC5CPYH PC

I also attached to original Control4 IR MCE drivers that also works very well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/52yd9jbvsr2olx...n.zip?dl=0

Enjoy!
Arie Rotman
(2015-11-08, 08:10)arotman Wrote: Hi there.

I edited the original driver a bit ...
I also attached to original Control4 IR MCE drivers that also works very well.

Awesome, I'm gonna try this out.

Thanks!
(2015-11-08, 08:10)arotman Wrote: Hi there.

I edited the original driver a bit , basically changed all XBMC reference to KODI , updated the version to 4, removed the C4 ID line ,changed the behavior in playback.
and updated...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/52yd9jbvsr2olx...n.zip?dl=0

Enjoy!
Arie Rotman
All i can say is THANK YOU! This is working flawlessly on V2.8.
This is the best thing since sliced bread! hahaha. Its been my biggest let down on the control4 and has just completed the experience for me! Smile
Gotta love this community!
Cheers,
Jared
(2014-11-13, 05:03)altcool Wrote:
(2014-09-06, 23:24)erichter Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 15:26)c4newb Wrote: having same issues as jbmedia. Driver is flawless in menus but once a movie starts it all goes haywire. clicking right or left after bringing up the OSD will step forward and backward rather than moving through the menu controls

Any update on this? The default behavior once bringing up the OSD when using the arrow keys is to move through the OSD, not stepping through the movies. I don't really have the expertise to edit the driver itself to fix. Any thoughts?

+1

I've rewritten the driver to use EventServer instead of JSONRPC. This is an advantage in that all behavior is more like that of an actual remote control button press(i.e. uses the actual keymap). This means:
-OSD behavior mentioned above is fixed.
-Additive seeking skip steps will now work. So instead of jumping ahead 30 second when you press right, it goes 10 sec, 30 sec, 60 sec, 3 min, 5 min, 10 min, 30 min.
-The remote control will now work on the login screen.
-Probably some other cool stuff. :-)

http://ul.to/80nmgrrh
Thanks for updating this, I have loaded it into my control4 system. One question, or request, is it possible to make it so that when you are browsing your movie/tv area, and you hold down a button on the remote, it continually scrolls, it is kinda annoying to have to rapidly push the arrow buttons to scroll around. It used to work this way a few years ago, but somewhere along the way it changed. Any ideas?

(2016-02-01, 18:28)RetardedGoat Wrote: I've rewritten the driver to use EventServer instead of JSONRPC. This is an advantage in that all behavior is more like that of an actual remote control button press(i.e. uses the actual keymap). This means:
-OSD behavior mentioned above is fixed.
-Additive seeking skip steps will now work. So instead of jumping ahead 30 second when you press right, it goes 10 sec, 30 sec, 60 sec, 3 min, 5 min, 10 min, 30 min.
-The remote control will now work on the login screen.
-Probably some other cool stuff. :-)

http://ul.to/80nmgrrh
(2016-03-03, 05:15)robinsj Wrote: Thanks for updating this, I have loaded it into my control4 system. One question, or request, is it possible to make it so that when you are browsing your movie/tv area, and you hold down a button on the remote, it continually scrolls, it is kinda annoying to have to rapidly push the arrow buttons to scroll around. It used to work this way a few years ago, but somewhere along the way it changed. Any ideas?

I'll look into it and get back to you. Though I'm hesitant to say it's possible. All I get from control4's media_player proxy is a message that the 'Down' button was pressed. It doesn't tell me if it's being held down. The driver works documentation is pretty spares. But I'll dig around and see what I can find. :-)
I am successfully using the EventServer driver on Composer 1.7.4 with a Amazon Fire TV! The only issue I've been having is the skip forward command doesn't seem to work at all. Just FYI... Great work on the Driver!!
(2016-03-05, 20:26)RetardedGoat Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 05:15)robinsj Wrote: Thanks for updating this, I have loaded it into my control4 system. One question, or request, is it possible to make it so that when you are browsing your movie/tv area, and you hold down a button on the remote, it continually scrolls, it is kinda annoying to have to rapidly push the arrow buttons to scroll around. It used to work this way a few years ago, but somewhere along the way it changed. Any ideas?

I'll look into it and get back to you. Though I'm hesitant to say it's possible. All I get from control4's media_player proxy is a message that the 'Down' button was pressed. It doesn't tell me if it's being held down. The driver works documentation is pretty spares. But I'll dig around and see what I can find. :-)

Hey,

Great driver, I have only just started looking at the code for this, and the code for creating drivers for control 4 in general, but I have a suggestion.
Since the TV and Surround Receiver Proxies have specific commands for noticing when the remote is starting to press a button and when it has released, would it be possible to use one of these proxies to access this feature.
The way I currenty see it working is piggy backing off the same way that it uses to send the volume command over and over. I havent found any reference to that in the programming as you have said, but there must be a way to pass it through. For example the driver for the RX-A720 [IP] Driver for a yamaha amplifier uses IP and can send volume up with a button hold as well as a button press, I will attempt to look further at this code today, for hints, but at the moment im definitely not the best person to implement it.

Thanks for everyone's work so far on this driver by the way. Its almost perfect Smile

By the way, does anyone know of a driver that could send commands just to the computer (or eventghost, etc), so I could use this to start Kodi in the first place (and other apps)?
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON)3