XBMCBuntu Playback probs...HELP :)
Sad 
Hi all,
I have installed XBMCbuntu on a gigabyte e350n setup, 60gb flash drive and all is working very well - apart from video playback that is. No problems with HDMI audio but I am getting what looks like picture refresh problems, I'd call them jagged straight lines on action scenes/fast moving frames. It's deeply frustrating as I've a huge collection I'd like to play back, but it can be very distracting.

If we crack this, our media center will be awesome but I've tried the basic stuff, including putting the new ATI catalyst drivers on, twiddling with interlace, post processing etc, to no avail.

Desperate...need help....so many thanks in advance and thank you for reading my post.
What you describe is generally referred to as "tearing". Does XBMC properly switch the display to match the refresh rate of the content? Most content I have is 24 fps (and the TV reports the switch to 1920x1080@24). Under Settings > System > Video Output, make sure "Vertical Blank Sync" is set to "Enabled During Video Playback". Also list your settings for Settings > Video Settings > Playback.
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
Hi Plaguester thanks for the tips. I looked for the Vertical Blank Sync and it was set to Let Driver Choose - changed it to what you suggest and VOILA -perfe

VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. THANK YOU.

B
OK only a minor thing but noticing that whilst the tearing has gone, I am getting rather odd graphics down the right side of the picture. Picture still perfect (thanks again) but any clues? Only happens on some videos.
If the video was captured on a signal that expects the TV's overscan to be on, it may have a bit of fuzz along the edges.
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
(2012-04-14, 01:02)Plaguester Wrote: If the video was captured on a signal that expects the TV's overscan to be on, it may have a bit of fuzz along the edges.

and In this case you can just zoom in the video just a little bit, so this fuzz is outside of the viewable window. XBMC will automatically save this adjustment for this video.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBuntu Playback probs...HELP :)0