Running a Script from a Menu
I have a script File I'm using to start up Windows Media Center (when needed - only so my wife can watch recorded soaps) - and it runs great if I goto the File Manager and select it. However - to make this easy for my wife - I want to add it to the Main Menu. I created a Favorite for this item - but selecting it from the Favorites menu doesn't work - nothing happens when I click on that item - same result when that Favorites item is added to the Main Menu (in AEON NOX).

I did some reading and tried changing the lingo/syntax in the Favorites file to "RunScript" - but that didn't work either. Also tried adding <onclick> </onclick> to the favorites.xml file - no luck.

Is there an easy way to execute a script by selecting an item/button from the Main Menu? I'm guessing at this point I'd need to edit a file in the SKIN folder - but not sure what to look for as far as where to insert it or replace some other potentially customizable option...and not sure what the syntac should be...likely something with <onclick> and RunScript in it?

I'm using AEON NOX as my skin if that helps. Not sure what forum this s/b posted in though?

Thanks for any tips/pointers/info.
Resolved this issue with the assistance of phil65 over in the Aeon.Nox Skin area...the fix is here if this helps anyone out:

Aeno.Nox fix for running script form Main Menu (requires v 3.0 of skin)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Running a Script from a Menu0