Broken Favorite - How to fix?
I am having a problem with a Favorite, and at first I wasn't sure whether it is an XBMC issue or a skin (Aeon MQ3) issue. I have since replicated the problem on 3 different skins, so I am thinking it is a XBMC issue.

I basically have two sources, both on external USB hard drives. They are:

Kids: located at K:\Kids
Movies: located at M:\Movies and K:\Movies

No matter which skin I use (that allows me to create a custom menu item, I have the following situation:

I have created a custom Favorites menu item. Under that, I have created sub-menu favorites.

Collection
sub-menu: Kids
sub-menu: Movies
sub-menu: Video Add-Ons

Kids is located at K:\Kids
Movies is located at M:\Movies and K:\Movies

I have created/added all three items as favorites (Kids, Movies, Video Add-Ons). Movies and Video Add-Ons work fine. When I go to Kids, I get a screen showing a blank information screen. If try the Kids favorite under Videos, it works just fine.

Any clue as to what it could be? It is almost as if it is looking for a playlist instead of the favorite to the directory. All media is connected via USB. I have uninstalled/reinstalled XBMC twice to no avail. Running Eden 11.0 final. I attached some pictures to help explain. The 2nd one is the Kids link that isn't working.

Alternatively, I could get this to work without Favorites if there is a way I can hide the optical disc drives (one physical, one virtual) when I click on "Files" from the Video Menu. Is there any way THAT can be done?

Does it open properly via favourites? Post your favourites..xml.
Yes, it opens properly via favorites under Video. I will post my favorites.xml file later when I get a chance to get home.
Here is the contents of my favourites.xml:

Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="Movies">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;multipath://F%3a%5cMovies%5c/K%3a%5cMovies%5c/&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Files" thumb="DefaultFolder.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;sources://video/&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Video Add-ons">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;addons://sources/video/&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Kids">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;K:\\Kids\\&quot;)</favourite>
</favourites>
You may need to change it to open files.

ie
Code:
ActivateWindow(video,files,&quot;K:\\Kids\\&quot;)
(2012-04-12, 08:31)Hitcher Wrote: You may need to change it to open files.

ie
Code:
ActivateWindow(video,files,&quot;K:\\Kids\\&quot;)

That didn't work. I found the solution though. It is posted in This Thread

It is a bug in XBMC that apparently was not fixed in the final version of Eden.
A Debug Log will reveal what is going on.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-04-13, 07:58)jmarshall Wrote: A debug log will reveal what is going on.

I'll attach a copy of my debug log tonight.
On the wild side.. try this. See if anything works. replace the smileys...if needed. Smile

<favourites>
<favourite name="Movies">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;multipath://F%3a%5cMovies%5c\K%3a%5cMovies%5c\&quotWink</favourite>
<favourite name="Files" thumb="DefaultFolder.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;sources://video\&quotWink</favourite>
<favourite name="Video Add-ons">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;addons://sources\video\&quotWink</favourite>
<favourite name="Kids">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;K://Kids\&quotWink</favourite>
</favourites>
(2012-04-13, 17:52)PatK Wrote: On the wild side.. try this. See if anything works. replace the smileys...if needed. Smile

<favourites>
<favourite name="Movies">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;multipath://F%3a%5cMovies%5c\K%3a%5cMovies%5c\&quotWink</favourite>
<favourite name="Files" thumb="DefaultFolder.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;sources://video\&quotWink</favourite>
<favourite name="Video Add-ons">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;addons://sources\video\&quotWink</favourite>
<favourite name="Kids">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;K://Kids\&quotWink</favourite>
</favourites>

I will give it a try, but will definitely back up my current favourites.xml first, as it is working once I took the quotes out of the Kids favourite.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Broken Favorite - How to fix?0