Linux troubleshooting XBMCbuntu issues with core-i3
Hi,
I'm looking for some advice/tips for troubleshooting an issue I am having with a fresh install of XBMCbuntu.

My HTPC is just a Core-i3 with a MSI-H67 motherboard.

When I first set it up I installed a minimal 11.10 installation and a version of XBMC eden pre-release from Nathan Rennie-Waldock's PPA and files from xorg-edgers PPAs - this was installed and configured December 2011 while following alanwww1 guide on these forums.

HD, video playback is instant & smooth and there are only a couple of minor issues with the interface - but I am a stickler for upgrading - I had assumed that with XBMCbuntu being 11.10 and having the latest stable release of XBMC it might be OK.

However I don't believe I have got hardware acceleration working correctly - the main menu is fine and fluid, but attempting to play a SD AVI causes it to stutter - trying to play a 720 mkv is constantly freezing, buffering and stuttering.

Luckily I took a backup of my working configuration using Clonezilla and restored it.

In conclusion, is there anyway I can see what drivers/libraries I am using in my working set-up and compare them to what is installed in XBMCbuntu?

If required I can provide debug logs tomorrow when I get some free time to test this again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
troubleshooting XBMCbuntu issues with core-i30