• 24(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
Watchdog stops watching my music-directory (/media/Elements/Musik/).
I can't figure out what's wrong. I didn't change anything. After last reboot i got the message "not watching </media/Elements/Musik/>".
I tried to reinstall watchdog-script, but got the same error.
Below my log after reinstalling: Huh

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=HQ0ykhKp
And did you try to read the last posts of this thread ?
I don't know what you mean, neither do i use any non-ascii chars nor do i have openelec. I use raspbmc...
Still not working correctly here either.
Windows 7 with Frodo. Not using network shares though.
(2013-03-16, 21:17)bmsbwd Wrote: I don't know what you mean, neither do i use any non-ascii chars nor do i have openelec. I use raspbmc...
You do. In some subdirectory of you music folder. Affected systems are all that use ascii locale (this means mostly non-standard linux distributions like OpenElec and apparently Raspbmc too).

v0.7.4 pushed just now reverts back to old behavior. Noe that this means systems that do not use utf-8 encoding and non-ascii characters is used will not work (e.g legacy windows). This only applies to the base path of media sources. If such characters are used in a subpath it should still work.
Can I get the new version by going into update from
Within xbmc?
Yes, you should be able to.
It's still greyed out? The update button.
Still not scanning my folders. Particularly my tv folder. Shame though because i love this add on
I went back to version 0.6.3 and turned off automatic updates. I did this by simply copying over the watchdog folder. It picks up anything I drop in any folder, so it does work for me.

Hope this helps.

Shedrock
Where do you get the older versions mate?
It seems as if this addon prefents XBMC from shutting down in some cases, as there are threads that doesn't exit:
https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/2074
(2013-03-17, 13:35)1358 Wrote: It seems as if this addon prefents XBMC from shutting down in some cases, as there are threads that doesn't exit:
https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/2074

I am having a similar problem. Have been investigating this for a few days and last night finally just removed watchdog and I can now cleanly exit XBMC. I was getting this error in the logs each time I would attempt to shutdown.

ERROR: XBPyThread:Confusedtop - script C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.watchdog\default.py didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it

I am not at home to copy the exact error from the log at the moment, but found this entry from a search and this POST #310 which had basically the same error with one small change. Just wanted to mention it since I couldn't find a resolution, just some other threads where people were having similar problems.
Its working for me! Nice
Does the clean library works when I delete a file from file manager and for that file only or its a full library clean for all files?
Thanks.
When I start XBMC with my HDD not connected the add-on gives me a error that the folder does not exists ( OK, its not connected)
But when I connect the HDD, it does not trigger/run watchdog so the library can be updated.

What can be done?

LOG:
15:48:30 T:2909828160 DEBUG: service.watchdog: video sources ['/media/SAMSUNG/Divx/1- Novas Series/', '/media/SAMSUNG/Divx/2- Filmes 1080p/']
15:48:31 T:2909828160 DEBUG: service.watchdog: not watching </media/SAMSUNG/Divx/1- Novas Series/>. does not exist
15:48:31 T:2909828160 DEBUG: service.watchdog: not watching </media/SAMSUNG/Divx/2- Filmes 1080p/>. does not exist

Does is try to find those folders again or not?
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4