• 52(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
(2020-03-17, 00:25)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-03-16, 19:14)donbrew Wrote: I concede that it does not work with SMB; does work with NFS.
It has always worked this way as far as I remember.

I used the 0.97 version for a long time on my smb shares. Worked perfectly.
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API
I found the way to make it work with SMB!! 
This is for Kodi 18.6 other versions have different syntax.
Go to Kodi settings>services>SMB client  change Minimum protocol version to SMBv1 and Maximum Protocol version to SMBv3.

Now it is back to working perfectly with SMB and NFS.  Turns out it was that pesky SMB change a while back.  Don't forget you have to type the UNC address and provide user and pword.  I used "Add Source" in the search dialog
(2020-03-21, 19:00)donbrew Wrote: I found the way to make it work with SMB!! 
Go to Kodi settings>services>SMB client  change Minimum protocol version to SMBv1 and Maximum Protocol version to SMBv3.

Now it is back to working perfectly with SMB and NFS.  Turns out it was that pesky SMB change a while back.  Don't forget you have to type the UNC address and provide user and pword.  I used "Add Source" in the search dialog
 i'm on kodi 18.5
(2020-03-21, 19:00)donbrew Wrote: I found the way to make it work with SMB!! 

not watching
Watchdog not updating library at all.
External disk is connected via USB 2. Everything else works perfectly but watchdog doesn't add/remove movies.

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
LibreELEC (official): 9.2.1 (RPi4.arm)

I had the same experience on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+/OSMC like a half year ago. (I haven't tried since then.)
(2020-03-26, 11:27)number67o Wrote: Watchdog not updating library at all.
External disk is connected via USB 2. Everything else works perfectly but watchdog doesn't add/remove movies.

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B

I had the same experience on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+/OSMC like a half year ago. (I haven't tried since then.)

And it is only updating/cleaning on startup but not actively.
(2020-03-26, 11:53)number67o Wrote:

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B

I try this addon it's works fine, the media are removed, refreshed when you want just configure the cron option
Library_Auto_Update
Kodi 18.5 Leia OS Librelec 9.2.0 raspberry PI4
(2020-03-26, 19:00)torak666 Wrote:
(2020-03-26, 11:53)number67o Wrote:

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B

I try this addon it's works fine, the media are removed, refreshed when you want just configure the cron option
Library_Auto_Update

Sorry, it was a rookie mistake. I've just came to have my post deleted.
I haven't set folders manually in the settings. I thought that by leaving it on auto meant that it will monitor all sources automatically.

Everything works perfectly now. This is the most important addon for me. Thanks for help
Actually it turned out that setting minimum to SMB2 and maximum to SMB3 works.  Evidently leaving them "auto"is not good enough.

As number67o noted you MUST specify UNC paths;  and as I stated earlier you MUST set the SMB paths with the user and password included.  (like smb://user:[email protected]/tv3/Movies/) if you do it using "add a location" it will format it for you.

If that is too much to do you can just edit /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.watchdog/settings.xml and type the UNC paths.

I prefer this to autoupdater because it happens immediately, doesn't depend on cron.  I usually delete files from my server as soon as finish watching.

It does not seem to work at all in Kodi 19.  Kodi 18.5 is deprecated in favor of 18.6.
Hi Takoi!

Nice addon Smile

Is it safe to use the "single video" cleaning mode instead of the default "clean entire library" for a SMB share that sometimes is offline?

Cleaning the entire library takes a lot of time in my system Sad but I read a post (a really old one tho) saying that "clean entire library" should be used, here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1914643

Can I use the single video method? What is the difference apart from the obvious between both methods?

Thanks Smile
Hi guys! Unfortunately, this add-on doesn't update my library when adding new files. I'm running Kodi on an Nvidia Shield, and my library resides on my Linux PC which is shared with the Shield via SMB. Whenever a new file gets added to my library, nothing is detected by Kodi even though this plugin is installled. I had to strip my kodi.log in the middle to be able to upload it because my library is too large. Any help is much appreciated.
(2020-03-26, 21:39)number67o Wrote:
(2020-03-26, 19:00)torak666 Wrote:
(2020-03-26, 11:53)number67o Wrote: And it is only updating/cleaning on startup but not actively.  
Library_Auto_Update

Sorry, it was a rookie mistake. I've just came to have my post deleted.
I haven't set folders manually in the settings. I thought that by leaving it on auto meant that it will monitor all sources automatically.

Everything works perfectly now. This is the most important addon for me. Thanks for help

Mine does update the library, except its not.removing old files.
Does kodi need to be running for the changes to be read?
Explanation: kodi is off and I add a new folder with movie in windows will it be detected when I start kodi next time or I need to update library manually?

I thought this worked before but now it does not.
Same here, I configured Watchdog to clean the Library on Startup, it shows that it is cleaning, but is not removing the old Library Entries.
Orbsmart S87L Android 11 Quadcore AML S905X4 Cortex-A55 @ 2.0GHz Mali-G31 MP2 4GB DDR4-RAM / 32GB
BeeLink GT1 mini Android 8.1 Amlogic S905X2 CPU ARM G31 MP2 Grafik 4GB RAM/64 GB ROM
Kodi 20.3
@bansheeat - your signature is a bit too large.

Our forum rules (wiki) limit signature size to 4 lines, so can you please reduce yours within that limit, otherwise it will be edited for you.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4