• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
(2012-08-07, 13:42)takoi Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 20:23)Thorbear Wrote: Hi.
i saw this in the log.. does it mean that watchdog doesn't support xbmc multipath sources?

20:03:06 T:4764 DEBUG: service.watchdog: not watching <multipath://E%3a%5cHD%5cFilm%5c/E%3a%5cSD%5cFilm%5c/F%3a%5cHD%5cFilm%5c/F%3a%5cSD%5cFilm%5c/G%3a%5cHD%5cFilm%5c/G%3a%5cSD%5cFilm%5c/>

Actually, I haven't heard of the mulipath feature. It isn't very well-documented so care to explain what it is?

well.. i have 3 external drives connected and they all have identical folder structures (separating movies and tv-shows and so on)
so in xbmc the movie source displays as only one folder while it contains the content of e:/movies, f:/movies and g:/movies

does this explanation make any sense to you?
(2012-08-18, 08:36)Thorbear Wrote:
(2012-08-07, 13:42)takoi Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 20:23)Thorbear Wrote: Hi.
i saw this in the log.. does it mean that watchdog doesn't support xbmc multipath sources?

20:03:06 T:4764 DEBUG: service.watchdog: not watching <multipath://E%3a%5cHD%5cFilm%5c/E%3a%5cSD%5cFilm%5c/F%3a%5cHD%5cFilm%5c/F%3a%5cSD%5cFilm%5c/G%3a%5cHD%5cFilm%5c/G%3a%5cSD%5cFilm%5c/>

Actually, I haven't heard of the mulipath feature. It isn't very well-documented so care to explain what it is?

well.. i have 3 external drives connected and they all have identical folder structures (separating movies and tv-shows and so on)
so in xbmc the movie source displays as only one folder while it contains the content of e:/movies, f:/movies and g:/movies

But what's the point? Why not just have 3 normal media sources? I can support it but I'm not sure about the format and I can't find any spec for it.
Hi, I see your plugin today and happy I would like to test it, but nothing happen. This is what I get in my debug log :

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6841

Thanks in advance (I have deleted one episode serie, but it still there), I have disabled Update on start for music library and Video library.

My HTPC is a Windows 7 32bits and my NAS is on Ubuntu. SMB shared, mounted on the Windows plateform, not directly throught XBMC.
(2012-08-18, 15:59)Hellnino18 Wrote: Hi, I see your plugin today and happy I would like to test it, but nothing happen. This is what I get in my debug log :

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6841

Thanks in advance (I have deleted one episode serie, but it still there), I have disabled Update on start for music library and Video library.

My HTPC is a Windows 7 32bits and my NAS is on Ubuntu. SMB shared, mounted on the Windows plateform, not directly throught XBMC.

You don't have debug logging on. Enable it in the settings menu.
yes I have Smile

Quote:15:54:58 T:3044 NOTICE: Enabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 2.
(2012-08-18, 16:59)Hellnino18 Wrote: yes I have Smile

Quote:15:54:58 T:3044 NOTICE: Enabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 2.

You enabled it after the addon had initialized. You need to enable it, then restart xbmc so it's on all the way.
(2012-08-18, 15:33)takoi Wrote:
(2012-08-18, 08:36)Thorbear Wrote:
(2012-08-07, 13:42)takoi Wrote: Actually, I haven't heard of the mulipath feature. It isn't very well-documented so care to explain what it is?

But what's the point? Why not just have 3 normal media sources? I can support it but I'm not sure about the format and I can't find any spec for it.

because of my folder structure i would end up with 18(!) sources.
I'm not sure why i chose the multipath alternative back when i started, but now it's just much easier to enter ONE folder for movies and don't have to remember if i placed the movie on the e: f: or g: drive. (we all have to enter file mode once in while to correct some of xbmc's "not-so-scrapable" files)

here they mention something about parsing each path from multipath, perhaps a pointer in the right direction? (keep in mind that i don't know anything about scripting)
http://xbmc-scripting.googlecode.com/svn.../plugin.py

i do realize that i cant come here and demand that your work should support my setup... (but a bit odd that i'm the only one using multipath)

but if you decide to find a solution to this "problem" i will gladly use this script, as it brings me one step closer to a almost fully automated media center =D
(2012-08-18, 21:07)Thorbear Wrote:
(2012-08-18, 15:33)takoi Wrote:
(2012-08-18, 08:36)Thorbear Wrote: well.. i have 3 external drives connected and they all have identical folder structures (separating movies and tv-shows and so on)

because of my folder structure i would end up with 18(!) sources.
I'm not sure why i chose the multipath alternative back when i started, but now it's just much easier to enter ONE folder for movies and don't have to remember if i placed the movie on the e: f: or g: drive. (we all have to enter file mode once in while to correct some of xbmc's "not-so-scrapable" files)

here they mention something about parsing each path from multipath, perhaps a pointer in the right direction? (keep in mind that i don't know anything about scripting)

i do realize that i cant come here and demand that your work should support my setup... (but a bit odd that i'm the only one using multipath)

but if you decide to find a solution to this "problem" i will gladly use this script, as it brings me one step closer to a almost fully automated media center =D
I too am using this "multipath" configuration, as I have 3 harddrives with tv shows and movies, and would otherwise end up with a dozen sources. This add-on refuses to work for me either.
(2012-08-18, 21:07)Thorbear Wrote: because of my folder structure i would end up with 18(!) sources.

It's a quick solution so I'll add multipath support to next update, no problem.
(2012-08-18, 17:42)takoi Wrote:

You enabled it after the addon had initialized. You need to enable it, then restart xbmc so it's on all the way.

Ok sorry, this is the good one : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6890

Thanks in advance Smile
(2012-08-19, 13:06)Hellnino18 Wrote:
(2012-08-18, 17:42)takoi Wrote:

Ok sorry, this is the good one : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6890

Thanks in advance Smile

And the problem was that nothing happens when you write to any of your directories? There's no error or events showing in the log. Are you sure you wrote to any of these folders before getting the log?
Also you do know you have the "Only watch root directory" option on? It means that if you write to a directory further down than the top one, it won't be detected.
Yes there are some new tv shows added to one of this folder. I tried with "only watch root directory" option enabled and disabled, and nothing appears. I tried to delete one tv shows too, but it is still in my library.

Edit: I think it's OK for the Music Library, adding a folder.jpg to one artist, launch the music update, it's OK for this part, but not for the tv or movie part...
(2012-08-19, 12:07)takoi Wrote:
(2012-08-18, 21:07)Thorbear Wrote: because of my folder structure i would end up with 18(!) sources.

It's a quick solution so I'll add multipath support to next update, no problem.

looking forward to try it out =)
thnx alot!
(2012-08-19, 14:04)Hellnino18 Wrote: Yes there are some new tv shows added to one of this folder. I tried with "only watch root directory" option enabled and disabled, and nothing appears. I tried to delete one tv shows too, but it is still in my library.

Edit: I think it's OK for the Music Library, adding a folder.jpg to one artist, launch the music update, it's OK for this part, but not for the tv or movie part...

Did you restart xbmc for the changes to take affect? Leave "only watch root directory" disabled and both "watch music/video library" enabled. If you want it to clean the library when you delete your tv shows, you set "Clean library when files are moved or deleted" on. Then restart xbmc. It should work.
(2012-08-19, 19:56)takoi Wrote:
(2012-08-19, 14:04)Hellnino18 Wrote: Yes there are some new tv shows added to one of this folder. I tried with "only watch root directory" option enabled and disabled, and nothing appears. I tried to delete one tv shows too, but it is still in my library.

Did you restart xbmc for the changes to take affect? Leave "only watch root directory" disabled and both "watch music/video library" enabled. If you want it to clean the library when you delete your tv shows, you set "Clean library when files are moved or deleted" on. Then restart xbmc. It should work.

Yes I restart XBMC, either my HTPC Smile I always have selected "Clean library when files are moved or deleted" and leave "only watch root directory". It's Ok for music, and apparently for Movies. My only problem (for the moment), is for tv shows...
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4