• 8(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
(2012-09-11, 00:03)robl45 Wrote: does it still only delete if xbmc is running?

Not sure what you expect me to do. This is an addon to xbmc that runs only when xbmc run, not a standalone app. How can it delete when it isn't running?
Maybe I misunderstand what it does. If I delete a movie on my computer and then start xbmc, can't the watchdog run then and know what's deleted? I mean I know it doesn't work that way, but is it not possible?
Does this add-on update the Userdata/database db files (sqlite) or does it save data elsewhere? I just installed the plugin and the Databse files for music and video are empty even though I've added my directories to my respective libraries.
I tried out Watchdog today and it works great. I did notice something during testing though that was driving me crazy until I figured out what was going on. I was testing watchdog on a folder that contains tv series. So the structure is episodes within a series folder. To test watchdog I was simply dragging a series folder in and out of the source folder. I had Watchdog set to "clean" when a file is removed/deleted.

Watchdog always detected when the series folder was added to the source folder, but it NEVER detected when the series was removed from the source folder, i.e. it never did a "clean". I thought the software was broken, until I tried removing the episode file inside the series folder - rather than the series itself - then watchdog did the clean.

So it seems to not detect the removal of series folders (but it does detect their addition).

Anyway, its a minor thing. Watchdog does what I want just fine, although it would be nice if the "clean" dialog could be gotten rid of...

Thank you!
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2012-09-11, 21:21)robl45 Wrote: Maybe I misunderstand what it does. If I delete a movie on my computer and then start xbmc, can't the watchdog run then and know what's deleted? I mean I know it doesn't work that way, but is it not possible?
Enable GUI setting "Update library on startup" and enable "cleanonupdate" in advancedsetting.xml. This should force xbmc to clean on startup

(2012-09-12, 21:42)mhahla Wrote: Does this add-on update the Userdata/database db files (sqlite) or does it save data elsewhere? I just installed the plugin and the Databse files for music and video are empty even though I've added my directories to my respective libraries.
It does not. It doesn't store any data, just tells xbmc when to do an update. Are you sure you've set up your media sources correctly?

(2012-09-15, 02:27)krustyreturns Wrote: I tried out Watchdog today and it works great. I did notice something during testing though that was driving me crazy until I figured out what was going on. I was testing watchdog on a folder that contains tv series. So the structure is episodes within a series folder. To test watchdog I was simply dragging a series folder in and out of the source folder. I had Watchdog set to "clean" when a file is removed/deleted.

Watchdog always detected when the series folder was added to the source folder, but it NEVER detected when the series was removed from the source folder, i.e. it never did a "clean". I thought the software was broken, until I tried removing the episode file inside the series folder - rather than the series itself - then watchdog did the clean.

So it seems to not detect the removal of series folders (but it does detect their addition).
Please provide a full debug log from when this is happening. (Also, remember to turn debug logging on in the GUI settings first)

(2012-09-15, 02:27)krustyreturns Wrote: Anyway, its a minor thing. Watchdog does what I want just fine, although it would be nice if the "clean" dialog could be gotten rid of...
As discussed before: xbmc controls this and there's currently no way disable it. But yeah, it is annoying..
Hi,

I think I have a issue with library watchdog after I put my system in standby for the night.
I access mounted file shares (host and client win7) (only one path per movie/tv source).
XBMC is Eden.

All works fine until I put my system in standby. When it woke up again, the cpu load of xbmc goes high.
I can't see anything going on at this time in the debug log.
When I check what the process is doing (with sysinternals process monitor) it shows that it does something all the time with the root of my media folders.

Its called Operation is called something like "IRP_MJ_DIREC...". The type is "NotifyChangeDirectory". The Status is always "DISCONNECTED".
But I can still access the files on this mounted shares in XMBC.

I tried to make shure its library watchdog, but it looks like it only happens if the system is in standby for some time. 2 minutes is not enough.
(2012-09-15, 15:02)takoi Wrote:
(2012-09-15, 02:27)krustyreturns Wrote: Anyway, its a minor thing. Watchdog does what I want just fine, although it would be nice if the "clean" dialog could be gotten rid of...
As discussed before: xbmc controls this and there's currently no way disable it. But yeah, it is annoying..

I do believe this is up to the skin. Think it is the default skin that has a setting for not showing this.
Hi

I just tried the Watchdog out and it seems not to work properly for me.
I have tried with the XBMCLive and now Windows 7 where all my TV/Movies are located on a NAS.

If i use syscall nothing happens, i guess it should not work either cause i guess it is a local syscall. So nvm that
But polling does not seem to do anything either for me, i move files, remove files, add files and it is just sitting there chilling.

I have both smb and nfs shares. Anything i am missing or should i grab some kind of debug?
just gotta chime in here, Great addon. i've been waiting for xbmc to have a function like this for ages. i took it upon myself years ago to write a script that upon extraction of rars my server sends a http request to xbmc with the executebullitin=(updateLibrary(video,$SOURCE) where source was the path to the newly added media. it works great but now i dont know. i love my little script heh but this works so perfectly. only thing i dont like about your addon is it does a full library update everytime instead of just checking the specific folder that was updated (saves time doing it my way) when you have multiple boxes updating at once it adds up
Hi, just wondering how the delay setting works?

Also - as mentioned above, is there any way of preventing the full library update - I have a lot of files and it can take a while to process the update.
(2012-09-17, 07:05)brotbuexe Wrote: Hi,

I think I have a issue with library watchdog after I put my system in standby for the night.
I access mounted file shares (host and client win7) (only one path per movie/tv source).
XBMC is Eden.

All works fine until I put my system in standby. When it woke up again, the cpu load of xbmc goes high.
I can't see anything going on at this time in the debug log.
When I check what the process is doing (with sysinternals process monitor) it shows that it does something all the time with the root of my media folders.

Its called Operation is called something like "IRP_MJ_DIREC...". The type is "NotifyChangeDirectory". The Status is always "DISCONNECTED".
But I can still access the files on this mounted shares in XMBC.

I tried to make shure its library watchdog, but it looks like it only happens if the system is in standby for some time. 2 minutes is not enough.
(2012-09-25, 15:02)nihplod Wrote: Hi

I just tried the Watchdog out and it seems not to work properly for me.
I have tried with the XBMCLive and now Windows 7 where all my TV/Movies are located on a NAS.

If i use syscall nothing happens, i guess it should not work either cause i guess it is a local syscall. So nvm that
But polling does not seem to do anything either for me, i move files, remove files, add files and it is just sitting there chilling.

I have both smb and nfs shares. Anything i am missing or should i grab some kind of debug?
People, please post debug logs. I don't have any of these problems so I can't figure out what the issue is and fix it based on vague descriptions. I need the complete debug log.

(2012-09-27, 19:48)Hack_kid Wrote: just gotta chime in here, Great addon. i've been waiting for xbmc to have a function like this for ages. i took it upon myself years ago to write a script that upon extraction of rars my server sends a http request to xbmc with the executebullitin=(updateLibrary(video,$SOURCE) where source was the path to the newly added media. it works great but now i dont know. i love my little script heh but this works so perfectly. only thing i dont like about your addon is it does a full library update everytime instead of just checking the specific folder that was updated (saves time doing it my way) when you have multiple boxes updating at once it adds up
(2012-10-06, 21:45)rabbly Wrote: Also - as mentioned above, is there any way of preventing the full library update - I have a lot of files and it can take a while to process the update.
It's not trivial to do a partial update. And there are disadvantages of doing partial update compared to full, e.g you will probably end up with having to wait multiple times longer once you add more than one file at a time.

(2012-10-06, 21:45)rabbly Wrote: Hi, just wondering how the delay setting works?
It's the delay between when the event is happening to when the update is done. It's in advanced because you probably don't need it

This is s great plugin, but i have a few questions Previously discussed in thread was mutipath support, has this been enabled? :-) Didn't even know this existed until i browsed this thread :-) Is it supposed to work with multiple sources when not using the multipath option. Right now i have 4 sources for music, and it seems quite random if a library scan is started. Will it support subdirectories or only trigger if things is added directly to the monitored source and not a subdir of this?

Best regards
daniel
I am using MYsql as well with 2 machines and need library to use unc / smb paths. Is there a way to add paths to the plugin separatly in a way it supports?

Or would I have to map drives to the shares even on the machine that has them stored locally?
(2012-10-19, 16:14)soehest Wrote: This is s great plugin, but i have a few questions Previously discussed in thread was mutipath support, has this been enabled? :-) Didn't even know this existed until i browsed this thread :-) Is it supposed to work with multiple sources when not using the multipath option. Right now i have 4 sources for music, and it seems quite random if a library scan is started. Will it support subdirectories or only trigger if things is added directly to the monitored source and not a subdir of this?

Best regards
daniel
Multipath is supported, and so is sub-directories. Again: the log will show exactly which directories are monitored and all the events that occur.

(2012-10-19, 22:57)rwspears Wrote: I am using MYsql as well with 2 machines and need library to use unc / smb paths. Is there a way to add paths to the plugin separatly in a way it supports?

Or would I have to map drives to the shares even on the machine that has them stored locally?
Assuming you mean your files are distributed on only those two machines, then simply installing the plugin on both should be sufficient. Otherwise, they would both update at the same time
hi mate..

very nice work on the addon, its been working fine for me up until i've moved my library to mysql.

so i have my mediacenter running xbmc which also contains all my media. xbmc is now configured to scan it's local discs BUT through SMB://mediacenter/Movies etc. I've had to do it this way so that my other xbmc machines around the house can access the media on the mediacenter.

you say that the drives need to be mapped on the machine, but they already are local drives. for example:

smb://mediacenter/movies/ == m:\movies\

how do i work around this so that the library watchdog scans changes on M:\movies when xbmc is configured to look at smb://mediacenter/movies/?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4