Win Advice on A6-3500 build please- NOW BUILT! and Usage update...
(2012-04-15, 16:31)adeingolf Wrote: I'm very lucky in that my wife is very good and let's me have my toys!! she paid for, and took me to the Gadget Show Live yesterday, and let's me get on with Xbox and PC sim racing when I "need my own time".
You have a wonderful wife. I'm the oposite. I bought this "Dell Inspiron 2305 2.4GHz AMD Athlon II X4 610e " for her, and she let me have my HTPC and Xbox Kinect and she never bother me since.......it's all about compromise!

You'll enjoy your A6-3500 at your new house.....Nod

(2012-04-15, 11:49)eskro Wrote: at least 32 Beers Tongue
Huh.......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-15, 16:35)eskro Wrote: man,, your far from CANADA Sad

Must be a cheap flight over?! I'll sort your bed and beers!!

And bluray, I know I am lucky and thank the lord every day!
nothing's cheap in CANADA

well, except the government
(2012-04-15, 13:29)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-04-15, 11:49)eskro Wrote: at least 32 Beers Tongue

I hope you mean 32 a person Big Grin

I get your Joke RoflBig Grin
hahaha, was about time beer Tongue
1st post updated with progress.
Hi adeingolf - very tempted to follow your build exactly. did you put a fan in the case and if so how noisy/quiet is it?
I havn't put any extra fans in yet - there is one in the case next to the power supply built in, and the main part of the case is quite open for good air flow.

Bear in mind that this is a "cheap and chearful" case, as I will probably be hiding mine - but it does do the job well and gives the option for 2.5"/3.5" HDD's and optical drives easily if you want them. Also note that the case is designed to stand on its side (a la xbox 360 or tower PC) - there are big clips top & bottom to release the "doors" so it will not sit flush.

Its on default settings and quite ironically the first thing I watched after testing a bit of Dolby HD-MA was a couple of episodes of Chuck! ;-) - so I have not really "stress tested" it much at all, but it is not noisy at all and the CPU fan speed along with Asrock's "cool n quiet" settings can be adjusted very easily in the BIOS.

Incidently - the BIOS is VERY easy and simple to navigate, (its all menu driven) for anyone who hasnt messed with bios for a while - its been a few years for me!
1st post updated with new pictures of new case and a vid.
When using an AMD A6-3500 I would think about undervolting. Thanks to the APU quite low frequencies it is undervoltable very well. I used Fusion Tweaker for this job on my build: project: high performance - low power - fanless HTPC build

Mike

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice on A6-3500 build please- NOW BUILT! and Usage update...0