• 5(current)
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script)
i've discussed it with him and i've decided i'm going to alter the save programme menu option so that it saves either to smb or it calls your own custom - external python module.

in that you can do whatever you want with the data, i think thats a flexible option.

i'll try and write the first saveprog plugin based on what hes trying to do once i've fully thought it throu.
question: is there any way to get it to display the channel numbers as well?
do you mean as a save programme substitution, as $c will save channel id already.

or onscreen ? (not a lot of room for anything else onscreen)

or saving the epg position ie 0 throu 11 ?
i meant on screen. when i go to the actual tv all the channels are listed in numerical order so it would make it a lot easier to find the show im looking for if i new what channel number it was. the way it works on the guide for direct tv is that once you high light the channel it shows the channel number instead of the channel id. i think that would be a pretty cool idea. or maybe in the description at the top of the screen. the highlighted channel in the main window would show the channel id ie- comedy central. then at the top of the screen it would show the actual channel number along with the description. just a thought. i still love this script dude. thanks for all the hard work :kickass:
Information 
hi,

just some feedback on the nebula plug in - definatley does the job !
no issues so far, and catches clashing programes as it should - which is great (plus the error reporting works), as i presume you didnt have access to the card !

2 things i did notice though....

confirm mulitiple recordings - if the programe string is too long, then the dialog is empty apart from the yes/no options.. (ie. no text)

there seems to be a noticable refresh when moving right along the timeline (it appeard to be refreshing downward).

well, i think its time this pm to upgrade to the latest cvs, so defining a new keymap etc... for the record button on my remote should be fun :-)

a very happy jj
:agree:
fyi, v1.06 now up on xbmcscripts.com

changelog:
new - datasource - austv (australian)
new - recording support for nebula tv cards
new - recording support for hauppauge nova tv cards
changed - improved saveprogramme (to facilitate the above)
fix. - changing days on list navigation

also, new, logo support. although i forgot to include the \system\logos subfolder (with about 100 logos) in the release package (doh!Wink
it'll be in the next release but if you cant wait till then, create a system\logos folder and drop some of your own in there.  it works be matching the channel display name to filename.

nebula & hauppauge recording scheduling:  is explained in detail in the readme file.

thank all for your support on this script, i'll look into each problem reported to me as i can.
hi - just spotted another minor thing:

when moving from lists enabled to disabled, the area behind where the lists were, a black rectangle is being shown cutting off the background image.

can post a screen if description not too hot.

Wink
hi there. having a problem with the radio times data source, every time you start the script it tries to download data when its already downloaded the data before. i swapped the datasource_radiotimes.py for the old one and that fixed that.

liking the logo support. have one question about fatx limitation of not being able to use the plus (+) sign which some channels have. how can you match the name to the file in those instances ?

keep up the good work.
cheers b4tm4n.
b4tm4n, i dont get the dbl download you mention.  it will seem to dbl download sometimes as it will get todays listing and possibly previous or next days if close to midnight.
it will always attempt to download channels where its not been previously possibly to get any listings. ie bbc3 or bidup.tv

logo filename matching uses regex, but there is a + symbol problem. i'll fix that. as for fatx, is that a 8+3 filename limitation. as 'men & motors.gif' for example works fine ?
batman - is it trying to download data for bbc 3 / bbc4 only ? - it does seem to try and re-download these channels when there is no current programe information (i.e. before 7pm) - even when there is data for after 7pm...
@jj5768
yeah your right its all the channels that don`t have any program data till 7pm.( bbc3 bbc4 ftn)

@BigBellyBilly
i couldn`t ftp any of the logos i did for any channel with a + (eg uk gold +1) to my xbox, all others ftp`d fine, so i thought it was fatx issue.

edit just found this in the faq
Quote:q: why does transfer fail when try send a file to my xbox using xbmc's build-in ftp server?
a: xbox hard drive file-system (fatx) has many limitations that other file-systems do not have: check the filename, the xbox's file-system (fat-x) only supports file/folder-names up to 42 characters, and fat-x does not either support all acsii characters in file/folder names, here's some unsupported characters  (note! there are probebly many more than these, let us know):
< > = ? :; " * + , / \ | ¤ &
tip: there is a software application called "xboxify" that will rename files/folders to above limits.
also a maximum of 255 in character-deept is supported down the file-structure architecture.  plus maximum number of 4096 files/folders in a single subfolder is supported, and in the root of each partition the maximum number of files/folders is 256).

heres a link.

cheers b4tm4n.
hi all - spotted on xbmc scripts bbb's mytv v1.06a has gone up which includes channel logos & sheduling recordings for nebula and nova tv cards on the host pc..

below is the list of changes & data sources...

supported datasources:
radiotimes (uk) austv (australian)
bleb (uk) zap2it (canada/us)
telkku (finnish) tvgids (dutch)
tvnu (swedish)

can also schedule tv recording to the following tv cards:
nebbula & hauppage nova-t

see the readme file for detailed instructions.

changelog for this version:
included uk logos - (add your own if you wish)
expanded the nebbula lcn code list
oopps - double post - please delete !
has anyone tried the schedule with any other cards ? the nova-t card for example has a path config for the app that launchs and tunes the channel.... i was wondering if that could be configured the same way but for any card that works with mytheatre?

anyone try this yet ?

h0und
the hauppauge card i used to test against was a nova-t (digital freeview) card, so i know that works. i'm assuming the s/w in other hauppage tv cards works on the same principle of creating windows schedule tasks, if they do they'll work.

the nebula card is a bit slicker as it has a http server built in (nice).

as for other cards, if they allow external programming in some way, it should be possible. i'm relying on other ppl to try that out, but i'd be willing to adjust code to accomodate them if its needed.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script)1