Known video issue?
Smile 
hi, don't know if this is a known issue or not, but on some videos i only get a single color screen when trying to play various videos (.mpg, .ogg, .avi) the color appears to cycle, like it's picking one color in the scene and displaying it, then changes to a different color periodically. i did a quick search of the board, but didn't see anything similar, didn't know if this was a known problem. i have tried changing the dashboard to different sizes, (480,720,1080i) and checking and unchecking the upsample button, but still the same. it only occurs on certain videos, and these videos worked a while ago when i had an older version of xbmc.

i can supply more detail if needed, but was wondering if this was a known issue w a solution.

thanks!

chrissy
sounds like you need to recalibrate video. quick way to reset all settings (tdata/0face008) is to hold start+back while xbmc is launching/booting
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks, i tried that, but it didn't work. it's weird, cause subtitles and sound are perfectly fine. just the video only displays one color. only does it on some videos, and they used to work fine on a build from 6 months ago

any other ideas?
hey, i had a problem like this awhile back. it fixed itself somehow.

but i figured out a temp. solution. while the video is running, hit x to "minimize" (whatever you call it) the video, then hit x to "maximize" it...

hope that helps..
Same here with two major differences,
1. I'm on Karmic Koala, xbmc installed from repository, and ATI HD3600 latest drivers (envy)
2. All video (avi. mpg. mkv. wmv whatever) are displayed just whole screen color, and no image. Subtitle are fine.

I have changed render settings and:

Auto detect not working (full screen colors)
VDPAU not working (full screen colors)
Basic Shaders (ARB) Working
Advanced Shaders (GLSL) not working (full screen colors)
Software Working but is hardware killer

I'm not sure if all above worked in the past, because I run xbmc in win and also in linux (Ubuntu). And VDPAU seems to work in win.

But maybe this will help other linux/xbmc user even we are on specific xbox support thread. Search results about the problem, will include this one.

P.S. Holly KAU ..... after posting I saw how old is this thread
Hi, I have an ATI Radeon HD 4670 (over HDMI) on my HTPC, but inside the XBMC when running .mkv ou mpg4 files I can see only a flash of various colour when I play something, the audio and subtitles work fine. Even if I play something in VLC I can see all that I want. I don't understand the XBMC problem.

I have the last driver of vendor drivers for ATI HD 4000 Series adapter. This can be some bug of ATI driver or XMBC config error, I have installed Ubuntu 10.04 on my HTPC.

Someone knows this problem?
patryck Wrote:Hi, I have an ATI Radeon HD 4670 (over HDMI) on my HTPC, but inside the XBMC when running .mkv ou mpg4 files I can see only a flash of various colour when I play something, the audio and subtitles work fine. Even if I play something in VLC I can see all that I want. I don't understand the XBMC problem.

I have the last driver of vendor drivers for ATI HD 4000 Series adapter. This can be some bug of ATI driver or XBMC config error, I have installed Ubuntu 10.04 on my HTPC.

Someone knows this problem?

I'm sorry but your problem doesnt belong here. This sub section if for troubleshooting XBOX XBMC install. Please post your issue in the Linux sub forum
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=52

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Known video issue?0