Subs too fast
Hello,

I hope that you can help me. The problem is that the subtitles seem to always be too fast. Even though I correct them, I end up having the offset menu constantly opened to adjust them every couple of minutes. At the end of the episode the subs are like 6 secs offset. I don't know where the problem could be from. Btw, I use Win 8.1. Please help me. Thank you!
Your issue is that you are selecting a subtitle file made for a slightly different TV recording. It's something you learn from experience but here go some pointers:

There are typically 2 type of sync errors:
* Progressive errors: this is caused by the video file and subtitles file belonging to different frame rate versions (movie 23,9 and srt 25 and things like that). In this cases the subtitles keep needing adjustment constantly. In this case you shall try another subtitle or use a srt editing tool (most have resync features).
* Errors in specific moments: this is more usual for TV episodes. It usually happens when the video file and subtitle file correspond to different recordings. There are differences in the commercials cut editing from video to video and that causes the problems with sync at specific moments.

In general:
Use a subtitles plugin that supports the "sync" feature (opensubtitles for example). It's not infallible, but usually gives better match for your videos.

For TV shows:
Beware if your video file is a TV recording (generally will have watermarks for the channel) or web episode (downloaded/ripped from channel streaming sites).
For TV recordings find subtitles with HDTV or similar as part of the name. For web episodes use WEB-DL or similar as part of the subtitle file name.

For Movies:
Try to match the quality of your video file with the description of the subtitles. If yours is bluray rip select one. If it is dvdrip use one. Most blurays are 24fps while dvds deppend on the zone (25fps for PAL for example). This mismatches cause the progressive errors mentioned above.

In the end the subtitles are community created and you need to find the specific one that works for you. KODI is not to blame if they don't work fine for your examples.

I hope this was helpful. Good reading/watching!
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

Thank you very, very much. Your reply is really helpful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subs too fast0