Auto download Subtitle
doesnt work like that, this is a service that runs all the time in the background... subtitle addon is not
OK now I understand (just read the piece of code on the first page).
Would it not be easier to startup the subtitle addon automatically, when a tv show or movie starts playing (with the exception if subtitle is already present and if its a video stream)?
Or is this not possible, without changing core of XBMC playback engine?

Can't wait to see an option like that: (start auto download sub if no subs present yes/no)
thats why we created the script.autosubs ....
@amet
I'm going to try to add an option to exclude certain folders/network shares since some folders/shares i have don't need any subtitles at all.
Should be doable right? I'm not that experienced in coding addons.
the music is also subtitled, this should aslo be avoided, can someone code this who knows how to do it, because I think this is essential for every media center...
if it was essential it would have been added years ago... I see no issue in hitting one button on my remote to call the script, its one button after all ....

@schumi2004
fell free to continue with what I have on github.... yeah, you should be able to filter out the folders you dont want, ignoring the music shoudl also be easy enough...

xbmc.getCondVisibility("VideoPlayer.Content(movies)") and xbmc.getCondVisibility("VideoPlayer.Content(episodes)") should filter only movies and tvshows
(2012-11-19, 20:36)akiaki Wrote: the music is also subtitled, this should aslo be avoided, can someone code this who knows how to do it, because I think this is essential for every media center...

It's actually very easy to code, just add any ignore word to this line
Not sure wat is a common word in music streams but let's say the word MP3, change that line from
Code:
if (not xbmc.getCondVisibility("VideoPlayer.HasSubtitles")) and (not movieFullPath.find("http") > -1 ) and (not movieFullPath.find("pvr") > -1 ):
to
Code:
if (not xbmc.getCondVisibility("VideoPlayer.HasSubtitles")) and (not movieFullPath.find("http") > -1 ) and (not movieFullPath.find("pvr") > -1 ) and (not movieFullPath.find("MP3") > -1 ):

Edit:
I'm using folder names fot that, kids,music and concerts. pvr is a general XBMC item.
I'm looking for a way to add words from addon itself instead of modifying code.

My line looks like this
Code:
if (not xbmc.getCondVisibility("VideoPlayer.HasSubtitles")) and (not movieFullPath.find("http") > -1 ) and (not movieFullPath.find("pvr") > -1 ) and (not movieFullPath.find("kids") > -1 ) and (not movieFullPath.find("music") > -1 ) and (not movieFullPath.find("concerts") > -1 ):
Thanks, tried adding content episodes and movies as suggested but didnt work at all, so I added just to ignore mp3 and is working fine Smile
Love it!
As to if it's essential or not, in countries where english is not first language, I think a lot of people want subtitles and download them for all of their media, so if theu have an option of automatic downloading, why not make it an option to be fully automatic...
it is fully automatic with this... is it not?
Yes it is, it's working great and it should be included in subtitle add on package as an option IMHO, I was talking in general
It's not going to happen any time soon...
Anyone else having problems getting this to work in Frodo Beta 3 ?

Doesn't seem to function anymore.
Subtitles work ok for me Smile beta 3 btw
Works for me too on latest Frodo rc..
It just annoys me that sometimes video pauses even though subtitle is found and downloaded automatically
Yeah it's working again here as well, made a typo in ignore word i think.

@akiaki, What do you mean pauses, as if the Subtitle selection window pops up even though local subs are there ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto download Subtitle0