Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2017-09-12, 00:57)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Still some issues with rating:
Primal Fear downloaded MA instead of R
Paper Moon NRC instead of PG

R and PG are taken from IMDB tab

Thanks

Will take another look.
What order do you have MC getting the Certificate in. Just the first three will do.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2017-09-12, 02:54)vbat99 Wrote: Will take another look.
What order do you have MC getting the Certificate in. Just the first three will do.

USA
MPAA
UK
(2017-09-12, 03:11)Edworld Wrote:
(2017-09-12, 02:54)vbat99 Wrote: Will take another look.

USA
MPAA
UK

So IMDB have changed USA to United States
and UK to United Kingdom

Yay! I'll see what I can do to get this corrected in Media Companion.
Media Companion Dev.
vbat99,

tvshow scraping question

What triggers that in some tvshows the episodes show up as 1 - and in other 01 - ?
(2017-09-15, 03:45)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

tvshow scraping question

What triggers that in some tvshows the episodes show up as 1 - and in other 01 - ?

If episodes do not exceed the double digits then would show as 1, 2, 3...9
If episode exists that is double digits ( or triple digits) then episode numbers below 10 are padded.
eg. episode 10 exists, so you get 01, 02...09..10..11 etc.

It all has to do with Windows wacky sorting. Otherwise we'd get
etc
Media Companion Dev.
vbat99

I am tryng to use rename movie for the first time but cant get it to work. Under general tab, rename movie settings, clicked on movie during autoscrape.

My goal is for my movie file to go from movie.mkv to shrek (2002).mkv
(2017-09-16, 20:25)Edworld Wrote: vbat99

I am trying to use rename movie for the first time but cant get it to work. Under general tab, rename movie settings, clicked on movie during autoscrape.

I suggest the following as best practice.
Disable Auto-rename of movies during scraping. Why? Well, if there is a Mis-Scrape, you don't what the movie to disappear into your movie collection as the incorrect movie.
Once scraped, and happy with the title, then r-click the movie and select 'Rename selected movie(s) in list' and then choose from
Movie and folder
Movie Only
Folder Only

In the Preferences. Movie Preferences -> General tab.
I have the folder renaming as: %N\%T (%Y)
Which if the movie is in a Collection, will create the collection folder if doesn't exists, create the Movie folder as 'Shrek (2002)
I have filename as: %T (%Y)
Which would give you exactly the filename as you require: Shred (2002).mkv
The only other box that needs a Tick, and for the above r-click option to work, is to enable 'Enable manual Movie Renaming'

This works for me very well.

And sorry for the late reply. Been a very busy weekend.
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-09-17, 22:51)vbat99 Wrote:

I am trying to use rename movie for the first time but cant get it to work. Under general tab, rename movie settings, clicked on movie during autoscrape.

Once scraped, and happy with the title, then r-click the movie and select 'Rename selected movie(s) in list' and then choose from
Movie and folder
Movie Only
Folder Only

These are the steps I was missing. So if I scrape the wrong movie, is the only option using the change movie tab to get the correct one?
(2017-09-17, 23:32)Edworld Wrote:
(2017-09-17, 22:51)vbat99 Wrote:

Movie and folder
Movie Only
Folder Only

These are the steps I was missing. So if I scrape the wrong movie, is the only option using the change movie tab to get the correct one?

Yes, or alter the filename or folder to improve results.
I assume you are using the folder name for scraping the movie title? (only as your earlier post mentioned movie.mkv and wanting to go to <movietitle> (year).mkv
And that you have the option Use Foldername for scraping enabled.

I find enabling the XBMC TMDB scraper returns higher success rate.

With MC's IMDb scraper, after 50 or so movies scraped in a row, MC starts to hit scrape errors due to Bot attack filtering on Google and IMDb. Then, MC almost always return one specific movie title no matter what the actual movie is.
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-09-17, 22:51)vbat99 Wrote: Once scraped, and happy with the title, then r-click the movie and select 'Rename selected movie(s) in list' and then choose from
Movie and folder
Movie Only
Folder Only
I can get it to rename folder but not movie

Settings:
Scraper tab - click on use tmdb xmbc scraper, click on use folder name for scraping,
General tab - unclick on folders during autoscrape, unclick on movie during autoscrape, click on enable manual movie renaming.
(2017-09-18, 00:54)Edworld Wrote:
(2017-09-17, 22:51)vbat99 Wrote: Once scraped, and happy with the title, then r-click the movie and select 'Rename selected movie(s) in list' and then choose from
Movie and folder
Movie Only
Folder Only

Settings:
Scraper tab - click on use tmdb xmbc scraper, click on use folder name for scraping,
General tab - unclick on folders during autoscrape, unclick on movie during autoscrape, click on enable manual movie renaming.

By chance do you have Basic Save mode enabled?
ie: Save files as "movie.nfo", "fanart.jpg" & "movie.tbn" if Eden or "poster.jpg" if Frodo onwards has a tick
This in in Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab, middle bottom.

If so, then MC will keep the video files in movie.mkv format.
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-09-18, 03:14)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-09-18, 00:54)Edworld Wrote:
Movie and folder
Movie Only
Folder Only

Settings:

By chance do you have Basic Save mode enabled?
ie: Save files as "movie.nfo", "fanart.jpg" & "movie.tbn" if Eden or "poster.jpg" if Frodo onwards has a tick
This in in Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab, middle bottom.

If so, then MC will keep the video files in movie.mkv format.

I do...

Thanks for looking into it
(2017-09-18, 04:12)Edworld Wrote: I do...

Thanks for looking into it

I did notice in testing this, that the artwork is not renamed correctly from fanart.jpg, poster.jpg to
<moviename>-fanart.jpg
<moviename>-poster.jpg.

I have committed a fix for this, so this will be in the next release....this thursday/friday.

Cheers.
Media Companion Dev.
New Release.

Media Companion 3.679b

MC updated to using TVDB V2 Api.
With this release, MC has been switched to using a mixture of TVDb V2 api, and V1 api. V1 api was to be phased out as of 1st October 2017, but this has been suspended till they work out some bugs.
But work was needed to update MC to the new V2 api, and in this release I am please to announce that the majority of code change has been completed.

There will be bugs (I apologise now), so it is very important to post up any found issues, with steps to reproduce, ASAP. Issues should now be reported at MC's Ticket page on SourceForge
My suggestion would be to keep your previous version of MC available so you can fall back to it if there are any dire problems.

At this time, mc_com.exe still is using V1 api, but the new changes in MC will allow me to get mc_com.exe to use the same routines as Media Companion.exe, making maintaining the code easier. Also, a lot of artwork coded in Media Companion still needs changing to V2 api as time permits.

This release will be the last release to be loaded to Codeplex. Next release will be solely available on Media Companions new home at SourceForge

New:
  • TV - Switch Series Scraping to API V2 code.
  • TV - Switch Change Series to API V2 routine.
  • TV - Switch Rescrape Series to API V2 routine.
  • TV - Switch Episode scrape and Episode Rescrape to API V2.
  • TV - Switch Tv Batch Rescrape Wizard to API V2 routines.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Fix MPAA, UK and USA Certs from IMDB.
  • Movie - rename existing poster.jpg to <moviename>-poster.jpg. Options was accidentally removed.
  • Movie - Fix if movie was originally scraped in Basic Save mode, and user renaming video file in MC.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.679b x86 & x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
vbat99,

Having an issue with tvshows-delete NFO's and artwork, can't get any of the 3 options to work

Sorry if it is user error.
  • 267(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10