• 273(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2017-11-22, 19:54)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-11-22, 18:46)kuddel Wrote: good evening,

still encountering problems with scraping tv-series on themoviedb.com

getting this error message:

Initializing TMDB...Searching for series: Nils Holgerssons wunderbare Reise
Series Found: Nils Holgerssons wunderbare Reise : Id (TMDb): (60630)
Error - Running action [Scrape TVDb Series Main Body] threw [Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er darf nicht negativ und kleiner als die Sammlung sein.
Parametername: index]

Any ideas?

greetings

As TMDb scraping is still new, I would expect the odd bug. I will investigate and see what is throwing this error.
Please confirm, you have selected German as the scrape language? 
 yes, I can confirm that: german selected
(2017-11-22, 19:51)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-11-21, 22:22)bobrap Wrote:  Seems my system is a little wacky.  Did a complete fresh install of Win10 and have the same problem.  Don't believe it's MC.  If I have any other program running, like browser, it switches to that unless it's minimized.  If all other programs are minimized, normal behavior.  Don't know where this came from.. Strange indeed.

The sets thing is ok, I think.  Deleted the cache file and scraped ID and info again and seems to be fine.
Is there a setting somewhere for setting ignore articles?  Say I only want to ignore "The" and not "A" or "An".

Look at the Common Settings tab in Preferences, There you can select which prefix to ignore.

As for the Movie Set Cache losing set history, I am working on improving this with a separate Movie Set Database, away from Media Companion folder, as a look-up database for collection info.
More on that later. 
 I think I didn't explain myself very well.  I was referring to renaming a movie.  Selecting/unselecting the ignore article only determines how a movie is displayed in the list.  "A Bridge Too Far" is always named "Bridge too Far, A" because "A" is considered an ignore article and selected to move to the end of the title.  What I am looking for is to be able to select article to be applied to both sort and rename.  Hope I'm making sense (had a few beers Smile)
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2017-11-23, 02:49)bobrap Wrote:
(2017-11-22, 19:51)vbat99 Wrote: Look at the Common Settings tab in Preferences, There you can select which prefix to ignore.

As for the Movie Set Cache losing set history, I am working on improving this with a separate Movie Set Database, away from Media Companion folder, as a look-up database for collection info.
More on that later. 
 I think I didn't explain myself very well.  I was referring to renaming a movie.  Selecting/unselecting the ignore article only determines how a movie is displayed in the list.  "A Bridge Too Far" is always named "Bridge too Far, A" because "A" is considered an ignore article and selected to move to the end of the title.  What I am looking for is to be able to select article to be applied to both sort and rename.  Hope I'm making sense (had a few beers Smile)

I am not sure if the options in Common settings set the specific ignore article for renaming. Will have to check this out.
Unfortunately I am under the weather at the moment, so give me a couple of days to get the cotton out of my head.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2017-11-23, 04:03)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-11-23, 02:49)bobrap Wrote:
(2017-11-22, 19:51)vbat99 Wrote: Look at the Common Settings tab in Preferences, There you can select which prefix to ignore.

More on that later. 
 I think I didn't explain myself very well.  I was referring to renaming a movie.  Selecting/unselecting the ignore article only determines how a movie is displayed in the list.  "A Bridge Too Far" is always named "Bridge too Far, A" because "A" is considered an ignore article and selected to move to the end of the title.  What I am looking for is to be able to select article to be applied to both sort and rename.  Hope I'm making sense (had a few beers Smile

I am not sure if the options in Common settings set the specific ignore article for renaming. Will have to check this out.
Unfortunately I am under the weather at the moment, so give me a couple of days to get the cotton out of my head. 
No hurry.  Take care of you first.  While you're looking at renaming, anyway to get the same kind of renaming scheme added to the TV side?
(2017-11-22, 19:52)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-11-22, 05:41)artistwantab Wrote: I am excited after installing the latest build.  

Finally a "delete folder" option but sadly it doesn't seem to work for me.

Wondering if I have a permissions issue?

I have seen this option, but am unsure who added it or how it works. I will check and let you know very soon. 
Thanks!
(2017-11-22, 23:32)kuddel Wrote:
(2017-11-22, 19:54)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-11-22, 18:46)kuddel Wrote: good evening,

still encountering problems with scraping tv-series on themoviedb.com

getting this error message:

Initializing TMDB...Searching for series: Nils Holgerssons wunderbare Reise
Series Found: Nils Holgerssons wunderbare Reise : Id (TMDb): (60630)
Error - Running action [Scrape TVDb Series Main Body] threw [Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er darf nicht negativ und kleiner als die Sammlung sein.
Parametername: index]

Any ideas?

greetings

As TMDb scraping is still new, I would expect the odd bug. I will investigate and see what is throwing this error.
Please confirm, you have selected German as the scrape language? 
 yes, I can confirm that: german selected

Apologies for delay, but I have found and fixed the problem causing this error.
Fix will be available in the next release.
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-11-22, 05:41)artistwantab Wrote: I am excited after installing the latest build.  

Interestingly I can not find a "Delete Folder" option. Can you advise where this is in Media Companion?
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-11-23, 14:52)bobrap Wrote:
(2017-11-23, 04:03)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-11-23, 02:49)bobrap Wrote:  I think I didn't explain myself very well.  I was referring to renaming a movie.  Selecting/unselecting the ignore article only determines how a movie is displayed in the list.  "A Bridge Too Far" is always named "Bridge too Far, A" because "A" is considered an ignore article and selected to move to the end of the title.  What I am looking for is to be able to select article to be applied to both sort and rename.  Hope I'm making sense (had a few beers Smile

No hurry.  Take care of you first.  While you're looking at renaming, anyway to get the same kind of renaming scheme added to the TV side?

So I have checked and the rename function moves all articles.
I have added an option to either movie all articles, or to move articles as per the options selected in Common Settings (ie display options)

About the best I can do as we have such limited space in that area for preferences.

It'll be available in the next release.
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-11-25, 22:38)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-11-23, 14:52)bobrap Wrote:
(2017-11-23, 04:03)vbat99 Wrote: I am not sure if the options in Common settings set the specific ignore article for renaming. Will have to check this out.

So I have checked and the rename function moves all articles.
I have added an option to either movie all articles, or to move articles as per the options selected in Common Settings (ie display options)

About the best I can do as we have such limited space in that area for preferences.

It'll be available in the next release. 
Thanks.  Sounds like that will work just fine.  Is this going to be just for movies or will it apply to TV as well.  Haven't a clue about regex!
Well, as TV hasn't got renaming ....yet, TV will be for display only.

Sent from my SM-G900I
Media Companion Dev.
hey guys, im starting to save the movies Extra like deleted scenes and features, the problem that im having is that media companion when scan the folder don't realize that is extras and download actors and thumb fanart etc, is there a way to tell media companion to ignore the extra folders or is a better way to deal whit this, thanks in advanced
Yes there is.
Put the extra stuff in a folder, say called extras.
Them in common preferences add the name of the folder to the exclude from scanning section.
see https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion/wiki/PrefCom/

Keep the same folder name for all extra stuff, and mediacompanion will pass over that folder

Sent from my SM-G900I
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-11-27, 07:35)vbat99 Wrote: Yes there is.
Put the extra stuff in a folder, say called extras.
Them in common preferences add the name of the folder to the exclude from scanning section.
see https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion/wiki/PrefCom/

Keep the same folder name for all extra stuff, and mediacompanion will pass over that folder

Sent from my SM-G900I
thank you that did it
(2017-11-25, 21:29)vbat99 Wrote:

Interestingly I can not find a "Delete Folder" option. Can you advise where this is in Media Companion? 
Go to Movie Preferences

Then General Tap. 

Very bottom option on the left - "Enable 'Delete Movie Folder' Context Folder"

Then Right Click Movie and "Delete Movie Folder" Option

V 3.6.8.8.
(2017-11-28, 07:18)artistwantab Wrote: Interestingly I can not find a "Delete Folder" option. Can you advise where this is in Media Companion? 
Go to Movie Preferences

Then General Tap. 

Very bottom option on the left - "Enable 'Delete Movie Folder' Context Folder"

Then Right Click Movie and "Delete Movie Folder" Option

V 3.6.8.8.
[/quote]

Argh, right. Little trick here, you must have Use Foldernames option enabled for the Delete folder function to work.
As well as on General Tab, enable Get Folder size for Movie(s)

Only then can you delete a movie in its own folder.

But be cautious. I am not responsible for loss of files.
Media Companion Dev.
  • 273(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10