• 292(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
Hey, Rob,
Was having a look and different add-ons and the naming conventions that Kodi uses.  Seems that Artwork Beef is the go to now instead of artwork downloader.  Is there any chance of getting these artwork filenames synchronized?  MC extrafanart is "4yjJNAgXBmzxpS6sogj4ftwd270.jpg".  Kodi and AB is fanart 1, fanart 2, etc.  MC logo vs clearlogo, disc vs discart.  Would be nice is everything used the same names.  Appreciate you taking a look.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2018-05-25, 19:45)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob,
Was having a look and different add-ons and the naming conventions that Kodi uses.  Seems that Artwork Beef is the go to now instead of artwork downloader.  Is there any chance of getting these artwork filenames synchronized?  MC extrafanart is "4yjJNAgXBmzxpS6sogj4ftwd270.jpg".  Kodi and AB is fanart 1, fanart 2, etc.  MC logo vs clearlogo, disc vs discart.  Would be nice is everything used the same names.  Appreciate you taking a look.

I haven't used ArtworkBeef myself yet.
And you know that MC use to do it that way, fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg etc, and I had to change it to "4yjJNAgXBmzxpS6sogj4ftwd270.jpg". Sigh, I can change this back, shouldn't be too much of an issue.

As for Clearlogo and Logo, Fanart.TV lists both these formats. Not sure which is correct.

And then, I have to think of compatability for users that have the images saved as currently, against if these formats are changed...And if they are also using Artwork Beef.
Oh Fun.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
New Release.
Media Companion 3.709

Bug fixes

Note: SourceForge is taking longer than usual to update the Download button on Media Companion's home page to the latest version, so if the link offers Media Companion 3.708b, please go to Folders, MC 3.708b folder and download from that location.

New:

Fixed:
  • Movie - Correctly process Title, original title, sort title for TitleCase and Ignore Articles.
  • Movie - Correctly handle apostrophe to Title, original title, AKA titles.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.709b x86 & x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
(2018-05-25, 23:46)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-05-25, 19:45)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob,

I haven't used ArtworkBeef myself yet.
And you know that MC use to do it that way, fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg etc, and I had to change it to "4yjJNAgXBmzxpS6sogj4ftwd270.jpg". Sigh, I can change this back, shouldn't be too much of an issue.

As for Clearlogo and Logo, Fanart.TV lists both these formats. Not sure which is correct.

And then, I have to think of compatability for users that have the images saved as currently, against if these formats are changed...And if they are also using Artwork Beef.
Oh Fun. 
Appreciate you changing it back.  Don't envy you dealing with people who may not want to change/rename a lot of their artwork.  It seems Artwork Beef is going to be way things are done/named.  A lot of skinners appear to be incorporating it into there skins.  Another thing that it does different is with sets.  Instead of just putting the files in a set directory, it creates a sub folder for each set and, I think, uses a different naming convention.  I was thinking of going to his thread and ask for a "no sub folder" option.  As for the logo and disc, I believe that Kodi exports them as clearlogo and discart.  Really appreciate you flexibility on this.
There is an ongoing effort to harmonize and standardize the use of art including so-called "extended art" in Kodi.  The wiki Artwork (wiki) is being used as the standard.  It's still evolving and there are a couple PRs against Kodi master needed for Kodi to pick up local and in some cases scraped art during scans, without need of addons.  At this point it appears that an option might exist to either pull extrafanart/extrathumb into the library using standardized names like fanart1 fanart2, or retain the current system of just using subfolders within media folders that don't get added to the library, instead are directly pulled by skins in multiimage controls.

Update:  keep in mind many of these changes will break Krypton skins.

scott s.
Next release will correctly name extraFanart and extraThumbs, and in the debug tab, an option to fix all filenames to correct Kodi format for these art files.

As for Logo and disc, from the Wiki I see logo.png and disc.png are accepted, but clearlogo.png and discart.png are preferred.
Artwork Beef should also support these older file naming conventions for compatability purposes.

I will introduce changes in MC after the next release to name these files clearlogo.png and discart.png, and also add a fix filename function for the older naming convention.

As for movie set art, I did not get a definitive answer as to if a Central movie set artwork folder can be added to Artwork Beef.
Also, I am unsure as to the Wiki if the artwork needs to be named movieset-fanart.jpg or <movie_set_name>-fanart.jpg

And as Movie Set Artwork Automater uses a different format for Movie Set artwork, which method should I proceed with.
Media Companion Dev.
Rob,  AB does support a central folder for moviset artwork.  What it does is create a sub folder with the set name I.E. "Kickboxer (Reboot) Collection" and files are named "poster.jpg, fanart.jpg, etc".  There is no option to just use file names.

Had a question/request for file naming.  Is there any chance that tv naming could be like for movies?  Get rid of regex.  I don't have a degree in regex and can't for the life of me figure it out.  I like to put the audio and video meta data in the file name (Anal, I know Smile)  Appreciate the changes you're making to get things a little more standardized.

Is more complete tv/movie integration with Kodi still a wish and a prayer?
(2018-05-31, 15:31)bobrap Wrote: Rob,  AB does support a central folder for moviset artwork.  What it does is create a sub folder with the set name I.E. "Kickboxer (Reboot) Collection" and files are named "poster.jpg, fanart.jpg, etc".  There is no option to just use file names.
So your saying we have a Central movie set folder, and then for each movie set, a sub folder is created, containing the artwork?
I may have to make that an option for users, as I still use MPAA for MovieSet artwork.

(2018-05-31, 15:31)bobrap Wrote: Had a question/request for file naming.  Is there any chance that tv naming could be like for movies?  Get rid of regex.  I don't have a degree in regex and can't for the life of me figure it out.  I like to put the audio and video meta data in the file name (Anal, I know Smile)  Appreciate the changes you're making to get things a little more standardized.

Yep, regex is a tricky so and so.

At present, Episode renaming doesn't support any method of adding metadata to the episode filename. I can have a look, but will have to think of a good method to implement this.

??more complete tv/movie integration?? Is this in regards to xbmc link? or something else?
Media Companion Dev.
(2018-06-01, 03:23)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-05-31, 15:31)bobrap Wrote: Rob,  AB does support a central folder for moviset artwork.  What it does is create a sub folder with the set name I.E. "Kickboxer (Reboot) Collection" and files are named "poster.jpg, fanart.jpg, etc".  There is no option to just use file names.
So your saying we have a Central movie set folder, and then for each movie set, a sub folder is created, containing the artwork?
I may have to make that an option for users, as I still use MPAA for MovieSet artwork.

(2018-05-31, 15:31)bobrap Wrote: Had a question/request for file naming.  Is there any chance that tv naming could be like for movies?  Get rid of regex.  I don't have a degree in regex and can't for the life of me figure it out.  I like to put the audio and video meta data in the file name (Anal, I know Smile)  Appreciate the changes you're making to get things a little more standardized.

At present, Episode renaming doesn't support any method of adding metadata to the episode filename. I can have a look, but will have to think of a good method to implement this.

??more complete tv/movie integration?? Is this in regards to xbmc link? or something else?

Correct on the movie set. I was hoping a naming scheme like movies, using things like $T. Lastly, yeah on the xbmc link.
(2018-06-01, 04:12)bobrap Wrote:
(2018-06-01, 03:23)vbat99 Wrote:

Correct on the movie set. I was hoping a naming scheme like movies, using things like $T. Lastly, yeah on the xbmc link.

Movie set artwork, I'll add another option for naming of this art into a subfolder of Central movieset art folder.

I'll see what can be done on the episode renaming, might take a bit of time....

As for XBMC Link...that was AnotherPhil's coding. Just looking at it causes me a headache.
What might have to happen is an amalgamation of programs. Something like asking Milhouse nicely if Texturecache can be used for updating of Kodi, if fed data by Media Companion.... very very long shot.
Or I have to learn Json API for Kodi.
I really don't know how XBMC Link works. I know for Movies it is slow. There has to be a better way.
Media Companion Dev.
Sounds like a plan. For me, xbmc link is great for updating watched status. There’s an add-on that writes to nfos when the show/movie is watched. That works ok but it’s a bit old and I don’t think the creator still maintains it.
(2018-06-01, 04:56)bobrap Wrote: Sounds like a plan. For me, xbmc link is great for updating watched status. There’s an add-on that writes to nfos when the show/movie is watched. That works ok but it’s a bit old and I don’t think the creator still maintains it.
Any link to the add-on? probably written in Python which I know nothing about....(jon snow)...LOL.
Media Companion Dev.
(2018-06-01, 05:44)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-06-01, 04:56)bobrap Wrote: Sounds like a plan. For me, xbmc link is great for updating watched status. There’s an add-on that writes to nfos when the show/movie is watched. That works ok but it’s a bit old and I don’t think the creator still maintains it.
Any link to the add-on? probably written in Python which I know nothing about....(jon snow)...LOL.  
Here's a link to the last discussion about it  331592 (thread)
Since the upgrade when trying to edit the size of Fanart media companion crashes.

Everything else works great just thought I would let you know in case no else has noticed it.
What do you mean edit size of fanart? Selecting different fanart size from drop list in preferences, or editing the resolution XML file?
Media Companion Dev.
  • 292(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10