• 298(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2018-08-12, 00:18)chrissix Wrote: Rob, your Media Companion can also handle Video-TS format, nice! The correct renaming of the files is a bit tricky but it's working well.
Except the movie lengh is always 1 min. Usually when using my .mkv's (h264) it's correcting lenth to .nfo when playing in kodi, here not.
Think that's more a kodi dependend thing.

This was the only way i got Video-TS working with Media Companion and also Kodi the right way:
Folder Path: 
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)
In Folder: 
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\links
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\themes
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\trailer
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\folder.jpg
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)-theme.mp3
In VIDEO_TS folder:
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\.actors
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\extrafanart
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\extrathumbs
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\folder.jpg
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-banner.jpg
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-clearlogo.png
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-discart.png
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-fanart.jpg
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-landscape.jpg
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-poster.jpg
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-trailer-thumb.jpg
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-trailer.mp4
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.BUP
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.nfo
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.BUP
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.IFO
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_3.VOB
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_4.VOB
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_5.VOB

Is this the right way? To avoid VIDEO_TS subfolder and also renaming of VIDEO_TS was not possible to get positive results.
This was the correct way as of the last dozen versions of Kodi, but, things change and I can't always keep up.
I'll look into the DVD structure again and see what Kodi expects the file naming to be.

Quote:____

Of 95% of db using .mkv (h264) beside few examples of VIDEO_TS i'm also using exact 3 movies (1 Collection) with BDMV

The folder and file structure to get it to work is very confusing, but
when i get it to work wich MediaCompanion, then Kodi can't handle it.
and when i get it to work wich Kodi, then MediaCompanion can't handle it.
Of course i choose the way Kodi can handle it.
The only workaround is to create an "pseudo/placebo/fake" video file to the movies, scrape/rescrape it, delete this file, refresh the entries in kodi, play it in kodi to get correct media tags to .nfo.
Kodi can handle it all perfect like all other entries i have, but in MediaCompanion the 3 movies are not shown, although correct .nfo's are there.

This causes kodi db count is always +3 compared to MediaCompanion

(Confusing) Folder structure get it to work in kodi (but no .nfo showing in MediaCompanion):
Folder Path:
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)
In Folder:
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)-banner.jpg
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)-clearart.png
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)-clearlogo.png
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)-discart.png
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)-landscape.jpg
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\folder.jpg
In BDMV Folder:
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\.actors
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)-fanart.jpg
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)-poster.jpg
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)-trailer-thumb.jpg
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)-trailer.mp4
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997).bdmv
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997).nfo
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\BACKUP
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\CLIPINF
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\extrafanart
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\extrathumbs
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\folder.jpg
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\links
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\PLAYLIST
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\STREAM
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\trailer

Is that weird or is that weird? *gg*

Thanks 4 reply, greetings chris
(sry for: language, not an english native speaker, long text, if would have use pastebin for folder paths)
In regards to BDMV, I am not sure. I have only played with Bluray structure, which requires the nfo to be the index.nfo, matching the index.bdmv file.
The Movie plays from the Stream folder, and is usually the largest m2ts file.

I am not sure from your above file structure if this is Kodi compatible or MC compatible.
If you can advise me which is working and which is not, I will investigate further.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2018-08-18, 05:29)chrissix Wrote: Except the movie lengh is always 1 min.
If using the VIDEO_TS structure, then the playable file is VIDEO_TS.IFO. So Kodi is polling this file for stream information, and won't find any.

No matter what <fileinfo> <streamdetails> you add, Kodi won't read them from the NFO File. It will read them directly from the video file, so don't waste your time trying to get them correct in the NFO Files.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-08-18, 06:04)Karellen Wrote:
(2018-08-18, 05:29)chrissix Wrote: Except the movie lengh is always 1 min.
If using the VIDEO_TS structure, then the playable file is VIDEO_TS.IFO. So Kodi is polling this file for stream information, and won't find any.

No matter what <fileinfo> <streamdetails> you add, Kodi won't read them from the NFO File. It will read them directly from the video file, so don't waste your time trying to get them correct in the NFO Files.

You are correct, but not quite.
Kodi does read the Stream details from the Nfo, and will show this in the library...

But, Kodi will overwrite this information when the video file is first played.
Tested by changing the duration on an nfo from 150 seconds to 95000.
Refreshed movie in library and then Kodi shows Runtime as 1583 minutes.
Play movie, and Runtime changes back to 2 minutes in Kodi.

Same occurs for Video codec, channels, resolution etc.

Getting this data into the nfo correctly allows users to filter by these entries before playing of the video file occurs.
Media Companion Dev.
(2018-08-18, 05:29)vbat99 Wrote: I am not sure from your above file structure if this is Kodi compatible or MC compatible.
If you can advise me which is working and which is not, I will investigate further.

The above BDMV file system is the way kodi can handle it without problems (+additional stuff, .actors, trailer, extrafanarts...) and just as it is storaged in my db
Media Companion editing only possible with a fake/placebo video file, or i edit the .nfo myself

(2018-08-18, 06:04)Karellen Wrote: If using the VIDEO_TS structure, then the playable file is VIDEO_TS.IFO. So Kodi is polling this file for stream information, and won't find any.

Didn't know that, great thanks thanks for the education.
I know VIDEO_TS is more than outdated... i suppose that it works at all is more kind of a Legacy support.
Admittedly, of course I thought "if any other media player can show the correct runtime why not Kodi too"

(2018-08-18, 06:04)Karellen Wrote: No matter what <fileinfo> <streamdetails> you add, Kodi won't read them from the NFO File. It will read them directly from the video file, so don't waste your time trying to get them correct in the NFO Files.

I hope that nobody will have missed that, who's already playing around with .nfo's for a while
____

Hope you all had a nice holiday too!

regards
Actually @vbat99 is correct. I made the silly mistake of quickly testing a .txt file that I renamed to .mkv. Should have checked the wiki page instead Wink
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-08-18, 06:15)vbat99 Wrote: Getting this data into the nfo correctly allows users to filter by these entries before playing of the video file occurs.

Indeed, when googling though .nfo threads, one of the highly requested topics.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.713b

Bug fixes mainly

New:
  • TV - New option if series scraped from TMDb, allow get Plot from IMDb if present and if IMDb Id present.

Fixed:
  • mc_com - Fix no movies found if scraping Movies.
  • TV - Wrap get actors tvdb in error catch.
  • TV - Fix getting seasonwide if no images available.
  • TV - Fix actor images from TVDB.
  • MC - Fix some proxy issues.
  • MC - Update mediainfo.dll from 0.7.91.0 to 18.5.0.0. Fixes audio channel count issue and much more.
  • Movie - Fix Votes and ratings from IMDb.
  • Movie - Set TMDb as default Movie scraper.
  • Movie - Change 'Credits' to 'Writers (Credits)' in Batch rescrape Wizard.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.713b x86 & x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
Hey Rob,
Thanks for the latest release.  Had a question about the new tv feature.  I am assuming that it is based on my feature request?  Is this supposed to be a tv or movie option?  I saw that I asked for this right after mentioning tv stuff.  I was hoping for this on the tv side.  Sorry if I was vague with me request.

Had another question more about personal preferences.  I'm trying to figure out the benefits of using a central folder for actors vs along side the show/movie.  Does Kodi read one better/easier than the other.  Space savings because of duplicates?  Just wondering.  Thanks again.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
The TV series plot from IMDb was from your request it should be under TV preferences just select it. As long as the Series to scrape from TMDb and the series has a IMDb Id allocated then you'll get the plot from IMDb

In regards to the central Actor Folder, this is more of a space saver and saves on having duplicate actors especially if you have movies like the Avengers Age of Ultron, Infinity wars etc, having actors in each movie folder, or Central folder saves storage.
As for Kodi, I don't think it makes much of a difference except for thumbnail storage... possibly the database, but unsure how Kodi manages actors in its database.
Media Companion Dev.
I don't know where my head is at and I haven't had a drink!  My request for the IMDB plot was for movies not tv (sorry).  So sorry for the confusion.
(2018-08-20, 03:34)bobrap Wrote: I don't know where my head is at and I haven't had a drink!  My request for the IMDB plot was for movies not tv (sorry).  So sorry for the confusion.

That is Bizarre, I thought we did have that option, but it is only outline.
Clicking the Select button below the word plot, does get the IMDB and TMDb plots that users can select from.

OK, I'll add this to the options and figure of the code.

Next release for sure.
Media Companion Dev.
Thanks, I appreciate what you do.  Sorry for the dumb ass on my part! Rofl
hey vbat99, i have the last version 3.7.1.3 and it wont scrap Director, writer, studio, country, do you know if is there any problem or just me

thanks
I have been notified of this is seems IMDb have done some more changes so I'll have to update mediacompanion soon
Media Companion Dev.
ok thanks, i also having this problem, well is no a problem but i have select to scrap 4k fanart as default, but still get the 1980 fanart, is there a setting that im i have to change to make this happen?

this is my setting

• 298(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10