• 323(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
As I have all my nfo files created already for my movies I'm only missing the extra ratings (RT, Meta)

Is there a way to use Media companion to batch scrape all RT ratings and add them to existing nfo files?

I only need MC to add the ratings to the nfo and keep the existing info.

I guess I need to disable everything in MC except the ratings will this work?

Thanks
(2019-02-09, 01:44)the_bo Wrote: As I have all my nfo files created already for my movies I'm only missing the extra ratings (RT, Meta)

Is there a way to use Media companion to batch scrape all RT ratings and add them to existing nfo files?

I only need MC to add the ratings to the nfo and keep the existing info.

I guess I need to disable everything in MC except the ratings will this work?

Thanks
Batch scrape option top left corner
(2019-02-08, 20:40)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-02-08, 04:12)melons2 Wrote: Can somebody please tell me, I Did search first and can’t find the answer, to these  2 question questions:

If the default naming isn’t "discart.png" or for movie and audio disks how do I change it to this?
as @Edworld mentioned, this is under the 'Debug' tab.
(2019-02-08, 04:12)melons2 Wrote: And I have noticed that at the end of an Search it will come back and say that it couldn’t scrape a particular movie but it still puts in the NFO file in the directory which then makes it hard for my other media scraping program to see that it needs to be done, how can I change this?
Mixing media managers, hmmmm, this can cause some issues in itself. But, if you need to find the latest scraped movies, use the sort box and select 'By Date Added. This will bring the latest scraped to the top of the list.

Quesitons, what is missing from Media Companion that means you need another media manager program?
Just curious if there is a feature that might be beneficial to all, that I could add to Media Companion. 
 I would like to be able to change naming: for instance if Media Companion's default for disc art is "movie name-disc.png" I would like to be able to change it to whatever I like such as "discart.png".
Media Companion puts an nfo in all movie folders, one's it can't scrape and tells you in the log and with other programs if they can't identify a movie for instance because the years wrong it will tell you, allow you edit it and re-scrape.  In the end though the other programs do not leave an nfo in the movie folder if it can't be identified. The incorrectly left nfo fools KODI into thinking a different movie is there.
Hi all,
I need some help please. How do I scrape a movie twice?
What  I mean by that is, I have Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets & also Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets Extended version,
is there a way to scrape both movies? Will both movies show in the list? What I'm thinking is if I try to scrape the 2nd movie, it's going
to overwrite the 1st movie & I still have only 1 movie in my list.
Thanks for any help.
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
(2019-02-09, 19:46)JanM201 Wrote: Hi all,
What  I mean by that is, I have Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets & also Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets Extended version,
is there a way to scrape both movies? Will both movies show in the list? What I'm thinking is if I try to scrape the 2nd movie, it's going
Thanks for any help.
I scraped the extended movie first, created the NFO and locked the file in windows. I then scraped the theatrical....
(2019-02-09, 14:46)melons2 Wrote:  I would like to be able to change naming: for instance if Media Companion's default for disc art is "movie name-disc.png" I would like to be able to change it to whatever I like such as "discart.png".
On Movie Preferences, Artwork Tab, there is the option to "Save Fanart.TV artwork as <moviename>-artwork". Uncheck this option to have the Fanart.TV artwork like "discart.png", "logo.png" etc, saved without the movie title prefix.
(2019-02-09, 14:46)melons2 Wrote: Media Companion puts an nfo in all movie folders, one's it can't scrape and tells you in the log and with other programs if they can't identify a movie for instance because the years wrong it will tell you, allow you edit it and re-scrape.  In the end though the other programs do not leave an nfo in the movie folder if it can't be identified. The incorrectly left nfo fools KODI into thinking a different movie is there.
MC doesn't give the user the option Mid-Scrape to select a different movie Title. MC is trying to get higher accuracy and automation. Which is why the nfo is saved when no movie is found.
MC can't determine if the incorrect movie is found, I don't think any media manager or Kodi can guess that the wrong movie was found.

Which is where checking after the scrape, is standard procedure.
But, if you want no nfo, then look at Movie Preferences, Scraper tab, at bottom middle. Check the option "If failed scraped, do NOT save an nfo file!"
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2019-02-09, 19:46)JanM201 Wrote: Hi all,
Thanks for any help.

Media Companion can handle duplicate movies with Extended-Edition, Directors-Cut etc.
Look at Movie Preferences, Advanced tab. You can see a list of 'Separate Movie Identifier' namings.
Have these namings in the title of the video file, and MC will scrape them as separate movies, keeping this identifier in the title.
eg:
Avatar Extended-Edition (2009).mkv

All the above will scrape independently and be listed in MC (and Kodi) as separate movies.

You can also add your own identifier to MC. Just Note, no spaces between words, use a hyphen symbol.
Media Companion Dev.
Thank you very very much. Rofl
(2019-02-09, 22:07)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-02-09, 14:46)melons2 Wrote:  I would like to be able to change naming: for instance if Media Companion's default for disc art is "movie name-disc.png" I would like to be able to change it to whatever I like such as "discart.png".
On Movie Preferences, Artwork Tab, there is the option to "Save Fanart.TV artwork as <moviename>-artwork". Uncheck this option to have the Fanart.TV artwork like "discart.png", "logo.png" etc, saved without the movie title prefix.
(2019-02-09, 14:46)melons2 Wrote: Media Companion puts an nfo in all movie folders, one's it can't scrape and tells you in the log and with other programs if they can't identify a movie for instance because the years wrong it will tell you, allow you edit it and re-scrape.  In the end though the other programs do not leave an nfo in the movie folder if it can't be identified. The incorrectly left nfo fools KODI into thinking a different movie is there.
MC doesn't give the user the option Mid-Scrape to select a different movie Title. MC is trying to get higher accuracy and automation. Which is why the nfo is saved when no movie is found.
MC can't determine if the incorrect movie is found, I don't think any media manager or Kodi can guess that the wrong movie was found.

Which is where checking after the scrape, is standard procedure.
But, if you want no nfo, then look at Movie Preferences, Scraper tab, at bottom middle. Check the option "If failed scraped, do NOT save an nfo file!" 
 Thank you and as I enabled your suggestions I noticed many features that had escaped me. I will try to speed up my learning curve!
Again, thank you very much.........
Problem: 
Some ratings/reviews data is only added in Kodi 18 - MQ 7 after doing a manual reload of each movie. 

This includes:
  • Number of review for RT critic reviews score
  • Number of votes for RT user votes
  • Critics Consensus (Wich is actually populated with a plot outline once I reload, and never the actual critics consensus, but that is fine)

Cause:
This is a bit of speculation but I think this is caused by the initial scraping of the movie directory (using Universal Movie Scraper and having a movie.nfo file with metacritics, tmdb and imdb votes in each movie folder) does not automatically use the Metadata and Artwork module for populating the RT votes/reviews and critics consensus data.

Example 1 - Before manual reload: This is what a movie looks like after automatic scraping with Universal Movie Scraper and the NFO file that was made by Media Companion 3

Example 2 - After manual reload: This is what a movie looks like after a manual reload, using the Reload button in the KODI UI

Important notes:
I have the API keys for TMDB, Fanart.tv and OMDB added in Media Companion 3
I have the API keys for TMDB, Fanart.tv and OMDB added in The Metadata and artwork module
I have the API key for OMDB added in Universal Movie Scraper

In conclusion 
Going through all my movies and doing a manual reload of each of them, would fix this issue, but would take forever. Also, I am working on a video guide for the perfect KODI setup (using Media Companion 3) and I would like to not have a step called "now go reload each movie manually". 

So I need some way for Kodi to do this part automatically, without me having to reload each movie manually OR I need a way for Media Companion 3 to add the missing data to my NFO files, so they are added correctly in to Kodi automatically. 

Ps. Here is an example of what the rating portion of my NFO files look like
nfo:

<ratings>
        <rating name="imdb" max="10" default="true">
            <value>7.8</value>
            <votes>212,809</votes>
        </rating>
        <rating name="metacritic" max="10">
            <value>8.6</value>
            <votes>60</votes>
        </rating>
        <rating name="themoviedb" max="10">
            <value>7.3</value>
            <votes>3,229</votes>
        </rating>
    </ratings>
    <rating>7.8</rating>
    <votes>212,809</votes>
    <userrating>0</userrating>
    <metascore>8.6</metascore>
    <top250>0</top250>

Ok that's it. Sorry for the long post, but I think that's it. Any help on how to solve this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: Ok so after a bit more research I have found that what I am missing in my NFO is

NFO:

<rating name="tomatometerallcritics" max="10">
            <value>9.1</value>
            <votes>247</votes>
        </rating>
        <rating name="tomatometerallaudience" max="10">
            <value>8.0</value>
            <votes>480,933</votes>
        </rating>

Trying to fix that now...

Edit 2: 
Turns out I had not enabled the option to scrape rotten tomatoes scores in Media Companion...   (sad face). But now it works Smile 

The only think I am still struggeling with is the critics consensus, but I think that will be replaced with some more useful information in a future update of MQ 7 if I am not mistaking.
(2019-02-10, 16:15)koldtoft Wrote: Problem: 
Some ratings/reviews data is only added in Kodi 18 - MQ 7 after doing a manual reload of each movie. 

If you not want to refresh manual reload one by one you have to delete the whole db in kodi and read it new into it.
Read Post #925: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2820741
If you want to refresh your metadata from nfo, take a look at Updating or removing videos (wiki).

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Hi all,
Just a quick question, any help is appreciated.
I have 2 movies, Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone & Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone Extended.
The 1st one scrapes fine, but I can't get the second one to scrape with that title. It keeps returning
Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone Extended. Now I assume that's because TMDB only have the 1st title available.
There are images available for Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone, so I would like to be able to scrape that title.
Is there any way to do this? Hope I made sense above.
Thank you.
(2019-02-12, 14:16)JanM201 Wrote: I have 2 movies, Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone & Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone Extended.
The 1st one scrapes fine, but I can't get the second one to scrape with that title. It keeps returning
Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone Extended. Now I assume that's because TMDB only have the 1st title available.

@JanM201 

This text passage told me that the basic understanding of how scraping data work is still a little catching up and a few things were still misunderstood on your side.

Movie version handling is already very well developed by MediaCompanion and works very well. It is actually very well described in the MediaCompanion Wiki, but I assume you already read it before you posting.

For clarification:

No matter how many versions of a movie exist, there is only one entry (ID) in the scraper database.

That means if you have a second or third version of a movie, you will always get the same data as the original version. The data is only a duplicate. To make a different version from the original version distinguishable for you, you have to edit it yourself. (Version suffix for file and movie title)
___

Basic Way:

If your file is called "Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone Extended" MediaCompanion is searching vor exact this title, believes but extended belongs to the title and therefore finds nothing.
Just click on "Change Movie -> IMDB -> Search the movie in searchline -> Click on it -> ok -> then its scraping the Movie (the original version cause we learned there exist no data of other versions)
Then add to the title your version suffix manual (or/and also in originaltitle and sorttitle) -> done.

A other way:

Call your movie file first the same name as original version, scrape it. It will find the movie cause the version suffix is no longer a hindrance to matching. Then rename file as you want and the same name to the .nfo. 
Click refresh on MediaCompanion -> done
(Then the same steps as above, add to the title your version suffix manual (or/and also in originaltitle and sorttitle)

The way for professionals:

Media Companion has already considered all this:
Make a list of all the version suffixes you have ever come across or will be accommodated.
Then type in there:

and there

From now on the movie version suffixes will be ignored on scrape process.
(Then the same steps as above, add to the title your version suffix manual (or/and also in originaltitle and sorttitle)
_____

More tips to differentiate between versions:

-> Moviefile version suffix and Movietitle version suffix hope is now declared.

-> Furthermore, the film lengths also play a role. The length can be scanned via the database or via the file. If you scrape across the database, all lengths will always be the same, only if you scrape the length over the file will you get different data. (Furthermore, there are movies different PAL or NTSC versions what the length can be variable anyway, so I recommend the length of the file.

-> There are cases where different versions of films sometimes show actors more or less. There is no solution for that. Either you live with it, or edit the actor manually into the .nfo and place an actor thumb. The same applies to different release dates.
____

I hope I could help you with your scraping learning curve, leave a thumbup if i could help.
The easiest way is for the second movie The Extended Edition, once it's gets scraped, in media companion you just go into the title bar and change the name to Philosopher's Stone Extended Edition hit save then rename the movie from mediacompanion
Media Companion Dev.
  • 323(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10