• 374(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
New Release.
Media Companion 3.749
Date: 2020-08-13

Change to Renaming Movies %A - no longer includes Channels, add %0 if you wish to have channel numbers. Fix SSL/TLS changes at TMDb

New:

Fixed:
  • MC - Hopefully final fix for some AC-3 or E-AC-3 stream codec to correctly be ac3 and eac3 respectively.
  • Movie - Assign stream details even if movie fails to scrape.
  • Movie - Rename %A change, now only Audio Codec. Does not include Channels, alter renaming to be %A %O if channel numbers required.
  • Movie - Fix glitch when changing movie from one collection to another, not transferring setid
  • Movie - Fix SSL/TLS handshake with TMDb.
  • mc_com - include profile name for Search new Movies.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.749b x86 & x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Hey, Rob.
Just a couple things.  Tried the latest renaming change and it doesn't seem to be working for me.  %A stills put channels.  Question about nfo files.  Is the first line "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>" necessary?  I ask because I use the metadata editor addon in Kodi and it removes that line when it updates the nfo.  Asked about it in that thread and haven't received an answer.  Gotta bug you again if TV show show renaming is ever going to change to be like movies?  Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2020-08-13, 21:28)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob.
Just a couple things.  Tried the latest renaming change and it doesn't seem to be working for me.  %A stills put channels. 
Thats odd, my tests didn't add the Channel numbers. Will have to check when finished work.
Quote:Question about nfo files.  Is the first line "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>" necessary?  I ask because I use the metadata editor addon in Kodi and it removes that line when it updates the nfo.  Asked about it in that thread and haven't received an answer.  Gotta bug you again if TV show show renaming is ever going to change to be like movies?  Thanks.

Yes, the line
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
is the standard for xml/nfo files
Quote:Asked about it in that thread and haven't received an answer.  Gotta bug you again if TV show show renaming is ever going to change to be like movies?  Thanks.
I haven't looked any further into Show renaming, but it still is on my list of sections to review/alter.

Cheers

Rob
Media Companion Dev.
vbat99,

ac3 tag now works properly.
(2020-08-13, 22:01)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-08-13, 21:28)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob.
Just a couple things.  Tried the latest renaming change and it doesn't seem to be working for me.  %A stills put channels. 
Thats odd, my tests didn't add the Channel numbers. Will have to check when finished work.

OOps, looks like I only applied the change to Folder renaming. Will alter the File Renaming also for the next release.
Media Companion Dev.
Just downloaded the latest because of a new way to download trailers....

"Download movie trailers from IMDB."

I keep getting this notice...   want to run.....   youtube-dl.exe

Over and Over
(2020-09-03, 08:16)artistwantab Wrote: Just downloaded the latest because of a new way to download trailers....

Over and Over

Not sure what you mean about 'new way do download trailers'
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-09-03, 10:55)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-09-03, 08:16)artistwantab Wrote: Just downloaded the latest because of a new way to download trailers....

Over and Over

When I opened this thread to check for an update the very first post started by you under "movie features include"

I figured you finally went around you-tube and found another site to download trailers.

But I keep getting this notice "youtube-dl.exe" with each trailer scraped and even when clicking Run I get nothing.

How to work around having to keep hitting run with each trailer scraped and default to IMDB or other Trailer site.
How do you get Media Companion to scan a .mpls file from a BDMV/PLAYLIST folder ?   I dragged an .mpls into Media Companion and nothing happened.
(2020-09-03, 17:20)artistwantab Wrote:
(2020-09-03, 10:55)vbat99 Wrote:

Over and Over

When I opened this thread to check for an update the very first post started by you under "movie features include"

I figured you finally went around you-tube and found another site to download trailers.

But I keep getting this notice "youtube-dl.exe" with each trailer scraped and even when clicking Run I get nothing.

How to work around having to keep hitting run with each trailer scraped and default to IMDB or other Trailer site.

Initial thread is not updated with the latest features, just with the latest version number.

As for Youtube-DL.exe asking permission, try running MC as Administrator to see if this goes away.
Else, Post up the message you are getting getting.
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-07-07, 18:33)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Is there an option to save extrafanart in movie folder and not extrafanart folder? Also related to extrafanart, I have been using an advancedsettings file for extrafanart. That file starts with fanart1 instead of fanart0 as it is with MC. Is there an option in MC to start with fanart1?

Is this eventually going to be an option since this is what V19 uses?  Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
vbat99,

I don't know if this is possible, but when you scrape 4k movies the source appears blank. Is it possible to add 4K?
(2020-09-18, 16:59)bobrap Wrote: Is this eventually going to be an option since this is what V19 uses?  Thanks.

Yes there is, but finding the time to get it completed is a challenge at present.
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-10-11, 17:11)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

I don't know if this is possible, but when you scrape 4k movies the source appears blank. Is it possible to add 4K?

Are you meaning 4K in the source box like "Webrip", "BDRip" etc? Cause 4K Isn't a source as such, but a resolution. Unless its a lower resolution from a 4K Source.
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-10-12, 06:41)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-10-11, 17:11)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Are you meaning 4K in the source box like "Webrip", "BDRip" etc? Cause 4K Isn't a source as such, but a resolution. Unless its a lower resolution from a 4K Source.

yes

My DVD mkv's files show up as DVD and Bluray mkv as bluray. Now I have some UHD mkv's but that box is blank
  • 374(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10