• 4(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2012-05-02, 22:27)dandirk Wrote: I thought I read there was some improper nfo tag used by ember/MC (at one point or another) for TVShows that caused XBMC to ignore any further importing.
So initial/first scrape of a TV Show would import properly, but if it was only a partial season and you added the missing episodes XBMC would fail to scrape them (even if MC/ember nfo was included/added).
Maybe this was an ember issue? Or not related to this discussion at all lol
You are correct; this was when the TV ID tag switched from IMDb to TheTVDb ID. This was some time ago now tho', so shouldn't be a problem now for new episodes (provided the show is ID'd properly).

(2012-05-02, 20:58)AgeOfPanic Wrote: No, the only thing I had setup Sickbeard to do was to notify XBMC of new episodes for tvshows that I had previously scraped using MC. However, the new episodes never appeared in XBMC.
OK, so it has become apparent that this is going to take a bit of effort to rectify. Could you please go over to the MC Codeplex site and log an issue? We gonna need more specific info about what is going on, I think.

(2012-05-02, 10:51)djenous Wrote: [tried with and without 'Use XBMC "TheTVDB" Scraper' - same result. Also tried overwriting old "instalation" of MC and making new folder with clean instalation of MC. When I hit search for new episodes or right click individual show and search new episodes MC finds new episodes, scraping shows for a very short time but nothing gets scraped. Did not have this problems with MC 3.4
Clean installation is good. Without XBMC scraper is good. No scraping is bad.
When you say MC 3.4, do you mean 3.400 or the latest beta (3.435b)? Just on the off-chance, 3.500 needs the .NET4.0 Windows update.
Could you please raise an issue at the MC Codeplex site (link on first post) if you are continuing to have problems.
(2012-05-02, 20:17)DDDamian Wrote: Just some kudo's on a great program - my sole tagger/nfo generator/sidekick for all my videos. Works great and I really like downloading the fanart/posters/banners locally.

Keep up the excellent work!
Thanks for the encouragement!
OK, I have a little bit more information about my problem and I'm starting to think this might be a XBMC problem. I removed all information MC scraped (nfo and tbn etc) and let XBMC scrape everything itself. Everything was fine and new episodes got scraped automatically. Then I removed the source, let MC rescrape everything, and readded the source to XBMC. XBMC uses all the information and metadata that MC scraped.
I added a new episode to my Series folder without MC scraping information about it. XBMC doesn't show the new episode after updating the library or scanning for new content. Then I let MC scrape the episode. XBMC still does not see the episode after updating the library, but it does after scanning the specific show for new content.
What do you think? A XBMC problem or a MC bug? I'd like to use MC, because I need to syncronize the thumbnails between multiple instances of XBMC and having a central folder on my Home Server is slowing the library down too much. Thank you.
(2012-05-02, 22:57)HueyHq Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 10:51)djenous Wrote: [tried with and without 'Use XBMC "TheTVDB" Scraper' - same result. Also tried overwriting old "instalation" of MC and making new folder with clean instalation of MC. When I hit search for new episodes or right click individual show and search new episodes MC finds new episodes, scraping shows for a very short time but nothing gets scraped. Did not have this problems with MC 3.4
Clean installation is good. Without XBMC scraper is good. No scraping is bad.
When you say MC 3.4, do you mean 3.400 or the latest beta (3.435b)? Just on the off-chance, 3.500 needs the .NET4.0 Windows update.
Could you please raise an issue at the MC Codeplex site (link on first post) if you are continuing to have problems.

switched back to 3.4.3.3 which is working fine, I already had .NET 4 installed so no idea what was wrong
(2012-05-03, 18:33)AgeOfPanic Wrote: OK, I have a little bit more information about my problem and I'm starting to think this might be a XBMC problem. I removed all information MC scraped (nfo and tbn etc) and let XBMC scrape everything itself. Everything was fine and new episodes got scraped automatically. Then I removed the source, let MC rescrape everything, and readded the source to XBMC. XBMC uses all the information and metadata that MC scraped.
I added a new episode to my Series folder without MC scraping information about it. XBMC doesn't show the new episode after updating the library or scanning for new content. Then I let MC scrape the episode. XBMC still does not see the episode after updating the library, but it does after scanning the specific show for new content.
What do you think? A XBMC problem or a MC bug? I'd like to use MC, because I need to syncronize the thumbnails between multiple instances of XBMC and having a central folder on my Home Server is slowing the library down too much. Thank you.

Interested in finding an answer for this one two, But in my testing, Dharma XBMC add everything to its library, where as I have the same issue your having with Eden XBMC. I'm running one installation of Dharma and one of Openelec Eden Beta 3.

And have two shows I need to scan for new content, and one show that misses episode 1 and 3 of season 11. Weird.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
From old MC thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53640&page=108
(2012-05-05, 20:34)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2012-04-17, 22:59)HueyHq Wrote:
(2012-04-17, 22:45)trpltongue Wrote: quick question,

Can MC be setup to "auto-scan" movie folders? I've been using media center master and it has a functionality whereby it monitors the movie folders and auto-scrapes when you add a new file or folder. Pretty slick, but the scraping leaves a bit to be desired. MC seems to have phenomenal scraping capability and flexibility but I just can't seem to see if there is a way to auto-scrape.
Not that I'm aware of. Do you mean as a background task?
We are busy trying to fix a few pressing issues at the moment, but once that is done, I am sure there would be some scope for some new features, and I think there is some potential for more automation!
I suggest you add a feature (um, issue; a dev has to change it to a feature) at the Media Companion site on CodePlex so we can keep track when it comes time to work on features!

i made a batch file that runs every 2 hours that update the software and then connections to my xbmc and initiate a library update.

scan.bat:
mc_com.exe -m
mc_com.exe -e

"D:\others\MediaCompanion\winscp437\winscp.com" /script="D:\others\MediaCompanion\winscp437\1.txt"

1.txt:
open root:[email protected]
call /usr/bin/xbmc-send -a "UpdateLibrary(video)"
call /usr/bin/xbmc-send -a "UpdateLibrary(music)"
exit

hope this helps

This seems interestings, and could possibly be an addition to MC with an option in the gui (with relevant settings, ie: logon & password etc).

I think it could also be done with TST10, instead of an install of WinSCP. TST10 could be included with MC for flagging XBMC to do an update.

Possibly an extra button so once a user is happy after checking their newly scraped Episodes and/or Movies, click the button sends command to XBMC to run an update. Even add to mc_com the options -eu and -mu for episode scrape and update xbmc or movie scrape and update xbmc.

Will add this to Codeplex site as a possible feature.
Media Companion Dev.
(2012-05-05, 01:28)vbat99 Wrote:
(2012-05-03, 18:33)AgeOfPanic Wrote: OK, I have a little bit more information about my problem and I'm starting to think this might be a XBMC problem. I removed all information MC scraped (nfo and tbn etc) and let XBMC scrape everything itself. Everything was fine and new episodes got scraped automatically. Then I removed the source, let MC rescrape everything, and readded the source to XBMC. XBMC uses all the information and metadata that MC scraped.

Interested in finding an answer for this one two, But in my testing, Dharma XBMC add everything to its library, where as I have the same issue your having with Eden XBMC. I'm running one installation of Dharma and one of Openelec Eden Beta 3.

And have two shows I need to scan for new content, and one show that misses episode 1 and 3 of season 11. Weird.

My issue is with Eden as well. Currently, I'm trying to scan everything with Ember MM to see if that makes a difference. If not, XBMC must be at fault.
(2012-05-08, 00:10)AgeOfPanic Wrote: My issue is with Eden as well. Currently, I'm trying to scan everything with Ember MM to see if that makes a difference. If not, XBMC must be at fault.

What version of Eden? Windows, XBMCuntu Live, Openelec, Mac or ATV.

Seems to be happening on Openelec for myself and a friend, but not on Dharma. (though I may have to eat my words, wife complaining new episode of Once Upon A Time is on the NAS but not adding to Library on Dharma. Have to check that when get home).
Media Companion Dev.
I started a thread in the Support Forum, since EMM gave me the same problem. Link. Based on the answer I checked the log and it says that there is no correct episodeguide in the tvshow.nfo. I checked the tvshow.nfo and there is no episodeguide at all. Any way to get this in?
Commented in your other thread, where JMarshall mentioned the episodeguide tag, I just added a new show, GCB and it doesn't have episodeguideurl tag, but it's adding to both libraries A.O.K.

Will comment to HueyHQ about this tag.
Media Companion Dev.
Anyone else notice it's not scrapping tv shows for the last couple of days? It bombed out on me mid library scan (mid twenties out of 30+ things to pick up out of thousands of folders to scan.

It got most of them, but others it cannot scrape at the minute. Even manually sleecting them since, I get this.
With File : T:\NCIS Los Angeles\Season 00\S00E03 - Pa Make Loa (1)\Hawaii.Five-0.2010.S02E21.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
Detected : Season : 00 Episode : 03
Season : 00
Episode: 03
Multipart episode found:
Season: 00 Episodes, 03, 21,
Looking up scraper options from tvshow.nfo
Using Settings: TVdbID: 95441 SortOrder: default Language: en Actor Source: tvdb
**** TVDB Returned TEXT Stream *****
Scraping body of episode: 3
Using Settings: TVdbID: 95441 SortOrder: default Language: en Actor Source: tvdb
WARNING: Could not locate this episode on TVDB, or TVDB may be unavailable

TVDB is definately up though.

Tried it with the last 3 releases. All say the same thing. Tried it on 2 pc's too. All 3 versions were new installs.
(2012-05-13, 00:07)Rodimus Wrote: Anyone else notice it's not scrapping tv shows for the last couple of days? It bombed out on me mid library scan (mid twenties out of 30+ things to pick up out of thousands of folders to scan.

It got most of them, but others it cannot scrape at the minute. Even manually sleecting them since, I get this.
With File : T:\NCIS Los Angeles\Season 00\S00E03 - Pa Make Loa (1)\Hawaii.Five-0.2010.S02E21.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
Detected : Season : 00 Episode : 03
Season : 00
Episode: 03
Multipart episode found:
Season: 00 Episodes, 03, 21,
Looking up scraper options from tvshow.nfo
**** TVDB Returned TEXT Stream *****
Scraping body of episode: 3
WARNING: Could not locate this episode on TVDB, or TVDB may be unavailable

TVDB is definately up though.

Tried it with the last 3 releases. All say the same thing. Tried it on 2 pc's too. All 3 versions were new installs.

While MC is good, it can't decipher which episode or season it needs to scrape, when you have so many numbers in the file location and filename. MC can't figure out if it's season 00 episode 03 to episode21 in one file?? I'd be confused also.

You'll find if you rename the file to S00E03 - Pa Make Loa (1).mkv and have it only in T:\NCIS Los Angeles\Season 00\ folder, MC will scrape it perfectly.

Media Companion Dev.
Heh I tried that last night, and it worked a dream. I had assumed it was doing it off the folder and as such would be fine.

Thankyou!
(2012-05-28, 10:06)trpltongue Wrote: Is there any way to manually change the movie using TMDB instead of IMDB?

I have a set of workout DVD's for my wife that are not listed on IMDB, but have perfect covers / details / etc on IMDB. Unfortunately, media companion can't seem to find them on tmdb (even though I have tmdb selected as the default scraper) and falls back on an IMDB scrape instead. OF course media companion can't find them on there either so I end up with some random movie info for all 10 discs.

When I launch xbmc it is able to use tmdb and scrape the proper info, but I really don't want xbmc managing my metadata.

Hi trpltongue

We're now posting on a new thread Media Companion V3.500 Stable Release to keep away from the earlier Gen2 version of MC

But I'm commenting to let you know your post isn't being ignored.

If I understand correctly, MC does a Google search for the title of your movie, and tries to get a IMDB id for the movie.

I believe this is in essence why your dvd's are not able to be scraped directly from TMDB. Have to check with one of the dev's and let you know, but I'll post this message in the new thread also.
Media Companion Dev.
vbat99,

Thanks for posting my question in the new thread. The google search for an IMDB id makes a lot of sense because everytime I scraped the nfo file would have an IMDB id (it was bogus, but it was there). So then, what is the purpose of the "Use XBMC scraper" option in the movie preferences? I thought if I selected this option, along with "TMDB", Media Companion would try to scrape the movie using the xbmc engine from tmdb?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10