• 264(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
Well it saved my series of click for 150 movies at least. Still 150 left that won't match for some reason no many how many times i delete the nfo files and refresh.
Everything is working great now, except I can't use the XBMC Link to my Raspberry Pi Openelec box. Everything passes validation *except* connection to the textures.db file.

It can see the file just fine, but it can't connect:

IP Address: 192.168.1.200
Port: 80
Username:
Password:
Userdata Folder: \\Moviebox\Userdata
Textures Db: Database\Textures13.db
Thumbnails folder: Thumbnails

Frodo Enabled -> Passed
Pre-Frodo only movies ('.tbn' posters instead of '-poster.jpg') : 0 -> Passed
XBMC PC Ping -> Passed
XBMC Connect -> Passed
Userdata Folder -> Passed
TexturesDb File -> Passed
TexturesDb Connection -> Failed
TexturesDb Version (Frodo needed) -> Failed
Thumbnails Folder -> Passed
Movie folder(s) configured -> Passed
Movie Folder mappings set (NB Actual paths not validated as applicable to XBMC PC) -> Passed
Overall -> Failed

I can connect fine to my local machine and tested the link to work perfectly. For some reason, it's just this remote connection to the raspberry Pi.

Any idea where to check?
Only thing I see is this
Code:
TexturesDb Version (Frodo needed) -> Failed
What version of Kodi are you running?
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2017-07-19, 06:48)goofballtech Wrote: Well it saved my series of click for 150 movies at least. Still 150 left that won't match for some reason no many how many times i delete the nfo files and refresh.

Ah yes, that is probably the hit limit being reached before Google starts to think its a 'bot' attack.
We tried to get around this by using other search engines but there comes a point where this will cause issue.

Leave it for some time, and then try again.

But, any reason your not using the XBMC TMDb scraper? as this does not have the same limitations. And you can scrape some data from IMDb with the TMDb scraper.
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-07-19, 20:33)vbat99 Wrote: Ah yes, that is probably the hit limit being reached before Google starts to think its a 'bot' attack.
We tried to get around this by using other search engines but there comes a point where this will cause issue.

Leave it for some time, and then try again.

But, any reason your not using the XBMC TMDb scraper? as this does not have the same limitations. And you can scrape some data from IMDb with the TMDb scraper.

Mostly because i didn't know that limitation was a thing or that using tmdb was a fix. I will give it a shot to finish up tonight. I am down to 115 now though so i might be able to finish them out with one go before i get the boot anyway.

Thanks again.

The source of this might interest you as well. I moved a bunch of stuff around and merged some other movies to the file and did a search so it would scrape the new additions. Woke up the next morning to find that i had some of my existing movies and some of the new ones unavailable in Plex. Went to take a look and found that about 50 of my movies were now named (and scraped as) The Big Lebowski, a movie not even on my server. So i had to try to manually find all the ones that had been renamed, delete other files, and rename the movie after it's parent folder which was still proper. Ended up getting pissed and doing a batch folder/file name match and just restarting the scrape. What i expected to take a day is, now much more.

Don't know what happened to it originally or why it did what it did but thought you might find it a strange data point.
Hey Rob, quick question regarding the Batch Rescrape Wizard:

If I select Delete All existing Show Artwork, will that delete just the fanart/extrafanart, or will it wipe the Logo, disc, etc as well? Every now and then i like to update the fanart\capture new fanart to give my shows a fresh look. The thing is, I've had to create my own logos/discs for some movies/shows and don't want to have to re-create them if at all possible.
(2017-07-21, 00:56)RonnieG3 Wrote: Hey Rob, quick question regarding the Batch Rescrape Wizard:

If I select Delete All existing Show Artwork, will that delete just the fanart/extrafanart, or will it wipe the Logo, disc, etc as well? Every now and then i like to update the fanart\capture new fanart to give my shows a fresh look. The thing is, I've had to create my own logos/discs for some movies/shows and don't want to have to re-create them if at all possible.

To tell the truth, I didn't know. But just tested and yes, it deletes all artwork associated with the selected movie(s).

Only method would be to delete the extrafanart and extrathumbs folders manually. Then use the movie Batch Rescraper Wizard to
Attempt to Download Extra Thumbs/Fanart if Movies are in Folders.
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-07-21, 03:26)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-07-21, 00:56)RonnieG3 Wrote: Hey Rob, quick question regarding the Batch Rescrape Wizard:

To tell the truth, I didn't know. But just tested and yes, it deletes all artwork associated with the selected movie(s).

Only method would be to delete the extrafanart and extrathumbs folders manually. Then use the movie Batch Rescraper Wizard to
Attempt to Download Extra Thumbs/Fanart if Movies are in Folders.

Well shucks!! LOL. Oh Well, I can do that. Thanks for checking!!!
Hi!
Am i the only one who can't use fanart tv? It seem that it knows how many artwork there is on fanart tv but I see only empty case and a laconic "downloading image x of y".

I have the latest update.
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
Desktop - Homemade : 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11600K @ 3.90GHz | 32GB | AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT | SSD 500Go + 750Go + HDD 500Go | --W10--
NAS - Synology DS414 : [2*8To WD Red Plus (Raid 1)] + [2*6To WD Red (Raid 1)]
KODI 19.3
Will check when I'm back home, in four ish hours

Sent from my GT-I9100
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-07-27, 07:45)Levi59 Wrote: Hi!
Am i the only one who can't use fanart tv? It seem that it knows how many artwork there is on fanart tv but I see only empty case and a laconic "downloading image x of y".

Your right. Getting the image count, not downloading them to show.
Will get onto correcting this soon.
Media Companion Dev.
Ok thanks! ^^
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
Desktop - Homemade : 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11600K @ 3.90GHz | 32GB | AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT | SSD 500Go + 750Go + HDD 500Go | --W10--
KODI 19.3

Fix for Fanart.TV downloading of images.

Download this linked zip file. Extract the utilities.dll for your version of Media Companion, x86 or x64, and overwrite the Utilities.dll in the Media Companion folder.

Note: This utilities.dll is only for MC 3.677b

Link to zip file
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-07-31, 04:57)vbat99 Wrote:

Fix for Fanart.TV downloading of images.

Download this linked zip file. Extract the utilities.dll for your version of Media Companion, x86 or x64, and overwrite the Utilities.dll in the Media Companion folder.

Note: This utilities.dll is only for MC 3.677b

Link to zip file

Works like a charm! Thanks to you Smile
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
KODI 19.3
I am running ver 3.677b. My nfos were built by earlier versions of MC. I did a clean install, set my "home movie" root folder and had MC "refresh". It picked up all the files, but now on the left panel/list of home movies, about a dozen home movies have a "red" background. Kodi seems to have no problem with them, but I couldn't see any error or figure out what the red background means?

scott s.
  • 264(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10