• 265(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
Red color usually means missing video.
Could the items in red be multi part movies? If so, check settings on how media companion handles part movies. I think the default setting was changed to reflect Kodi changes.

Sent from my GT-I9100
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Hello Rob,

I don't know if you were aware, but since Kodi Krypton, it's possible to save more than one ID for each movie/tv show/episode. Kodi saves (when you do an export) the NFO like this:

<id>tt2245084</id>
<uniqueid type="unknown" default="true">tt2245084</uniqueid>

There is a table named uniqueid that contains all known IDs. At the moment, Kodi saves only one ID per media, also without any specification of the ID source (type is always unknown). Would you consider changing the way NFOs are generated by Media Companion to include this functionality? Maybe something like this:

<id>121361</id>
<uniqueid type="imdb">tt0944947</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tmdb">1399</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tvdb" default="true">121361</uniqueid>

Where perhaps the default for movies is the IMDb ID, and for TV Shows and Episodes the default is the TVDB ID? I would guess that would provide the most compatibility.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2017-08-04, 22:31)bsoriano Wrote: Hello Rob,

I don't know if you were aware, but since Kodi Krypton, it's possible to save more than one ID for each movie/tv show/episode. Kodi saves (when you do an export) the NFO like this:

<id>tt2245084</id>

There is a table named uniqueid that contains all known IDs. At the moment, Kodi saves only one ID per media, also without any specification of the ID source (type is always unknown). Would you consider changing the way NFOs are generated by Media Companion to include this functionality? Maybe something like this:

<id>121361</id>

Regards,

Bart

I was not aware of that change. Many nfo functions are still not documented on Kodis wiki.

But, I can add this sort of data to the nfo, as I know we get the IMDB and TVDb Id for TV, and IMDb and TMDb Id for movies.
Hoping to be able to get TMDb id for tv in the future.
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-08-04, 22:36)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-08-04, 22:31)bsoriano Wrote: Hello Rob,

<id>tt2245084</id>

<id>121361</id>

Regards,

Bart

I was not aware of that change. Many nfo functions are still not documented on Kodis wiki.

But, I can add this sort of data to the nfo, as I know we get the IMDB and TVDb Id for TV, and IMDb and TMDb Id for movies.

Thanks for considering this!

Regards,

Bart
(2017-08-04, 22:36)vbat99 Wrote: I was not aware of that change. Many nfo functions are still not documented on Kodis wiki.

Do you have an idea on what data you can download from tmdb for tvshows? i ran the script from Kodi but can't see any unique data.
(2017-08-05, 15:29)Edworld Wrote:
(2017-08-04, 22:36)vbat99 Wrote: I was not aware of that change. Many nfo functions are still not documented on Kodis wiki.

Do you have an idea on what data you can download from tmdb for tvshows? i ran the script from Kodi but can't see any unique data.
As far as I know, TMDb serves TV data similar to TVDb, but supports more Anime and other series that TVDb disallows. At this time, Media Companion doesn't scrape TV data from TMDb, but it is an option that will be added to Media Companion as I have time. First to update the TVDb API to V2.
Media Companion Dev.
Minor niggle... it checks for new release but goes to the (soon to be defunct) CodePlex site to get the update?

And question.. if I am running x64 does it download me an x64 update or the x86 which I don't want.. I didnt check that!
(2017-08-10, 19:05)Methanoid Wrote: Minor niggle... it checks for new release but goes to the (soon to be defunct) CodePlex site to get the update?

And question.. if I am running x64 does it download me an x64 update or the x86 which I don't want.. I didn't check that!

At this time, both Codeplex and Sourceforge are updated together. Once I switch over completely, MC will check Sourceforge.

MC only checks if there is a new version, and if you select to update, takes you to the download page.
Up to you which release, x86 or x64, you decide to download.

MC doesn't update itself......at this time.
Media Companion Dev.
Hi! I would like to know if MySQL support will be implemented in the future or if this option has been abandoned. Thanks!
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
Desktop - Homemade : 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11600K @ 3.90GHz | 32GB | AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT | SSD 500Go + 750Go + HDD 500Go | --W10--
NAS - Synology DS414 : [2*8To WD Red Plus (Raid 1)] + [2*6To WD Red (Raid 1)]
KODI 19.3
(2017-08-20, 20:25)Levi59 Wrote: Hi! I would like to know if MySQL support will be implemented in the future or if this option has been abandoned. Thanks!

At this time, with only one active Dev, MySQL is a while away.
Media Companion Dev.
vbat99,

For some reason I am scraping FSK certifications - 18 instead of R. I have double checked my settings, and I have U.S. first. Is it possible that it is unable to scrape U.S. and goes down the list?

Movies in question are American Gangster, Gangs of New York and Monsters Ball
(2017-09-02, 01:56)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

For some reason I am scraping FSK certifications - 18 instead of R. I have double checked my settings, and I have U.S. first. Is it possible that it is unable to scrape U.S. and goes down the list?

There is an issue with MPAA being ignored from IMDb as they changed the format. There is a fix in place for the next release, just finishing some new code then will get a new release out....probably by Friday at the latest.
Media Companion Dev.
(2017-09-02, 02:38)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-09-02, 01:56)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

There is an issue with MPAA being ignored from IMDb as they changed the format. There is a fix in place for the next release, just finishing some new code then will get a new release out....probably by Friday at the latest.

Thanks
Hi!
Not sure since when it's bugged but i have clicked by error on the "Table" tab in the movie part and i have got this error several time before i could quit the tab.
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
Desktop - Homemade : 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11600K @ 3.90GHz | 32GB | AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT | SSD 500Go + 750Go + HDD 500Go | --W10--
NAS - Synology DS414 : [2*8To WD Red Plus (Raid 1)] + [2*6To WD Red (Raid 1)]
KODI 19.3
Hi vbat99,

I've finally moved to a new computer (and OS Win 10Pro) and have installed 3.6.77 (64x) MC. I have set it up from scratch.

I am still experiencing the same problem in regard to the runtime of the movie that we discussed some pages back.

The checkbox "Save Runtime as DurationInSeconds" is ticked, but when the nfo is saved I only get a 1sec duration in the nfo. The runtime does save it would appear, but when this is loaded into KodiTV, the runtime is always "0" - even though the runtime is listed in the nfo. Duration remains at 1sec and seesm to be the field KodiTV looks at.

Checking the "save media as runtine" box makes no difference as far as the duration in seconds go (as expected)

The last version that worked correctly for me was 3.6.55. It appears that the runtime is being scraped from the file (regardless of if "Display runtime from Scraper" is selected). I tried a real file (see below) and durationinseconds was entered corectly.

I rename .txt files to iso (fake video files) and do all my scraping / setup / nfo creation outside of my server environment (always have because its off a lot of the time). Then I copy all the resultant files from MC to my server, then write the real video file out to it.

Hope you can shed some light on this. Thanks for your efforts on this project.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
  • 265(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10