Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
vbat99 Offline
Posting Freak
Red color usually means missing video.
Could the items in red be multi part movies? If so, check settings on how media companion handles part movies. I think the default setting was changed to reflect Kodi changes.

Sent from my GT-I9100 (typie typie)

Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
find quote
bsoriano Online
Donor
Hello Rob,

I don't know if you were aware, but since Kodi Krypton, it's possible to save more than one ID for each movie/tv show/episode. Kodi saves (when you do an export) the NFO like this:

<id>tt2245084</id>
<uniqueid type="unknown" default="true">tt2245084</uniqueid>

There is a table named uniqueid that contains all known IDs. At the moment, Kodi saves only one ID per media, also without any specification of the ID source (type is always unknown). Would you consider changing the way NFOs are generated by Media Companion to include this functionality? Maybe something like this:

<id>121361</id>
<uniqueid type="imdb">tt0944947</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tmdb">1399</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tvdb" default="true">121361</uniqueid>

Where perhaps the default for movies is the IMDb ID, and for TV Shows and Episodes the default is the TVDB ID? I would guess that would provide the most compatibility.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-04 22:36 by bsoriano.)
find quote
vbat99 Offline
Posting Freak
(2017-08-04 22:31)bsoriano Wrote:  Hello Rob,

I don't know if you were aware, but since Kodi Krypton, it's possible to save more than one ID for each movie/tv show/episode. Kodi saves (when you do an export) the NFO like this:

<id>tt2245084</id>

There is a table named uniqueid that contains all known IDs. At the moment, Kodi saves only one ID per media, also without any specification of the ID source (type is always unknown). Would you consider changing the way NFOs are generated by Media Companion to include this functionality? Maybe something like this:

<id>121361</id>

Regards,

Bart

I was not aware of that change. Many nfo functions are still not documented on Kodis wiki.

But, I can add this sort of data to the nfo, as I know we get the IMDB and TVDb Id for TV, and IMDb and TMDb Id for movies.
Hoping to be able to get TMDb id for tv in the future.

Media Companion Dev.
find quote
bsoriano Online
Donor
(2017-08-04 22:36)vbat99 Wrote:  
(2017-08-04 22:31)bsoriano Wrote:  Hello Rob,

<id>tt2245084</id>

<id>121361</id>

Regards,

Bart

I was not aware of that change. Many nfo functions are still not documented on Kodis wiki.

But, I can add this sort of data to the nfo, as I know we get the IMDB and TVDb Id for TV, and IMDb and TMDb Id for movies.

Thanks for considering this!

Regards,

Bart
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-04 22:45 by bsoriano.)
find quote
Edworld Offline
Posting Freak
(2017-08-04 22:36)vbat99 Wrote:  I was not aware of that change. Many nfo functions are still not documented on Kodis wiki.

Do you have an idea on what data you can download from tmdb for tvshows? i ran the script from Kodi but can't see any unique data.
find quote
vbat99 Offline
Posting Freak
(2017-08-05 15:29)Edworld Wrote:  
(2017-08-04 22:36)vbat99 Wrote:  I was not aware of that change. Many nfo functions are still not documented on Kodis wiki.

Do you have an idea on what data you can download from tmdb for tvshows? i ran the script from Kodi but can't see any unique data.
As far as I know, TMDb serves TV data similar to TVDb, but supports more Anime and other series that TVDb disallows. At this time, Media Companion doesn't scrape TV data from TMDb, but it is an option that will be added to Media Companion as I have time. First to update the TVDb API to V2.

Media Companion Dev.
find quote
Methanoid Offline
Minor niggle... it checks for new release but goes to the (soon to be defunct) CodePlex site to get the update?

And question.. if I am running x64 does it download me an x64 update or the x86 which I don't want.. I didnt check that!
find quote
vbat99 Offline
Posting Freak
(2017-08-10 19:05)Methanoid Wrote:  Minor niggle... it checks for new release but goes to the (soon to be defunct) CodePlex site to get the update?

And question.. if I am running x64 does it download me an x64 update or the x86 which I don't want.. I didn't check that!

At this time, both Codeplex and Sourceforge are updated together. Once I switch over completely, MC will check Sourceforge.

MC only checks if there is a new version, and if you select to update, takes you to the download page.
Up to you which release, x86 or x64, you decide to download.

MC doesn't update itself......at this time.

Media Companion Dev.
find quote
Levi59 Offline
Hi! I would like to know if MySQL support will be implemented in the future or if this option has been abandoned. Thanks!

HTPC - NES case (European) : ZOTAC D2550ITXS-B-E ([email protected] dual-core, GT610 512MB) | 2*2GB | SSD mSATA 30Go | --Kodibuntu--
Desktop - Alienware Aurora R4 : [email protected] | 16GB | GTX 660 | 3TB + 500GB | --W7--
NAS - Synology DS414 : 2 * [2*6To WD Red (Raid 1)]
KODI Isengard, Skin Aeon Nox Silvo MOD Version Mr. V Widgets V2
find quote
vbat99 Offline
Posting Freak
(Yesterday 20:25)Levi59 Wrote:  Hi! I would like to know if MySQL support will be implemented in the future or if this option has been abandoned. Thanks!

At this time, with only one active Dev, MySQL is a while away.

Media Companion Dev.
find quote