• 319(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
Thank you very much, that resolve the issue.
Glad it was that simple.

I'll place checks in that area for future use.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Much appreciated!

I have just been copying the settings folder every version, so never noticed.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.726b

Minor Bug fixes.

New:

Fixed:
  • MC - Possible fix for displaying web pages in MC (ie Movies IMDb page in internal browser)
  • Tv - Fix if Root paths contain Forward-Slashes.
  • TV - Fix 'Search New' if no Root TV Folder(s).
  • TV - Fix search new if series are in main directory of drive letter. eg S:\Arrow
  • TV - Fix multiepisodes scraped from TMDb.
  • Movie - Fix Original Title not pulling from IMDb.
  • Movie - increase thread sleep to 400ms to stop race on tmdb data.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.726b x86 & x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
vbat99,

tested scraping genre with no issues, thanks for fixing
Hi,

I'm getting a minor issue where I can't use "Saved Displayed Screenshot". I'm trying to use it on some old shows that don't have any image uploaded on TVDB (plus locked so unable to upload).
When I click it, it just slows down Media Companion and I have to restart it to resolve the slowness.
How old are the episodes what codec is being used these could all be the cause of the issue but without knowing that I can't test
Media Companion Dev.
Well they are Webisodes of Heroes back in 2009. Low quality.
A few are AVC and there was another in DivX.
I have uploaded two examples and PMed you.
(2018-11-27, 09:15)MonSoon12 Wrote: Well they are Webisodes of Heroes back in 2009. Low quality.
A few are AVC and there was another in DivX.
I have uploaded two examples and PMed you.

Thanks for the files.

I have tested and re-tested, I can not get MC to slow down while it is doing screenshots from these epsiodes.
Tested x86 & x64 builds.
Media Companion Dev.
I see, well like I said it was a minor issue. If I come across it again I will let you know.

I just created the screenshots with MPC and added them in manually to the folder to resolve my issue.
Thanks for taking to time to look into my issue.
Thanks for all the hard work on MC.  I have many home movies entered via the "home movie" tab.  I have hand-entered actors and set data for these in the nfo and that works well for kodi.  I also use "refresh" on the movie tab to get these into the movie list.  That works pretty well, but I can't filter on actor or set.  From looking at the cache.xml files, it looks like the problem is all the home movies have <id>0</id>.  I was wondering if it was possible to have MC create dummy ids and assign it to home movies (or really, any movie that doesn't scrape).  I take it if the movie has an id that would be passed to the sets and actors and so filtering would work.

scott s.
(2018-12-01, 01:56)scott967 Wrote: Thanks for all the hard work on MC.  I have many home movies entered via the "home movie" tab.  I have hand-entered actors and set data for these in the nfo and that works well for kodi.  I also use "refresh" on the movie tab to get these into the movie list.  That works pretty well, but I can't filter on actor or set.  From looking at the cache.xml files, it looks like the problem is all the home movies have <id>0</id>.  I was wondering if it was possible to have MC create dummy ids and assign it to home movies (or really, any movie that doesn't scrape).  I take it if the movie has an id that would be passed to the sets and actors and so filtering would work.

scott s.

This is the reason why Home Movies are separated from the Movie section, as it is not possible to have them function in the same way as a Movie.
Adding a mock id is not going to help, as in Kodi, that ID would be thought of as a TMDb Id.
And yes, this Id is used to filter actors belonging to different movies.

Same for Sets. Sets (of collections) have a separate Set Id. eg:
Code:
<set>Avatar Collection</set>
    <setid>87096</setid>
Sets come from TMDb and having a Set Id associated to a Home Movie Collection would indicate to Kodi that a valid Set (collection) exists on TMDb.

In MC we group Home Movies in the
Code:
<set>Home Movie</set>
collection, with no <setid> assigned, so when they show in Kodi, they are all under the one Collection, separate from main Movies.

So to answer your quesiton, no, it is not feasible to add a mock id value to the <id> tag in the nfo, as this would cause other issues in MC and in Kodi.

I could add an option to add Actors to Home Movies in Media Companion, to make it easier for you, but honestly never thought anyone would add actors to Home Movies.
Media Companion Dev.
@vbat99

Would you mind having a look at this thread... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=338193

Is he maybe using an old version of Media Companion?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Is there any way of randomly just playing trailers?
Sorry no functionality like that mediacompanion
Media Companion Dev.
  • 319(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10