• 321(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2019-01-16, 22:55)Usafle Wrote: Any chance getting this in an UnRaid Docker?

Sorry, wouldn't know the first thing on getting this into a docker for UnRaid.
With Media Companion requiring Windows, not sure if that is even possible.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2019-01-17, 08:20)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-01-16, 22:55)Usafle Wrote: Any chance getting this in an UnRaid Docker?

Sorry, wouldn't know the first thing on getting this into a docker for UnRaid.
With Media Companion requiring Windows, not sure if that is even possible. 
 Thanks for the prompt reply. I downloaded it to take a look at it on my Win10 x64.  I compared it against Media Center Master (which I purchased a lifetime membership for).  I like yours much better.  Very impressive work.  The options that your program has is a bit overwhelming at first glance.  

I know for a fact a bunch of Unraid users are looking for a stand alone docker container for some sort of Metadata/NFO program for Kodi / Plex / Jellyfin...etc... etc....  I was hoping this would be it.
(2019-01-10, 02:36)the_bo Wrote: Any chance you can add scraping the budget, and revenue from the tmdb

Also option of scraping the awards (oscars etc) info

Oscars are working with the Skinhelper InfoLabel "SkinHelper.ListItem.Awards", but unfortunately there is no kodi internal InfoLabel for that and no way to read them from .nfo to kodi.

This are kodi internal InfoLabels: (working with scrapers and .nfo)
https://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels
This are Skinhelper InfoLabels: (only working with SkinHelper in real time over internet)
https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...ideo-items

I saw you requested in a forum.kodi thread that some SkinHelper InfoLabels should also be aviable for kodi internal and not only via SkinHelper
...but still no response from Team Kodi Sad

I would also appreciate it if the SkinHelper InfoLabels were finally also available in kodi internal, but Kodi 18 final release is in 3-4 weeks... chances are really bad that there will be changes in that way.
vbat99,

If you decide to scrape https://letterboxd.com/ ratings, do you know if kodi will display them in dialogvideoinfo?

thanks
Chances are Kodi won't display those ratings.
As far as I know only tmdb, IMDb and Rotten Tomato ratings a visible to the skin.

I see this site gets most of its data from tmdb the only thing you'd be after is the ratings, but I don't know if it has an API.

That's hard to see a justification right now for the extra work to do web page scraping for those ratings if Kodi won't load them into the database. And then you've gotta think about the skin being able to display those values.
Media Companion Dev.
I recently got a Nvidia Shield and replaced my media computer.  I was using Frodo, but now I use Kodi.

I scraped the current database using local NFO only because I was afraid to rescrape everything.  Besides, the files worked with Frodo.  But some TV shows were not showing up.

The Kodi adviser had me delete my old NFO files for those shows and scrape with Kodi.  The deleted NFO files were pretty old.  It worked.  Then he advised to use Kodi and not Media Companion in the future. 

My habit has been to use Media companion on my desktop and then copy to a backup and to my media data base.  This is easier for me than copying to the data base, scraping with Kodi, then copying the data base file to a backup.  As to Kodi vs Media Companion, is one any better that the other?  I am using an old version of Media Companion (3.68) because it doesn't seem broken.  So I have not updated it.
(2019-01-27, 07:29)wdpcpa Wrote: I recently got a Nvidia Shield and replaced my media computer.  I was using Frodo, but now I use Kodi.

I scraped the current database using local NFO only because I was afraid to rescrape everything.  Besides, the files worked with Frodo.  But some TV shows were not showing up.

The Kodi adviser had me delete my old NFO files for those shows and scrape with Kodi.  The deleted NFO files were pretty old.  It worked.  Then he advised to use Kodi and not Media Companion in the future. 

My habit has been to use Media companion on my desktop and then copy to a backup and to my media data base.  This is easier for me than copying to the data base, scraping with Kodi, then copying the data base file to a backup.  As to Kodi vs Media Companion, is one any better that the other?  I am using an old version of Media Companion (3.68) because it doesn't seem broken.  So I have not updated it.

Fistly, there have been a lot of fixes between you 3.68 version, and the latest 3.727b version.

I always use Media Companion and allow Kodi to pull from the nfo files.
If your nfo's are a bit stale, then you can run the batch rescrape wizard for Tv and set it to Rebuild all nfo files.
This will update the nfo's to the latest format. EG, format it correctly for the latest Kodi release.

It is your call if you prefer to use Kodi to manage your series/episodes/movies etc. For me, I have three installs of Kodi, so having the nfo's locally is preferred so each kodi isn't downloading the same data from the internet, but the data I have checked in Media Companion first.

Hope this is of help.
Media Companion Dev.
(2019-01-25, 21:46)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

If you decide to scrape https://letterboxd.com/ ratings, do you know if kodi will display them in dialogvideoinfo?

thanks

This are all ratings kodi supports in dialogvideoinfo:

ListItem.Ratings(imdb)
ListItem.Ratings(themoviedb)
ListItem.Ratings(metacritic)
ListItem.Ratings(tomatometerallcritics)
ListItem.Ratings(tomatometerallaudience)
ListItem.Ratings(anidb)

No more ratings are supported
All ratings except ListItem.Ratings(anidb) are supported in Media Companion
So far, the support of anidb as far as I know has not been requested once. Anidb also has its own media manager and video scraper.
I added a root folder with 85 shows and 133820 episodes (so it says. It looks like it crashed, took about 5 minutes until it showed the tvshows. Then i scrape one tvshow and again the program is not responding. For minutes. Is this normal behaviour. I now use the 64 bit version. As the 32 bit kept inresponsive for half an hour so i decided to try 64 bit. But i like to know if this is normal, because that means it will take very very long till all my tv shows are scraped.

What am i doing wrong? Now it crashes at startup, at the splashscreen it says status - loading TV database and Windows tells me the program does not respond. Is there a maximum allowed number of tvshows to add?

Hmm it is back now, i scraped bloodline. The poster banner actor are all bloodline but media companion insists its 12 monkeys?... Oh wait, not responding .... Stage 3/3 scraping 2 of 33. And it stays there now for about 4 minutes again. What have i done to my library ;-( aaaahhhh. Im sorry, i do not think it is for me. It looks great though, and if it would work it would be super, but pitty for me.. :-(
(2019-01-31, 19:47)jinux Wrote: I added a root folder with 85 shows and 133820 episodes (so it says. It looks like it crashed, took about 5 minutes until it showed the tvshows. Then i scrape one tvshow and again the program is not responding. For minutes. Is this normal behaviour. I now use the 64 bit version. As the 32 bit kept inresponsive for half an hour so i decided to try 64 bit. But i like to know if this is normal, because that means it will take very very long till all my tv shows are scraped.

What am i doing wrong? Now it crashes at startup, at the splashscreen it says status - loading TV database and Windows tells me the program does not respond. Is there a maximum allowed number of tvshows to add?

That is one hell of a lot of Episodes. I've never tested more than scraping 400 episodes in one hit.
I'm not sure of a work-around on this at present.

If I have any thoughts I'll post a reply.
Media Companion Dev.
ok thanks for your answer now i know why this is not working, it looks very great though, and i tested it with seperate folders first, for like 10 show, and it seems to work very well, so i decided to add one of my root folders. But keep up the good work, i hope maybe in the future it would be ossible to add more then 400 episodes at once :-)
Hey, Rob.  Looking for a little help with actors.  I have the exclude actors without thumbnails box ticked.  When I scrape actors, it still puts all of them in the nfo.  I believe it's just a bunch of episode actors.  Is there a way to turn off episode actors or apply the don't download unless a thumbnail exists?
Got something good coming soon?  Hasn't been a recent update.  Thanks
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2019-01-31, 21:24)bobrap Wrote: I have the exclude actors without thumbnails box ticked

As far as i know, exclude actors without thumbnails is only for movies and tvshows, not for episodes
There's an option to also copy actors to the episodes nfos if you've got that ticked that might be duplicating it.
But actors from tvdb for episodes are normally the guest actors and they don't have icons and we don't disable those from scraping into the episode nfos
Media Companion Dev.
Oh and nothing much a new at this point in time. I've been busy with a new job. So I've only been doing any bug fixes for mediacompanion
Media Companion Dev.
  • 321(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10