• 337(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
Actually would glitches caused by scraping in basic mode and then later changing it off of basic mode media companion Dan Rees cracks the movie with movie name. Nfo instead and you get to files.
I'm going to look into media companion detecting if there's a movie. Nfo file and if there is just rename it to the movie name. Nfo
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2019-03-14, 21:04)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-03-14, 17:26)Usafle Wrote: I wish I could tell you HOW two NFO files got into those folders, but I can't.  
 lol, Puzzle solved * gg *

It is logical that if you have 2 .nfo files in each movie folder that you get everything displayed twice.
You will probably have changed the MediaCompanion naming settings and then done a rescrape. 
 I used to use Media Center Master (paid for the lifetime subscription) but I haven't entirely "switched over" to MC3 yet as I'm still trying to figure out which one I like better.  I never scrapped any of my "old" movies with this program, only newly acquired ones.  In fact I can see it going through on the status bar saying "Movie X valid NFO found - skipped"

Long story short, some of those movie duplicates were movies that weren't ever "touched" by MC3.  So, the great mystery still goes forward about how some of the "old" movies got 2 NFOs in there or were even "touched" by MC3 to begin with.....

It didn't bother me with the duplicates, it won't bother me if they show up again.  I just thought it was some sort of bug that perhaps the devs overlooked and I wanted to bring to his/her attention. Smile
(2019-03-13, 00:37)Karellen Wrote: @Nordo

In case you are not aware of this program... https://mkvtoolnix.download/

Very easy to combine your clips into one file. Just be aware of the difference between Append and Add Additional Parts, and it will save you some frustrating moments... https://gitlab.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolnix/wi...onal-parts
@Karellen
Thanks, the perfect program for combining all the clips of a particular event, and converting into one MKV.
It also allowed me to give each final mkv file a more meaningful name.
I could even delete the sound track which was greatl for some old Super 8 and standard movies I had transferred to digital, but still had the whirring of the projector.
Could have even added some music, titles or whatever, but will leave that for another time.
Media Center Master may have saved the nfo file as movie.nfo
Media Companion default is to save the nfo with exactly the same filename as the video file.

There is a glitch in MC though, that if movie.nfo exists, but saving in MC is as <moviename>.nfo, then a new nfo should not have been created. I will be looking into this to get it fixed.
Media Companion Dev.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.730b
Date: 2019-03-17

More minor bugs.

New:

Fixed:
  • TV -fix scraping RT after prev code rework.
  • TV - Fix r-click Ratings/Votes Show and Episodes manual entry of values, now update primary rating/votes source.
  • TV - Fix scraping episodes for series that do not have a root folder already in list of TV Root folder.
  • Movie - MovieSet Central artwork folder, place check that folder is not nothing, and folder exists.
  • Movie - Fix if valid movie.nfo found, but MC not set for Basic Save Mode.
  • HomeMovie - Fix scrape title with ampersand character in filename.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.730b x86 & x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
I'm still confused on the movie set artwork thing.

All of my movies are in individual folders.
Are these the proper settings to have the movie set artwork downloaded to a central folder with sub folders for each movie?

MC will tell me it scraped movie set artwork and there isn't a single thing in my Collections folder.

So why am I consistently getting results like this for many movies.
As you can see in the pic I got a extra fanart and thumbs folder that is basically useless.
Multiple pictures that are not even in the language of the film.
But when I go to the Fanart tab none of these are even there and there are many pics that are actually images from the movie... which is what I want.
In the artwork preferences I have TMDb set at the source for the extra artwork

(2019-03-17, 19:13)huttdes Wrote: So why am I consistently getting results like this for many movies.
As you can see in the pic I got a extra fanart and thumbs folder that is basically useless.
But when I go to the Fanart tab none of these are even there and there are many pics that are actually images from the movie... which is what I want.

In post #5013 i have explained very exactly in which settings you get which pictures and why it is.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2832781

When select Fanart.Tv you get the artwork same as your screenshot -> section MOVIE THUMBS from Fanart.tv:
https://fanart.tv/movie/8587/the-lion-king/

When select TMDb -> section BACKDROPS from TMDb:
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/8587-th.../backdrops

I just tested it, it works for me as i described.
____
Second note:
The artworks of fanart.tv called "MOVIE THUMBS" is in kodi the own artwork type "landscape.jpg", it is provided in fanart.tv with a language specific tag. MC ignores this tag and downloads all available for the thumb setting.
(2019-03-17, 20:25)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-03-17, 19:13)huttdes Wrote: So why am I consistently getting results like this for many movies.

In post #5013 i have explained very exactly in which settings you get which pictures and why it is.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2832781

When select Fanart.Tv you get the artwork same as your screenshot -> section MOVIE THUMBS from Fanart.tv:
https://fanart.tv/movie/8587/the-lion-king/

When select TMDb -> section BACKDROPS from TMDb:
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/8587-th.../backdrops

I just tested it, it works for me as i described.
____
Second note:
The artworks of fanart.tv called "MOVIE THUMBS" is in kodi the own artwork type "landscape.jpg", it is provided in fanart.tv with a language specific tag. MC ignores this tag and downloads all available for the thumb setting.  
 Yeah, I know about your previous post and I followed that and that is how I set it.

I just realized how I am being stupid.

The movies I'm having trouble with are movies that were previously scraped with MediaElch a while back.
So even with the correct settings I'm doing a full rescrape I wasn't deleting the existing artwork first so it wasn't overwriting the old ones... leaving me with the crappy ones I already had!

Soooo... my own stupidity. Thanks for helping me realize the problem.
(2019-03-17, 17:09)huttdes Wrote: I'm still confused on the movie set artwork thing.

Are these the proper settings to have the movie set artwork downloaded to a central folder with sub folders for each movie?

MC will tell me it scraped movie set artwork and there isn't a single thing in my Collections folder.

Anyone have any help on this? Can't seem to do anything to get Movie set art
(2019-03-23, 21:38)huttdes Wrote: I'm still confused on the movie set artwork thing.

Anyone have any help on this? Can't seem to do anything to get Movie set art

Well I just tested with settings the same as yours, first with a mapped drive, then as smb, and each time the movieset artwork was scraped from Fanart.TV and stored in a Collection folder within the selected Central Movie Set art folder.

pm me a link to download your config.xml and I'll take a look with your selected settings.
Media Companion Dev.
(2019-03-23, 21:38)huttdes Wrote: Anyone have any help on this? Can't seem to do anything to get Movie set art

1st) Before you can scrape collection artwork at all, first of all your collection data must be clean in every .nfo.
You recognize it at the checkmarks that every collection has a tmdb id here.

2nd) My storage path looks different from the spelling. I assume you do not use a local path, instead a virtual, a Server or a NAS. If that's the case, do not do that.
(After all collection data is very clean, try it first on the same drive Media Companion is running)
(2019-03-24, 05:06)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 21:38)huttdes Wrote: Anyone have any help on this? Can't seem to do anything to get Movie set art

1st) Before you can scrape collection artwork at all, first of all your collection data must be clean in every .nfo.
You recognize it at the checkmarks that every collection has a tmdb id here. 

Well, reset teh directory and it scraped them to my NAS... but wouldn't work with sub-folders. I have the check the box 'If Central Folder with collection sub folder, Prefix <moviesetname> and it put all the artwork in one directory...

What exactly does that mean.... my collection data must be clean?

While I did manage to get this working... its only working for some.
Most are not... and I have blue checkmarks instead of green for most movies.

I rescraped the movie '30 Days of Night' to see if that would resolve the problem for that title.... but then it just gave me the two alert symbols ... I hit the refresh button on the movie set tab and it totally removed that set.

(2019-03-24, 05:38)huttdes Wrote: What exactly does that mean.... my collection data must be clean?

sry, language missunderstood: clean = accurate, neat, proper... = when all look like my screenshot then you get collection artwork. The way it looks now, it can not work.
Blue checkmarks are custom collections. Rescrape all until all checkmarks are green.
conlcusion on collection artwork: collection data maintenance first, collection artwork scrape second.
(2019-03-24, 05:52)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-03-24, 05:38)huttdes Wrote: What exactly does that mean.... my collection data must be clean?

sry, language missunderstood: clean = accurate, neat, proper... = when all look like my screenshot then you get collection artwork. The way it looks now, it can not work.
Blue checkmarks are custom collections. Rescrape all until all checkmarks are green.
conlcusion on collection artwork: collection data maintenance first, collection artwork scrape second.  
 What exactly do you mean by custom? I didn't create them....
Rescraping a movie and adding to the collection still results in a blue triangle.
  • 337(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10