• 357(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
Hello,

Tried to scrape the move Spider-Man Far From (2019).bluray.mkv today and it keeps failing. Is there a problem with TMDB?

Also noticed that my movie collections in MC are not properly being created. For example 2 movies that I have X-Men Origins & The Wolverine both are put in the X-Men Collection. Also noticed that my Godzilla (2014) is placed in a MonsterVerse-Collection? A batch rescrape of the nfo files does not fix it. Any thoughts on that?

thx
Having an issue with Languages when scraping a new TV Show.

Says the tv show is not available in English or any language for that matter.

Help.
(2019-11-23, 19:54)artistwantab Wrote: Having an issue with Languages when scraping a new TV Show.

Says the tv show is not available in English or any language for that matter.

Help.

Still waiting for TVDb to fix API issues.
This is their known issue page https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=60239
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2019-11-22, 03:08)leejk Wrote: Hello,

Tried to scrape the move Spider-Man Far From (2019).bluray.mkv today and it keeps failing. Is there a problem with TMDB?
No issue here scraping Spider-man Far From Home.
(2019-11-22, 03:08)leejk Wrote: Also noticed that my movie collections in MC are not properly being created. For example 2 movies that I have X-Men Origins & The Wolverine both are put in the X-Men Collection. Also noticed that my Godzilla (2014) is placed in a MonsterVerse-Collection? A batch rescrape of the nfo files does not fix it. Any thoughts on that?

thx
X-men origins and The Wolverine are both part of The Wolverine Collection, see https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/45...uage=en-US
These two movies scraped correctly into Wolverine Collection for me.

Godzilla (2014) is part of the Godzilla Collection. See https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/53...uage=en-US

Please note, MC gets the data from TheMovieDb, which users can alter data at any time. There may have been a chance someone changes the Collections, and they have now been reverted back to their correct collection titles.
Media Companion Dev.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.737
Date: 2019-11-24

Fix for artwork from TheTVDb since the TVDb database migration to V3..

**Known Issues**
There are still issues with TVDB after their migration and update for V3 API.
Currently on TV Show Selector, English is the only returned language for TV Series

All TVDb issues in progress or fixed are listed at https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=60239

Just found out that Check for Update of Mc is not working at present.

New:

Fixed:
  • Movie - Fix search XBMC TMDb Scraper.
  • Movie - Fix sort Ratings on Table View.
  • Movie - Fix TMDb Norwegian language.
  • Movie - Fix Youtube trailer url in nfo to plugin format.
  • TV - Fix up artwork and some functionality after TVDB API V3 database change.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.737b x86 & x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
OK, something is corrupt on my end then. I nuked everything and have started with a fresh install of MC and deleted all the nfo files in my movie folders. The collections just would not update properly. What is the best way to rebuild the nfo files without it rescraping all the artwork? Tried the batch rescraper wizard, but apparently it only works if an nfo is present.

thx

Edit: nevermind, discovered profiles. Nice feature. Created a new profile and disabled all artwork download settings, and that recreated all the nfo files.
Hi I just started using media companion yesterday. So it is possible that this is just a noob question. 
But I have alot of old .avi files on my computer that I wanted to run through media companion and import into kodi. 
Everything is working perfectly except that it obvisiosly can't detect the correct audio language as it isn't defined in the file (I have smart playlists that filter on language in kodi). 
I know I could either try and write a script that tags every file correctly but I don't wanna go that route for a few private reasons. Another alternative is to edit the generated nfo files manually (which I have been doing this far).
But my question is if there is a way to batch edit that in media companion? Or if there is a way to define a default language that is always tags unspecifed language with?
(2019-10-05, 03:33)vbat99 Wrote: Lol. Looks like it's sorting it as text not as numerical value.

I'll look into it.
Any update on this?  I'm still seeing this issue with v3.7.3.7.  I thought I was going crazy for a second and then I saw what it was doing.  Smile
@vbat99 

Lately i memtioned that on TV Shows episodes the "director" tag didn't get scraped anymore. The credits (writer) is still working.
First i thought the TVDB data isn't there cause this happens sometimes on pretty new tv shows. But then i take a self look in tvdb website and the entries are there.

I also tried the setting "use TVDb api v1" but not worked.
Currently workaround is to fit in the info the manual way Sad

Any ideas/suggestions?

greetings, Chris

EDIT:

I tested now MC episode scrape with all sorts of scenarios and settings.
Directors for episodes is definitely broken.
(2019-12-05, 20:34)qnorsten Wrote: But I have alot of old .avi files on my computer that I wanted to run through media companion and import into kodi. 
Everything is working perfectly except that it obvisiosly can't detect the correct audio language as it isn't defined in the file (I have smart playlists that filter on language in kodi). 
This is normal behavior, also Kodi itself cannot detect and read all Media Tags of .avi files and other legacy formats.
Media Tags = Video Codec, Video aspect ratio, Audio Codec, Audio Channels, Audio Languages, included Subtitle Languages
It's a bit better working with .mp4, but most best working with .mkv. That's one of the reasons why there is almost only .mkv content you get from web.

(2019-12-05, 20:34)qnorsten Wrote: I know I could either try and write a script that tags every file correctly
I really not recommend to do that! If you play once a scraped movie or episode in Kodi (only just for one second) all Media Tags will be updated and overwritten in your .nfo.
If you ever have the feeling there are scraped have wrong media tags or tags are missing, just push short the play button in Kodi and you will get the best Media Tags results you can get.

I also have pretty much old .avi stuff where i can't find new .mkv sources, regarding the Media Tags it's not nice i know, but you're going to have to deal with it.
As far as possible try go get always .mkv content from release groups you can trust that they doing there conversion/encoding/tagging stuff nice.
(2019-12-05, 20:38)Skirge01 Wrote:
(2019-10-05, 03:33)vbat99 Wrote: Lol. Looks like it's sorting it as text not as numerical value.

I'll look into it.
Any update on this?  I'm still seeing this issue with v3.7.3.7.  I thought I was going crazy for a second and then I saw what it was doing.  Smile

Table view issue with Ratings sorting in incorrect order is fixed in 3.737b, Ratings now show as xx.x, eg rating of 8.2 now shows as 08.2.
This means sorting by ratings will put 00.1 first, and 10.0 last, or vice versa on how your sorting.
Media Companion Dev.
(2019-12-05, 20:34)qnorsten Wrote: Hi I just started using media companion yesterday. So it is possible that this is just a noob question. 
But I have alot of old .avi files on my computer that I wanted to run through media companion and import into kodi. 
I know I could either try and write a script that tags every file correctly but I don't wanna go that route for a few private reasons. Another alternative is to edit the generated nfo files manually (which I have been doing this far).
But my question is if there is a way to batch edit that in media companion? Or if there is a way to define a default language that is always tags unspecifed language with?

Unfortunately, as mentioned by chrissix, if the data is not in the stream details of the file, it can't be automatically detected by Kodi either.
Options are to rewrite the file to a mkv so you can set the audio track language, or do as you are currently, and editing the nfo.
(2019-12-06, 15:28)chrissix Wrote: I really not recommend to do that! If you play once a scraped movie or episode in Kodi (only just for one second) all Media Tags will be updated and overwritten in your .nfo.
Not quite true, Kodi will not update the nfo unless you export the Kodi database and overwrite the nfo files created by Media Companion.
Media Companion Dev.
(2019-12-06, 14:51)chrissix Wrote: @vbat99 

Lately i memtioned that on TV Shows episodes the "director" tag didn't get scraped anymore. The credits (writer) is still working.
First i thought the TVDB data isn't there cause this happens sometimes on pretty new tv shows. But then i take a self look in tvdb website and the entries are there.

I also tried the setting "use TVDb api v1" but not worked.
Currently workaround is to fit in the info the manual way Sad

Any ideas/suggestions?

greetings, Chris

EDIT:

I tested now MC episode scrape with all sorts of scenarios and settings.
Directors for episodes is definitely broken.

All the changes at TVDB are breaking things left/right & centre.
Think MC will need to step away from Kodi TVDb scraper altogether, as Kodi is changing the scrape over to Python which MC won't support.

Will be looking into this over the next weekend.
Media Companion Dev.
Code:
Hey Rob, quick question regarding TV Show scraping (not related to TVDB  Big Grin )

In Movies, we have the option to set up how we want to have our movies scraped; specifically ordering and organizing. I currently have my movies set up in the following structure:
Quote:Movies
   /A
    /Abyss, The
       /etc....
Is it possible to do something similar on the TV side? Would love to have the option to select which article to place at the end and organize in Letter folders. I know you got a crap ton of duct tape, paperclips, and superglue going to keep things operational right now, but I'm thinking something like this might be a welcome change to look at (yes, shameless appeal to your sense of, ..."thank God - something not scraper related" Rofl )

If it can be done, Awesome!! If not, eh - no harm in asking.

Thank you - from all of us - for keeping this going and helping to make it the best damn organizer out there!!!!
I have a friend who does this with TV Series.
Has 26 TV Root folders from A to Z
and Series under these folders
eg:
A:\Arrow
B:\Batwoman
etc

Advantages in this is now users can right click the Search All, and pick the Root folder to scan for new episodes in Series under that Root folder path

Is that what your meaning?
Media Companion Dev.
  • 357(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10