• 360(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2020-01-18, 01:00)leejk Wrote: I'm a first time use of MC for TV Shows, so maybe I am not doing something right. I have a test folder setup with a few shows in it. Today I upgraded to the latest version of MC and scraped this folder. It only found 1 of the shows and scraped it fine. About a minute later I tried to rescrape that show, but each time I got this error:

Rescraping Series: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Initializing TVDb...!!! Error - Running action [Scrape TVDb Series Main Body] threw [TVDb is unavailable!]

What would cause this? It seems unlikely that the TVDB is actually down each time I try.

TVDb site is usually is available, but the API site has been having issues. I noticed failure 12 hours ago, then it came right again for a couple of hours. Couple of hours ago it was working fine, but I see now that the API is taking longer to respond, sometimes not responding at all.

This is hitting other scraper programs as well, not just Media Companion.
Sorry to say, you just hit a moment where TVDb is flakey.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Question while testing Media Companion:  I was testing MC as well as a couple of other metadata programs.  This may seem obvious - but I was unable to find in settings.  When renaming TV episodes - does MC not create a season folder and move the file into it?  I didn't see a SeasonXX setting in the rename preferences.  Something I've overlooked?
(2020-01-18, 19:42)eherberg Wrote: Question while testing Media Companion:  I was testing MC as well as a couple of other metadata programs.  This may seem obvious - but I was unable to find in settings.  When renaming TV episodes - does MC not create a season folder and move the file into it?  I didn't see a SeasonXX setting in the rename preferences.  Something I've overlooked?

At present, this is not available in Media Companion.
It has been asked for, but not yet instigated, to change the renaming behaviour.
Media Companion Dev.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.740
Date: 2020-01-19

**Known Issues**
With outages at TVDB still occurring, there has been progress in fixing numerous bugs with their API.
Gladly, TV Show Selector tab is working again with lanugage checking, and Directors are available again on V1 API.

All TVDb issues in progress or fixed are listed at and updated at: https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=60239

New:

Fixed:
  • MC - Add Oops Message if Version Check returns no results.
  • MC - Switch Version check over to SourceForge.
  • MC - Test download webpage with TLS security.
  • TV - Fix Language check for TV Show Selector tab.
  • TV - Fix batch wizard not honoring which version API to use.
  • TV - Fix display of Series status, eg locked, sort order, ended when selecting different seasons or episodes of different shows.
  • TV - Fix scrape episode by air date if in title of episode (TVDb V1 API only at present).
  • Movie - Fix Rescrape All missing movie collection data.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.740b x86 & x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
Hi @vbat99 

I'll try to make it short:

Cause i read several requests in the community...
I don't know if you know the website https://letterboxd.com/
It got very popular in a very short time with millions of users. 
The database itself is a simple fork of ThemovieDB (TMDB), but it mainly focusses on a extended handy review, voting, and list system.
Their API is soon leaving it's BETA phase but i read it's really nice functional.

I have wrote the letterboxd maintainer a nice e-mail with some kind of concepts with the ask of providing an API key for testing purposes.
If i get a positive answer have you interest to take a little look at it for a test implementation?
For testing...
  • if its working
  • how its working
I am only talking of the rating and votes the API provides!

Future Plan:
If it's working the next step would be to convince the OMDB maintainer to implement (same like the ROTTEN TOMATOES and METACRITIC ratings)
It would be a request overload if every end-user is requesting the API directly. So only OMDB requesting the direct API source, and we the end-user are requesting from OMDB.

Now you're maybe asking "why i not ask the OMDB maintainer directly"? It's very difficult to reach him.
I pretty sure he's still working on OMDB cause the for some months the broken Tomatometer All Audience ratings over OMDB are fixed and working again.

If that's done it's a easy lesson to implement direclty in external Media Managers and kodi internal Universal Movie Scraper via OMDB.
____

I think that would be a great win for the Kodi community and Kodi users. But we have to start somewhere... and i ask you  Nod
____

I have read a bit in the letterboxd API documentation:
http://api-docs.letterboxd.com/

There is really a lot of API stuff to fetch but we would need only these 2 simple:
For rating the value is "rating" and
for votes the value is "ratings"

Comparison for Movie detection is via TMDB ID number.
____

I made some tests with the Movie "Star Trek: First Contact (1996)" -> https://letterboxd.com/film/star-trek-first-contact/
in the .nfo and called the rating value simple "letterboxd" and in the skinning .xml also typed in the same List.Item InfoLabel.

It's working like a charm  Cool Cool Cool
____

Still one question to solve:
The rating system is a bit different like on others...
On IMDB its 0.0 to 10 and on all others it's 0-100%
Letterboxd have not percent, instead points like imdb, but only up to 5.
Starting with 0.5 (minimum) up to 5.0 (maximum) always with 0.5 steps.

Kodi is rating system is intended to work with from 0.0 to 10.0.
So should we store the original rating or set a multiplicator x2 on scrape.
On my example i worked with a x2 multiplicator. In fact it doesn't matter cause with the Skin engine i can convert all ratings very simple (x2 or /2) 
But to avoid confusion, we should do it "right way" from the start.

Maybe a Team-Kodi Member with Kodi Core experience can give some advance? @ronie @DarrenHill 

Great thanks in advance  Smile
____

Letterboxd:
(2020-01-22, 01:04)chrissix Wrote: So should we store the original rating or set a multiplicator x2 on scrape.

you should multiply the rating in the scraper.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@chrissix

I was questioned about this a while ago, and at that time I said no as no API was present.

Looking at the beta api documentation I am not sure I am up to the task of writing a client from scratch. I see there are three example clients, Python, Ruby and Rust. But I know Visual Basic and a little C##.
Also I see the user needs to have an account for accessing data, Username and Password are required to get a authentication token.

I feel until there is a client in VB or C## I can use to get the data, it won't be a happening thing directly to Letterboxd api.

Unless, as you mentioned, the Dev of OMDb can be coaxed into amalgamating Letterboxd data into their api.
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-01-22, 10:22)vbat99 Wrote: Looking at the beta api documentation I am not sure I am up to the task of writing a client from scratch. I see there are three example clients, Python, Ruby and Rust. But I know Visual Basic and a little C##.
Also I see the user needs to have an account for accessing data, Username and Password are required to get a authentication token.
I didn't know it is that complicated. I  have thought cause the endpoints that are called via HTTPS it's possible with any scripting language.
Just like I brought my very limited knowledge together with Windows PowerShell to get data from ThemovieDB.
But I see ThemovieDB offers a dozen ways to access the API and Letterboxd only 3  Confused
https://www.themoviedb.org/documentation...-libraries

Ok so we have to wait  Undecided  until letterboxd API supporting more scripting languages or maybe in future you got deeper into Python3.

Maybe you have interest to implement a link shortcut for quick visit without clicking scrambling around in the browser same like IMDB,TMDB,TVDB,FANART.TV
The main links are usually this format https://letterboxd.com/film/star-trek-first-contact/
But the links can be autogenerated simple with: https://letterboxd.com/tmdb/199 -> https://letterboxd.com/tmdb/tmdbID

Just my 2 cents: I would place the IMDB/TMDB button besides instead toggle, and also FANART.TV beside.
I found out the IMDB/TMDB toggle very late. And just a few months ago i found out how the FANART.TV links working.
If not a Set right click FANART.TV button in Main Windows, if it is a Set this button is dead on right click instead click into the FANART.TV tab, with left click change if Main Movie or Set and right click open the link *gg*
Don't know how to do better but it's really long sentence to explain how it's functional^^

Anyway, your work is much appreciated!  Nod I am the same long time in MC as in Kodi. Thousands of hours.
(2020-01-22, 21:57)chrissix Wrote: I didn't know it is that complicated. I  have thought cause the endpoints that are called via HTTPS it's possible with any scripting language.
Just like I brought my very limited knowledge together with Windows PowerShell to get data from ThemovieDB
But I see ThemovieDB offers a dozen ways to access the API and Letterboxd only 3  Confused
https://www.themoviedb.org/documentation...-libraries
Letterboxd is in its infancy with its API, so API Wrappers are still work in progress. With time, someone will write a wrapper I can use in Media Companion
Quote:Ok so we have to wait  Undecided  until letterboxd API supporting more scripting languages or maybe in future you got deeper into Python3.
I won't be using Python in MC. It means another dependency, and cross communicating between Python and VB. Oh, and learning Python programming.
Quote:Maybe you have interest to implement a link shortcut for quick visit without clicking scrambling around in the browser same like IMDB,TMDB,TVDB,FANART.TV
The main links are usually this format https://letterboxd.com/film/star-trek-first-contact/
But the links can be autogenerated simple with: https://letterboxd.com/tmdb/199 -> https://letterboxd.com/tmdb/tmdbID
Those shortcut/links for IMDB/TMDb and Fanart.Tv are tabs not buttons.

Adding some function...somewhere... to open the letterboxd site to the specific movie is not a bad idea, but I wouldn't add a new tab just for this. Maybe a button somewhere else, or even in the right-click context menu when right clicking a movie?
So, that is what I have just done.
Currently users can right click a movie and you can choose to open the webpage of the movie at TMDB, If in a Set you can open the Set page at TMDb. AND in the next release, you can open the movie page at LetterBoxD.

Quote:Just my 2 cents: I would place the IMDB/TMDB button besides instead toggle, and also FANART.TV beside.
I found out the IMDB/TMDB toggle very late. And just a few months ago i found out how the FANART.TV links working.
If not a Set right click FANART.TV button in Main Windows, if it is a Set this button is dead on right click instead click into the FANART.TV tab, with left click change if Main Movie or Set and right click open the link *gg*
Don't know how to do better but it's really long sentence to explain how it's functional^^
I'd completely forgotten I'd added opening the Fanart.Tv webpage by right clicking the tab header. I don't recall why I set it to not open if the movie was in a collection. Might need to revamp this functionality.

Quote:Anyway, your work is much appreciated!  Nod I am the same long time in MC as in Kodi. Thousands of hours.

Always happy to get suggestions, but please don't be offended if suggestions are not taken onboard for development. Eek
Media Companion Dev.
Hi Mike,
Just wanted to let you know that the right click on Search New in the TV section might need a look.  Check boxes don't correspond to the discs scanned.

I know this is a pan, but, any chance that TV renaming might eventually be change to work like movies?

Also, is there a way to bypass the state setting?  Or multi-tag and set all as open.  I imported a bunch of TV shows (40+) and had to change each one individually in lieu of rescraping all of the shows.  Thanks
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Hello,

I searched and found a few posts on this topic but nothing specific to what I see. I used the batch rescrape wizard to rescrape tags, however I was expecting to see tags for audio codec, resolution, etc in the nfo files, but there is only <tag></tag>. Is there something else I missed?

thx
(2020-01-23, 16:09)bobrap Wrote: Hi Mike,
Just wanted to let you know that the right click on Search New in the TV section might need a look.  Check boxes don't correspond to the discs scanned.

Hmmm, who's Mike? Rob here. Thanks for that, didn't notice it myself till you mentioned it. Will get that fixed for the next release.

Quote:I know this is a pan, but, any chance that TV renaming might eventually be change to work like movies?

Its not a quick request, and I have to do a lot of testing before it is fully integrated into MC. Hate to rename something and the series or episodes disappear (has happened before).

Quote:Also, is there a way to bypass the state setting?  Or multi-tag and set all as open.  I imported a bunch of TV shows (40+) and had to change each one individually in lieu of rescraping all of the shows.  Thanks

Unfortunately in MC there is no way to multiselect in a Treeview as we have for TV Series.
Only option is to right click and select Unlock All. This will save the state for all the series you've imported. Will need to do a refresh.
If you have a bunch of these, maybe a separate instance of Media Companion and add just the imported series into this MC, Unlock All, then add the series to your main Media Companion.

I could add a context menu that changes Un-Verified to Open
Or would it be easier to set this on load of tvshow.nfo, if <state> does not exist, set to Openand resave the tvshow.nfo??
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-01-24, 02:57)leejk Wrote: Hello,

I searched and found a few posts on this topic but nothing specific to what I see. I used the batch rescrape wizard to rescrape tags, however I was expecting to see tags for audio codec, resolution, etc in the nfo files, but there is only <tag></tag>. Is there something else I missed?

thx

<Tags> are for Keywords, if you are looking to update the stream details, then right-click a movie, Rescrape Specific -> Media Tags
Or Batch Rescrape -> Rescrape Media Tags.

For Tags (keywords) right-click a movie, Rescrape Specific -> Keywords.
Or Batch Rescrape -> Scrape keywords to tag(s)
NB: You must have the option in Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab, Store Keywords in tag field selected.
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-01-24, 09:52)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-01-23, 16:09)bobrap Wrote: Hi Mike,

Hmmm, who's Mike? Rob here. Thanks for that, didn't notice it myself till you mentioned it. Will get that fixed for the next release.
Quote:I know this is a pan, but, any chance that TV renaming might eventually be change to work like movies?

Its not a quick request, and I have to do a lot of testing before it is fully integrated into MC. Hate to rename something and the series or episodes disappear (has happened before).
Quote:Also, is there a way to bypass the state setting?  Or multi-tag and set all as open.  I imported a bunch of TV shows (40+) and had to change each one individually in lieu of rescraping all of the shows.  Thanks

Unfortunately in MC there is no way to multiselect in a Treeview as we have for TV Series.
Only option is to right click and select Unlock All. This will save the state for all the series you've imported. Will need to do a refresh.
If you have a bunch of these, maybe a separate instance of Media Companion and add just the imported series into this MC, Unlock All, then add the series to your main Media Companion.

I could add a context menu that changes Un-Verified to Open
Or would it be easier to set this on load of tvshow.nfo, if <state> does not exist, set to Openand resave the tvshow.nfo?? 

Sorry about "Mike".  Have no idea what I was thinking. LOL.  The unlock all option worked fine.  I assume the context menu option would change things en masse?  As long as it works, whatever is easiest for tou is fine with me.  Thanks again.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Are trailers not scraping again?

Here is the error I am getting on all my movies.

Rescraping data for --> Searching For Bobby Fischer
Getting Trailer URLYoutube URL OK
Downloading trailer...Invalid Trailer Url detected!!! Downloading trailer...Zero length trailer deleted : [\\NIGHTCRAWLER\HarleyQuinn\Harley Quinn Videos\_RecentCorrected\moviesDone\Local\myMovies\-S\Searching For Bobby Fischer (1993) (1080p)\Searching For Bobby Fischer (1993) (1080p)-trailer.flv]Trailer download failed - Searching for an alternative one
Getting Trailer URLNo trailer URL found
Getting Trailer URLYoutube URL OK
Downloading trailer...Invalid Trailer Url detected!!! Downloading trailer...Zero length trailer deleted : [\\NIGHTCRAWLER\HarleyQuinn\Harley Quinn Videos\_RecentCorrected\moviesDone\Local\myMovies\-S\Searching For Bobby Fischer (1993) (1080p)\Searching For Bobby Fischer (1993) (1080p)-trailer.flv]Trailer download failed - Searching for an alternative one
Getting Trailer URLNo trailer URL found
  • 360(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10